Re: Some questions and some feedback on batch-convert: no improvement for 6.00.0

  • rogerwllco
    Message 1 of 29 , Mar 7, 2013
      One thing that I find odd, is that I have one source that has two feats with CHOOSE:FEAT=Weapon Specialization but I only get a popup for the first one, with text starting with:
      "Need help with underlying type for CHOOSE:FEAT=Weapon Specialization

      I don't get a popup for the second feat with exactly the same syntax.
      (Both the old 6.0 converter and the new one you from 6.00.01RC1)

      If I look at the output, it seems to have changed both occurrences. Is this on purpose? In that case my congratulations with making the converter smart enough not to ask the same question twice.

      Cheers,

      Adriaan Renting/RogerWilco

      > Hi Adriaan,

      > I'll investigate how to include that, but the actual jar file is just
      > for convenience, all the code files are pulled in from pcgen.jar. So,
      > you could either run it from the command line as
      >
      > java -Xmx512m -classpath pcgen.jar pcgen.gui.converter.PCGenDataConvert
      >
      > or you could copy the batch-convert.jar from your 6.0 install into the
      > autobuild folder.
      >
      > Cheers,
      > James.

    • rogerwllco
      Message 2 of 29 , Mar 7, 2013
        Also, you didn't really answer my question if you wanted my complete log output. You did state you were interested in the exceptions I encountered. These two pop up in the latest version of the converter:

        SEVERE Bad roll string in '1d12+STR': java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "STR"
        java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "STR"
        at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(NumberFormatException.java:48)
        at pcgen.core.RollInfo.parseRollInfo(RollInfo.java:225)
        at pcgen.core.RollInfo.validateRollString(RollInfo.java:88)
        at plugin.lsttokens.equipment.DamageToken.parseNonEmptyToken(DamageToken.java:49)
        at plugin.lsttokens.equipment.DamageToken.parseNonEmptyToken(DamageToken.java:34)
        at pcgen.rules.persistence.token.AbstractNonEmptyToken.parseToken(AbstractNonEmptyToken.java:36)
        at pcgen.rules.persistence.TokenSupport.processToken(TokenSupport.java:62)
        at pcgen.rules.context.LoadContext.processToken(LoadContext.java:257)
        at pcgen.gui.converter.DefaultTokenProcessor.process(DefaultTokenProcessor.java:38)
        at pcgen.gui.converter.TokenConverter.process(TokenConverter.java:108)
        at pcgen.gui.converter.loader.EquipmentLoader.processToken(EquipmentLoader.java:126)
        at pcgen.gui.converter.loader.EquipmentLoader.process(EquipmentLoader.java:82)
        at pcgen.gui.converter.LSTConverter.load(LSTConverter.java:325)
        at pcgen.gui.converter.LSTConverter.startItem(LSTConverter.java:195)
        at pcgen.gui.converter.LSTConverter.processCampaign(LSTConverter.java:131)
        at pcgen.gui.converter.panel.RunConvertPanel$1.run(RunConvertPanel.java:198)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)

        SEVERE Bad roll string in 'Spell': java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "Spell"
        java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "Spell"
        at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(NumberFormatException.java:48)
        at pcgen.core.RollInfo.parseRollInfo(RollInfo.java:112)
        at pcgen.core.RollInfo.validateRollString(RollInfo.java:88)
        at plugin.lsttokens.equipment.DamageToken.parseNonEmptyToken(DamageToken.java:49)
        at plugin.lsttokens.equipment.DamageToken.parseNonEmptyToken(DamageToken.java:34)
        at pcgen.rules.persistence.token.AbstractNonEmptyToken.parseToken(AbstractNonEmptyToken.java:36)
        at pcgen.rules.persistence.TokenSupport.processToken(TokenSupport.java:62)
        at pcgen.rules.context.LoadContext.processToken(LoadContext.java:257)
        at pcgen.gui.converter.DefaultTokenProcessor.process(DefaultTokenProcessor.java:38)
        at pcgen.gui.converter.TokenConverter.process(TokenConverter.java:108)
        at pcgen.gui.converter.loader.EquipmentLoader.processToken(EquipmentLoader.java:126)
        at pcgen.gui.converter.loader.EquipmentLoader.process(EquipmentLoader.java:82)
        at pcgen.gui.converter.LSTConverter.load(LSTConverter.java:325)
        at pcgen.gui.converter.LSTConverter.startItem(LSTConverter.java:195)
        at pcgen.gui.converter.LSTConverter.processCampaign(LSTConverter.java:131)
        at pcgen.gui.converter.panel.RunConvertPanel$1.run(RunConvertPanel.java:198)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)

        > Hi Adriaan,

        > I'll investigate how to include that, but the actual jar file is just
        > for convenience, all the code files are pulled in from pcgen.jar. So,
        > you could either run it from the command line as
        >
        > java -Xmx512m -classpath pcgen.jar pcgen.gui.converter.PCGenDataConvert
        >
        > or you could copy the batch-convert.jar from your 6.0 install into the
        > autobuild folder.
        >
        > Cheers,
        > James.

