[Pathfinder] Two-handed weapon attack bonus calc

  • Joe Wells
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 24, 2013
      Sorry, guys. Me again.

      Was building a half-orc summoner. Added a greataxe. Character sheet
      listed attack bonus as null. Fooled around with it for a while and it
      looks like this is happening on all two-handed weapons.

      Created a new fighter from scratch, threw 6 levels at it and added a
      greatsword. This is what the troubleshooting sheet shows:

      Attacks Greatsword Melee; Number of Attacks: 2; Crit: 19-20; Crit
      Multiplier: x2; Reach: 5 ft. To Hit: null = +6[BAB] +1[STAT] +0[SIZE]
      Damage: 2d6+1

      Other weapons seem to work correctly:

      Attacks Longsword Melee; Number of Attacks: 2; Crit: 19-20; Crit
      Multiplier: x2; Reach: 5 ft. To Hit: +7 = +6[BAB] +1[STAT] +0[SIZE]
      Damage: 1d8+1

      Sources: Core, APG, UM, UC, Bestiary

      Okay, fooling with it more, it looks like the issue is sheet specific.
      Wrong: statblock1, statblock4, statblock5, troubleshooting (!),
      statblock3, statblock_SRD, statblock2
      Correct: compact, standard, preview, statblock4a, Fantasy

      --
      Joe Wells
    • Barak
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 25, 2013
        Did you equip it two handed? You have to do that for it to appear properly
        on some sheets.

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 25, 2013
          It's a bug for certain. It breaks the OS blocks. The invalid to hit and damage can be changed and at
          some point the out of the box value got changed, and the OS's are mainly hardcoded for the old
          value. I fixed it in a few spots, but apparently it's in more places that even I realized.

          James and I hashed out a fix, but I need to wait for it to be implemented to lay this beast to rest
          for good.

          On 2/25/2013 9:51 AM, Barak wrote:
          > Did you equip it two handed? You have to do that for it to appear properly
          > on some sheets.
          > On Feb 24, 2013 9:18 PM, "Joe Wells" <joe.wells@...> wrote:
          >
          >> **
          >>

          >> Sorry, guys. Me again.
          >>
          >> Was building a half-orc summoner. Added a greataxe. Character sheet
          >> listed attack bonus as null. Fooled around with it for a while and it
          >> looks like this is happening on all two-handed weapons.
          >>
          >> Created a new fighter from scratch, threw 6 levels at it and added a
          >> greatsword. This is what the troubleshooting sheet shows:
          >>
          >> Attacks Greatsword Melee; Number of Attacks: 2; Crit: 19-20; Crit
          >> Multiplier: x2; Reach: 5 ft. To Hit: null = +6[BAB] +1[STAT] +0[SIZE]
          >> Damage: 2d6+1
          >>
          >> Other weapons seem to work correctly:
          >>
          >> Attacks Longsword Melee; Number of Attacks: 2; Crit: 19-20; Crit
          >> Multiplier: x2; Reach: 5 ft. To Hit: +7 = +6[BAB] +1[STAT] +0[SIZE]
          >> Damage: 1d8+1
          >>
          >> Sources: Core, APG, UM, UC, Bestiary
          >>
          >> Okay, fooling with it more, it looks like the issue is sheet specific.
          >> Wrong: statblock1, statblock4, statblock5, troubleshooting (!),
          >> statblock3, statblock_SRD, statblock2
          >> Correct: compact, standard, preview, statblock4a, Fantasy
          >>
          >> --
          >> Joe Wells

        • Joe Wells
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 14, 2013
            I'm messing around with 6.1.3 alpha and this still seems to be an issue.

            Joe Wells

            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 15, 2013
              Hi Joe,

              I've asked Stefan to tackle this issue, and he's updated the tags I need. I should be able to get
              this addressed for you by the next release.

              Thanks for your patience.

              Cheers,