Re: [pcgen] Documentation, deprecated syntax?

  • Eric C Smith
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 6, 2013
      Hi Folks!

      I've checked and it looks like both CHOOSE:SPELLCLASSES and CHOOSE:FEAT= have been deprecated in the code. Can I get James or one of the other Code team members to verify this?

      Once I get confirmation I'll open a DOC JIRA for each one and we can move forward.

      Thanks!

      Maredudd
      DOC 2nd

      On Mar 6, 2013, at 10:12 AM, rogerwllco wrote:

      > I posted this in the LST file forum, but apparently this is the more appropriate place for it:
      >
      > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "rogerwllco" wrote:
      > >
      > > It seems that the converter wants to change this to
      > >
      > > CHOOSE:CLASS|SPELLCASTER.
      > >
      > > It's not marked as deprecated syntax in the documentation, but given the behaviour of the converter it probably should be?
      > > http://www.pcgen-test.org/autobuilds/pcgen-docs/listfilepages/globalfilestagpages/globalfileschoose.html#SPELLCLASSES
      > >
      > > Cheers,
      > >
      > > Adriaan Renting/RogerWilco
      > >

      > I think the same might be true for CHOOSE:FEAT=x and CHOOSE:WEAPONFOCUS|x. The converter doesn't like CHOOSE:FEAT=x and the documentation for CHOOSE:FEAT=x mentions it as a replacement for CHOOSE:WEAPONFOCUS|x which apparently is even older syntax.
      >
      > Cheers,
    • rogerwllco
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 7, 2013
        It seems that the converter also doesn't like CHOOSE:SPELLLIST|x

        http://www.pcgen-test.org/autobuilds/pcgen-docs/listfilepages/globalfilestagpages/globalfileschoose.html#SPELLLIST

        Maybe that's deprecated syntax as well?

        Cheers,

        Adriaan Renting

        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 8, 2013
          It looks like the converter thinks that CHOOSE:STRING|FEAT=x is valid syntax even though the docs don't mention it. I haven't tested yet if it works, as I'm still in the middle of converting my CMP datasets.

          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 8, 2013
            Hi,

            I didn't encounter any issue with it myself when I was converting our sets. I'd say give it a test
            and see how it goes.

            Cheers,