Re: [pcgen] Re: A little help would be nice, please.

    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 3, 2013
      Hi Steve,

      I know you weren't soliciting, that was just a simple reminder of the rules. I understand completely
      you were under one impression and sought to seek enlightenment.

      (Note to self, less sugary goodness on Sundays)

      Making your own LST files is not too difficult. Luckily, the files are plain text, so any Text
      Editor will do nicely. However, making your files is a bit of a commitment. I'd suggest starting
      with only items you need for yourself and your group, instead of trying to code an entire book.

      /I should pull out the 4e skeleton set, dust it off, since that would make things easier for eager
      folk such as yourself./

      Anyways, tools:

      * Text Editor (Syntax Highlighting is always a plus!)
      * PCGen Documentation with the LST Index of Tags (This is the Bible of Tags you can use, and
      where) in the program it's in the menu.
      * PCGen Documentation How to LST Code Classes
      * Our PCGen Yahoo Group 'ListFileHelp' is a wonderful place to ask the "How can I code up this?"
      questions
      * Advanced Tools to make your life easier can be found through our wiki - http://wiki.pcgen.org
      (Under the Content/Data Team)
      * Me, yes, I suppose I'm another tool in that coding tool box. When you reach a point where you
      feel you've hit that "wall", I'm one of the guides to assist you along. I also have a good idea
      of what can and can't be done today.

      With all that, you just jump on in and begin coding.

      Cheers,