Re: Documentation, deprecated syntax?

  • rogerwllco
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 6, 2013
      I'm not sure about CHOOSE:FEAT=x
      I'm also coming across syntax like
      CHOOSE:FEAT=Energy Substitution
      where Energy Substitution is coded as
      CHOOSE:STRING|Acid Energy|Cold Energy|Electrical Energy|Fire Energy|Sonic Energy

      I don't know how to replace that with newer syntax, there doesn't seem to be a CHOOSE:STRING|FEAT=x

      Cheers,

      Adriaan Renting/RogerWilco

      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "rogerwllco" <g.a.renting@...> wrote:

      > I posted this in the LST file forum, but apparently this is the more appropriate place for it:
      >
      > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "rogerwllco" <g.a.renting@> wrote:
      > >
      > > It seems that the converter wants to change this to
      > >
      > > CHOOSE:CLASS|SPELLCASTER.
      > >
      > > It's not marked as deprecated syntax in the documentation, but given the behaviour of the converter it probably should be?
      > > http://www.pcgen-test.org/autobuilds/pcgen-docs/listfilepages/globalfilestagpages/globalfileschoose.html#SPELLCLASSES
      > >
      > > Cheers,
      > >
      > > Adriaan Renting/RogerWilco
      > >

      > I think the same might be true for CHOOSE:FEAT=x and CHOOSE:WEAPONFOCUS|x. The converter doesn't like CHOOSE:FEAT=x and the documentation for CHOOSE:FEAT=x mentions it as a replacement for CHOOSE:WEAPONFOCUS|x which apparently is even older syntax.
      >
      > Cheers,
      >
      > Adriaan Renting/RogerWilco

    • Eric C Smith
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 6, 2013
        Hi Folks!

        I've checked and it looks like both CHOOSE:SPELLCLASSES and CHOOSE:FEAT= have been deprecated in the code. Can I get James or one of the other Code team members to verify this?

        Once I get confirmation I'll open a DOC JIRA for each one and we can move forward.

        Thanks!

        Maredudd
        DOC 2nd

        On Mar 6, 2013, at 10:12 AM, rogerwllco wrote:

        > I posted this in the LST file forum, but apparently this is the more appropriate place for it:
        >
        > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "rogerwllco" wrote:
        > >
        > > It seems that the converter wants to change this to
        > >
        > > CHOOSE:CLASS|SPELLCASTER.
        > >
        > > It's not marked as deprecated syntax in the documentation, but given the behaviour of the converter it probably should be?
        > > http://www.pcgen-test.org/autobuilds/pcgen-docs/listfilepages/globalfilestagpages/globalfileschoose.html#SPELLCLASSES
        > >
        > > Cheers,
        > >
        > > Adriaan Renting/RogerWilco
        > >

        > I think the same might be true for CHOOSE:FEAT=x and CHOOSE:WEAPONFOCUS|x. The converter doesn't like CHOOSE:FEAT=x and the documentation for CHOOSE:FEAT=x mentions it as a replacement for CHOOSE:WEAPONFOCUS|x which apparently is even older syntax.
        >
        > Cheers,
      • rogerwllco
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 7, 2013
          It seems that the converter also doesn't like CHOOSE:SPELLLIST|x

          http://www.pcgen-test.org/autobuilds/pcgen-docs/listfilepages/globalfilestagpages/globalfileschoose.html#SPELLLIST

          Maybe that's deprecated syntax as well?

          Cheers,

          Adriaan Renting

          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 8, 2013
            It looks like the converter thinks that CHOOSE:STRING|FEAT=x is valid syntax even though the docs don't mention it. I haven't tested yet if it works, as I'm still in the middle of converting my CMP datasets.

            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 8, 2013

              I didn't encounter any issue with it myself when I was converting our sets. I'd say give it a test
              and see how it goes.

              Cheers,