Documentation, deprecated syntax?

  • rogerwllco
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 6, 2013
      I posted this in the LST file forum, but apparently this is the more appropriate place for it:

      --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "rogerwllco" <g.a.renting@...> wrote:

      > It seems that the converter wants to change this to
      >
      > CHOOSE:CLASS|SPELLCASTER.
      >
      > It's not marked as deprecated syntax in the documentation, but given the behaviour of the converter it probably should be?
      > http://www.pcgen-test.org/autobuilds/pcgen-docs/listfilepages/globalfilestagpages/globalfileschoose.html#SPELLCLASSES
      >
      > Cheers,
      >
      > Adriaan Renting/RogerWilco

      I think the same might be true for CHOOSE:FEAT=x and CHOOSE:WEAPONFOCUS|x. The converter doesn't like CHOOSE:FEAT=x and the documentation for CHOOSE:FEAT=x mentions it as a replacement for CHOOSE:WEAPONFOCUS|x which apparently is even older syntax.

      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 6, 2013
        I'm not sure about CHOOSE:FEAT=x
        I'm also coming across syntax like
        CHOOSE:FEAT=Energy Substitution
        where Energy Substitution is coded as
        CHOOSE:STRING|Acid Energy|Cold Energy|Electrical Energy|Fire Energy|Sonic Energy

        I don't know how to replace that with newer syntax, there doesn't seem to be a CHOOSE:STRING|FEAT=x

        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "rogerwllco" <g.a.renting@...> wrote:

        > I posted this in the LST file forum, but apparently this is the more appropriate place for it:
        >
        > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "rogerwllco" <g.a.renting@> wrote:
        > >
        > > It seems that the converter wants to change this to
        > >
        > > CHOOSE:CLASS|SPELLCASTER.
        > >
        > > It's not marked as deprecated syntax in the documentation, but given the behaviour of the converter it probably should be?
        > > http://www.pcgen-test.org/autobuilds/pcgen-docs/listfilepages/globalfilestagpages/globalfileschoose.html#SPELLCLASSES
        > >
        > > Cheers,
        > >
        > > Adriaan Renting/RogerWilco
        > >

        > I think the same might be true for CHOOSE:FEAT=x and CHOOSE:WEAPONFOCUS|x. The converter doesn't like CHOOSE:FEAT=x and the documentation for CHOOSE:FEAT=x mentions it as a replacement for CHOOSE:WEAPONFOCUS|x which apparently is even older syntax.
        >
        > Cheers,
        >
        > Adriaan Renting/RogerWilco

      • Eric C Smith
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 6, 2013
          Hi Folks!

          I've checked and it looks like both CHOOSE:SPELLCLASSES and CHOOSE:FEAT= have been deprecated in the code. Can I get James or one of the other Code team members to verify this?

          Once I get confirmation I'll open a DOC JIRA for each one and we can move forward.

          Thanks!

          Maredudd
          DOC 2nd

          On Mar 6, 2013, at 10:12 AM, rogerwllco wrote:

          > I posted this in the LST file forum, but apparently this is the more appropriate place for it:
          >
          > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "rogerwllco" wrote:
          > >
          > > It seems that the converter wants to change this to
          > >
          > > CHOOSE:CLASS|SPELLCASTER.
          > >
          > > It's not marked as deprecated syntax in the documentation, but given the behaviour of the converter it probably should be?
          > > http://www.pcgen-test.org/autobuilds/pcgen-docs/listfilepages/globalfilestagpages/globalfileschoose.html#SPELLCLASSES
          > >
          > > Cheers,
          > >
          > > Adriaan Renting/RogerWilco
          > >

          > I think the same might be true for CHOOSE:FEAT=x and CHOOSE:WEAPONFOCUS|x. The converter doesn't like CHOOSE:FEAT=x and the documentation for CHOOSE:FEAT=x mentions it as a replacement for CHOOSE:WEAPONFOCUS|x which apparently is even older syntax.
          >
          > Cheers,
        • rogerwllco
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 7, 2013
            It seems that the converter also doesn't like CHOOSE:SPELLLIST|x

            http://www.pcgen-test.org/autobuilds/pcgen-docs/listfilepages/globalfilestagpages/globalfileschoose.html#SPELLLIST

            Maybe that's deprecated syntax as well?

            Cheers,

            Adriaan Renting

            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 8, 2013
              It looks like the converter thinks that CHOOSE:STRING|FEAT=x is valid syntax even though the docs don't mention it. I haven't tested yet if it works, as I'm still in the middle of converting my CMP datasets.

              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 8, 2013

                I didn't encounter any issue with it myself when I was converting our sets. I'd say give it a test
                and see how it goes.

                Cheers,