Re: [pcgen] bardic abilities 0

    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 24, 2013

      * CODE-2086 <http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/CODE-2086>

      Bardic Abilities showing 0 when DEFINE and BONUS:VAR are set correctly in the granted ability

      I've logged it as this is a Code issue. Something got broken in the Code to determine Variables.
      Data looks good.

      Cheers,

    • Paul
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 24, 2013
        Why don't we put a File Bug Report under the help menu that redirects them to Jira?

        > * CODE-2086 <http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/CODE-2086>
        >

        > Bardic Abilities showing 0 when DEFINE and BONUS:VAR are set correctly in the granted ability
        >

        > I've logged it as this is a Code issue. Something got broken in the Code to determine Variables.
        > Data looks good.
        >
        > Cheers,
        >
        > On 2/23/2013 11:54 PM, Sam Elmore wrote:
        > > Thanks Andrew. I have no clue what a JIRA is or how to log one J
        > >

        > > Sam

      • telgarfr
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 12, 2013

          Any news to this issue ?

          I just switched to PCGen 6  (used 5.14 until recently) and I have the same issue: bardic abilities are at 0 either with an old character imported or with a brand-new one created. I tried the latest alpha release 07 in addition to the stable release and the result is the same.

          Is it the issue tracked ?

        • James Dempsey
          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 12, 2013
            Hi Sebastien,

            The issue logged earlier in this thread was fixed and trying it out now, with 35e everything looks fine.

            Could you please either log an issue in jira, or post full details here? It is best to report the behaviour of 6.1.7 as that has the most up to date code. If you could indicate the sets you have loaded, the actions you took, etc it would be very helpful.

            Cheer,s
            James.

            On 12/10/2013 11:45 PM sebastien.peslin@... wrote

            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 12, 2013
              This was fixed in 6.01.05 or 06 IIRC.

              It pertained to variables not being tracked properly if they weren't top tier. It was a recent fix.

              Cheers,

              Message 6 of 11 , Oct 17, 2013

                 Thanks James,

                As it is reported fixed, I performed some more tries : with only SRD3.5 for players loaded, I am able to create a 2nd level bard with "non-zeroed" bardic abilities.

                It may have something to do with my homebrewed datasets - I'll have to try more to identify the source of the issue.

                Cheers