Re: [pcgen] Re: v6.00.0 Pathfinder Psychic Warrior---Path Powers

    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 15, 2013

      We've gone away from using Martial Weapon Proficiency (MWP) Feat, as that was a fallacy. MWP is for
      the classes that don't get those proficiencies automatically and is meant to only grant a SINGLE
      Martial Weapon. In the newer release that is forthcoming, under the Special Qualities, I've added an
      entry that will look like this:

      Weapon and Armor Proficiency
      A barbarian is proficient with all simple and martial weapons, light armor, medium armor, and
      shields (except tower shields).

      This will display for each class you have. Note it says Proficient, not grants the Feat. So that is
      exactly what we've done. Your confusion and recent Program changes prompted this step. Hope that
      helps your experience in the future. ;)

      Cheers,

      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 26, 2013
        I still have a problem with power selections

        I've narrowed it down (I think) to the Favored Class Bonus

        Psychic Warrior Bonus Power (3x)

        Gain 1/3 power known from psychic warrior list, one level below highest power level

        PCGen allows me to allocate points towards purchasing the bonus power but is not then allocating me an additional selectable power

        What am I doing wrong?

        Also the Rogue Talent -- Ninja Trick only displays generic info within the character sheet

        i.e. "Ninja Trick (Ex)..."

        But keeps hidden the selected talent's special ability (in this case "Deadly Range")

        Nor does it update the sneak attack info relating to ranged weapons (Which should now be calculated as 40 ft.)

        Why is this, and is there an option available to modify this behaviour--i.e. make the selected special ability description visible within the character sheet?

        I do appreciate the help -- looking forward to making better use of this software :)

        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 26, 2013

          Psychic Warrior - If you can open a jira.pcgen.org data bug, someone will look at it.

          The Ninja stuff should be fixed in the most recent alpha release and should be included in the next
          release of 6.0.

          To confirm, send me your ninja pcg and I'll verify against the latest build information (Or you can
          grab the autobuild and test yourself).

          On 3/26/2013 2:02 AM, mat.cohen@... wrote:
          > I still have a problem with power selections
          >

          > I've narrowed it down (I think) to the Favored Class Bonus
          >
          > Psychic Warrior Bonus Power (3x)
          >
          > Gain 1/3 power known from psychic warrior list, one level below highest power level
          >

          > PCGen allows me to allocate points towards purchasing the bonus power but is not then allocating me an additional selectable power
          >
          > What am I doing wrong?
          >

          > Also the Rogue Talent -- Ninja Trick only displays generic info within the character sheet
          >
          > i.e. "Ninja Trick (Ex)..."
          >
          > But keeps hidden the selected talent's special ability (in this case "Deadly Range")
          >
          > Nor does it update the sneak attack info relating to ranged weapons (Which should now be calculated as 40 ft.)
          >
          > Why is this, and is there an option available to modify this behaviour--i.e. make the selected special ability description visible within the character sheet?
          >

          > I do appreciate the help -- looking forward to making better use of this software :)
          >

          > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Doug Limmer <adventure@...> wrote:
          >> I'll respond to both of your questions at the same time. Since you
          >> mentioned Path Powers, I'm assuming you're using Pathfinder.
          >>
          >> On 3/12/2013 11:45 PM, mat.cohen@... wrote:
          >>
          >>> PCGen does not automatically assign martial weapon proficiency to the
          >>> Psychic Warrior. This is affecting later Feat selections; ie. weapon
          >>> focus (composite bow) is not selectable--I'm assuming this is the
          >>> reason anyway :)
          >> I tried it, and it's working fine for me. If you have a 1st-level
          >> psychic warrior, though, you won't be able to take Weapon Focus; Weapon
          >> Focus requires a +1 BAB, and the psychic warrior doesn't get that until
          >> level 2.
          >>
          >>> It appears that selected path powers are being counted against the
          >>> character's total Powers Known. These should be bonus powers in addition
          >>> to maximum Powers Known.
          >>>
          >> I tried this out, too; it works correctly for me. What you might not
          >> have noticed, though, is that when the bonus power is added, PCGen also
          >> adds 1 to the number of powers known. So, while the class chart lists 2
          >> powers known for a 2nd-level psychic warrior, PCGen actually says there
          >> are 3 powers known; the two freely-choosable powers, and the one bonus
          >> path power. You should have the appropriate number of powers available
          >> to you.
          >>
          >> DS/DL

        • Doug Limmer
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 26, 2013
            On 3/26/2013 5:02 AM, mat.cohen@... wrote:

            > I still have a problem with power selections
            >
            > I've narrowed it down (I think) to the Favored Class Bonus
            >
            > Psychic Warrior Bonus Power (3x)
            >
            > Gain 1/3 power known from psychic warrior list, one level below
            > highest power level
            >
            > PCGen allows me to allocate points towards purchasing the bonus power
            > but is not then allocating me an additional selectable power
            >
            > What am I doing wrong?

            You aren't doing anything wrong; this isn't yet implemented. Adding
            powers is a bit tricky, and will take some infrastructure to get working
            correctly. It may not be up and running by the next release.

            DS/DL

            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 26, 2013
              Hi Doug,

              Open a tracker and explain what we need. I'll look at it during work.

              Cheers,

              On 3/26/2013 12:43 PM, Doug Limmer wrote:
              > On 3/26/2013 5:02 AM, mat.cohen@... wrote:
              >> I still have a problem with power selections
              >>
              >> I've narrowed it down (I think) to the Favored Class Bonus
              >>
              >> Psychic Warrior Bonus Power (3x)
              >>
              >> Gain 1/3 power known from psychic warrior list, one level below
              >> highest power level
              >>
              >> PCGen allows me to allocate points towards purchasing the bonus power
              >> but is not then allocating me an additional selectable power
              >>
              >> What am I doing wrong?
              >>
              > You aren't doing anything wrong; this isn't yet implemented. Adding
              > powers is a bit tricky, and will take some infrastructure to get working
              > correctly. It may not be up and running by the next release.
              >
              > DS/DL

            • Doug Limmer
              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 26, 2013
                DATA-1008 opened.