      • rogerwllco
        Message 3 of 29 , Mar 7, 2013
          Sorry, there is a bit more info in the log related to these that wasn't part of the exception itself:

          file:/Users/renting/meuk/DnD35/cmp5164/vendordata/cmp/rules_system_v35e/wizards_of_the_coast/generic/supplement/psionics_handbook/psihbk_d20_fantasy_v35e_equipmod.lst
          LSTERROR DAMAGE is invalid: Bad roll string in '1d12+STR': java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "STR" (Source: file:/Users/renting/meuk/DnD35/cmp5164/vendordata/cmp/rules_system_v35e/wizards_of_the_coast/generic/supplement/psionics_handbook/psihbk_d20_fantasy_v35e_equip_weap_melee.lst)
          LSTERROR Illegal Token 'DAMAGE' '1d12+STR' for pcgen.core.Equipment 5Test23 DAMAGE:1d12+STR in file:/Users/renting/meuk/DnD35/cmp5164/vendordata/cmp/rules_system_v35e/wizards_of_the_coast/generic/supplement/psionics_handbook/psihbk_d20_fantasy_v35e_equip_weap_melee.lst
          SEVERE Unable to unparse: DAMAGE:1d12+STR

          I think the DAMAGE for this item should just read 1d12. The +STR should be applied by PCGen itself because it counts like a onehanded melee weapon.

          file:/Users/renting/meuk/DnD35/cmp5164/vendordata/cmp/rules_system_v35e/wizards_of_the_coast/forgotten_realms/supplement/lords_of_darkness/lrddrk_d20_fantasy_v35e_equipmod.lst
          LSTERROR DAMAGE is invalid: Bad roll string in 'Spell': java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "Spell" (Source: file:/Users/renting/meuk/DnD35/cmp5164/vendordata/cmp/rules_system_v35e/wizards_of_the_coast/forgotten_realms/supplement/lords_of_darkness/lrddrk_d20_fantasy_v35e_equip_weap_ranged.lst)
          LSTERROR Illegal Token 'DAMAGE' 'Spell' for pcgen.core.Equipment 4Test14 DAMAGE:Spell in file:/Users/renting/meuk/DnD35/cmp5164/vendordata/cmp/rules_system_v35e/wizards_of_the_coast/forgotten_realms/supplement/lords_of_darkness/lrddrk_d20_fantasy_v35e_equip_weap_ranged.lst

          This one is more interesting, as it's a thrown rock with a spell stored in it, which gets released on a successful ranged touch attack. I've completely removed the DAMAGE tag for now, as I don't think this is valid syntax.

          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "rogerwllco" <g.a.renting@...> wrote:

> [...]
          > at pcgen.gui.converter.loader.EquipmentLoader.process(EquipmentLoader.java:82)
          > at pcgen.gui.converter.LSTConverter.load(LSTConverter.java:325)
          > at pcgen.gui.converter.LSTConverter.startItem(LSTConverter.java:195)
          > at pcgen.gui.converter.LSTConverter.processCampaign(LSTConverter.java:131)
          > at pcgen.gui.converter.panel.RunConvertPanel$1.run(RunConvertPanel.java:198)
          >

          > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, James Dempsey <jdempsey@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi Adriaan,

          > > I'll investigate how to include that, but the actual jar file is just
          > > for convenience, all the code files are pulled in from pcgen.jar. So,
          > > you could either run it from the command line as
          > >
          > > java -Xmx512m -classpath pcgen.jar pcgen.gui.converter.PCGenDataConvert
          > >
          > > or you could copy the batch-convert.jar from your 6.0 install into the

        • rogerwllco
          Message 4 of 29 , Mar 8, 2013
            I have now finished the conversion of my datasets to 6.00.0. At least the converter doesn't give any errors any more.

            I will still need to test the results to see if things indeed work, but the improvements in the converter have helped me a lot. It has easily saved me a few hours of clicking through things.

            also the tips on how to run the converter with more memory were essential.

            Limitations like the refusal to overwrite an earlier conversion attempt have gone from being a some painful minutes to select everything again to just a small annoyance of a few seconds of clicking Next.

            It made a big difference.

            Thank you.