v6.00.0 Pathfinder Psychic Warrior---Path Powers

  • mat.cohen@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 12 8:45 PM
      It appears that selected path powers are being counted against the
      character's total Powers Known. These should be bonus powers in addition
      to maximum Powers Known.

    • Doug Limmer
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 13 11:39 AM
        I'll respond to both of your questions at the same time. Since you
        mentioned Path Powers, I'm assuming you're using Pathfinder.

        On 3/12/2013 11:45 PM, mat.cohen@... wrote:

        > PCGen does not automatically assign martial weapon proficiency to the
        > Psychic Warrior. This is affecting later Feat selections; ie. weapon
        > focus (composite bow) is not selectable--I'm assuming this is the
        > reason anyway :)

        I tried it, and it's working fine for me. If you have a 1st-level
        psychic warrior, though, you won't be able to take Weapon Focus; Weapon
        Focus requires a +1 BAB, and the psychic warrior doesn't get that until
        level 2.

        > It appears that selected path powers are being counted against the
        > character's total Powers Known. These should be bonus powers in addition
        > to maximum Powers Known.

        I tried this out, too; it works correctly for me. What you might not
        have noticed, though, is that when the bonus power is added, PCGen also
        adds 1 to the number of powers known. So, while the class chart lists 2
        powers known for a 2nd-level psychic warrior, PCGen actually says there
        are 3 powers known; the two freely-choosable powers, and the one bonus
        path power. You should have the appropriate number of powers available
        to you.

        DS/DL

      • mat.cohen@ymail.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 15 3:09 AM
          I built a 5th lvl Pys Warrior -- it does not list Martial Weapon
          Proficiency as an automatic feat.
          I now realise that this does not matter as I am able to select Weapon
          Focus (Longbow) and it adjusts the character's ranged attack bonus
          appropriately.
          I understand power selections now, thank you making it apparent where
          the problem was... with me!

          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 15 7:45 AM

            We've gone away from using Martial Weapon Proficiency (MWP) Feat, as that was a fallacy. MWP is for
            the classes that don't get those proficiencies automatically and is meant to only grant a SINGLE
            Martial Weapon. In the newer release that is forthcoming, under the Special Qualities, I've added an
            entry that will look like this:

            Weapon and Armor Proficiency
            A barbarian is proficient with all simple and martial weapons, light armor, medium armor, and
            shields (except tower shields).

            This will display for each class you have. Note it says Proficient, not grants the Feat. So that is
            exactly what we've done. Your confusion and recent Program changes prompted this step. Hope that
            helps your experience in the future. ;)

            Cheers,

            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 26 2:02 AM
              I still have a problem with power selections

              I've narrowed it down (I think) to the Favored Class Bonus

              Psychic Warrior Bonus Power (3x)

              Gain 1/3 power known from psychic warrior list, one level below highest power level

              PCGen allows me to allocate points towards purchasing the bonus power but is not then allocating me an additional selectable power

              What am I doing wrong?

              Also the Rogue Talent -- Ninja Trick only displays generic info within the character sheet

              i.e. "Ninja Trick (Ex)..."

              But keeps hidden the selected talent's special ability (in this case "Deadly Range")

              Nor does it update the sneak attack info relating to ranged weapons (Which should now be calculated as 40 ft.)

              Why is this, and is there an option available to modify this behaviour--i.e. make the selected special ability description visible within the character sheet?

              I do appreciate the help -- looking forward to making better use of this software :)

              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 26 4:52 AM

                Psychic Warrior - If you can open a jira.pcgen.org data bug, someone will look at it.

                The Ninja stuff should be fixed in the most recent alpha release and should be included in the next
                release of 6.0.

                To confirm, send me your ninja pcg and I'll verify against the latest build information (Or you can
                grab the autobuild and test yourself).

                On 3/26/2013 2:02 AM, mat.cohen@... wrote:
                > I still have a problem with power selections
                >

                > I've narrowed it down (I think) to the Favored Class Bonus
                >
                > Psychic Warrior Bonus Power (3x)
                >
                > Gain 1/3 power known from psychic warrior list, one level below highest power level
                >

                > PCGen allows me to allocate points towards purchasing the bonus power but is not then allocating me an additional selectable power
                >
                > What am I doing wrong?
                >

                > Also the Rogue Talent -- Ninja Trick only displays generic info within the character sheet
                >
                > i.e. "Ninja Trick (Ex)..."
                >
                > But keeps hidden the selected talent's special ability (in this case "Deadly Range")
                >
                > Nor does it update the sneak attack info relating to ranged weapons (Which should now be calculated as 40 ft.)
                >
                > Why is this, and is there an option available to modify this behaviour--i.e. make the selected special ability description visible within the character sheet?
                >

                > I do appreciate the help -- looking forward to making better use of this software :)
                >

                > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Doug Limmer <adventure@...> wrote:
                >> I'll respond to both of your questions at the same time. Since you
                >> mentioned Path Powers, I'm assuming you're using Pathfinder.
                >>
                >> On 3/12/2013 11:45 PM, mat.cohen@... wrote:
                >>
                >>> PCGen does not automatically assign martial weapon proficiency to the
                >>> Psychic Warrior. This is affecting later Feat selections; ie. weapon
                >>> focus (composite bow) is not selectable--I'm assuming this is the
                >>> reason anyway :)
                >> I tried it, and it's working fine for me. If you have a 1st-level
                >> psychic warrior, though, you won't be able to take Weapon Focus; Weapon
                >> Focus requires a +1 BAB, and the psychic warrior doesn't get that until
                >> level 2.
                >>
                >>> It appears that selected path powers are being counted against the
                >>> character's total Powers Known. These should be bonus powers in addition
                >>> to maximum Powers Known.
                >>>
                >> I tried this out, too; it works correctly for me. What you might not
                >> have noticed, though, is that when the bonus power is added, PCGen also
                >> adds 1 to the number of powers known. So, while the class chart lists 2
                >> powers known for a 2nd-level psychic warrior, PCGen actually says there
                >> are 3 powers known; the two freely-choosable powers, and the one bonus
                >> path power. You should have the appropriate number of powers available
                >> to you.
                >>
                >> DS/DL

              • Doug Limmer
                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 26 12:43 PM
                  On 3/26/2013 5:02 AM, mat.cohen@... wrote:

                  > I still have a problem with power selections
                  >
                  > I've narrowed it down (I think) to the Favored Class Bonus
                  >
                  > Psychic Warrior Bonus Power (3x)
                  >
                  > Gain 1/3 power known from psychic warrior list, one level below
                  > highest power level
                  >
                  > PCGen allows me to allocate points towards purchasing the bonus power
                  > but is not then allocating me an additional selectable power
                  >
                  > What am I doing wrong?

                  You aren't doing anything wrong; this isn't yet implemented. Adding
                  powers is a bit tricky, and will take some infrastructure to get working
                  correctly. It may not be up and running by the next release.

                  DS/DL

                  Message 8 of 9 , Mar 26 2:38 PM
                    Hi Doug,

                    Open a tracker and explain what we need. I'll look at it during work.

                    Cheers,

                    On 3/26/2013 12:43 PM, Doug Limmer wrote:
                    > On 3/26/2013 5:02 AM, mat.cohen@... wrote:
                    >> I still have a problem with power selections
                    >>
                    >> I've narrowed it down (I think) to the Favored Class Bonus
                    >>
                    >> Psychic Warrior Bonus Power (3x)
                    >>
                    >> Gain 1/3 power known from psychic warrior list, one level below
                    >> highest power level
                    >>
                    >> PCGen allows me to allocate points towards purchasing the bonus power
                    >> but is not then allocating me an additional selectable power
                    >>
                    >> What am I doing wrong?
                    >>
                    > You aren't doing anything wrong; this isn't yet implemented. Adding
                    > powers is a bit tricky, and will take some infrastructure to get working
                    > correctly. It may not be up and running by the next release.
                    >
                    > DS/DL

                  • Doug Limmer
                    Message 9 of 9 , Mar 26 5:44 PM
                      DATA-1008 opened.