Re: [pcgen] bardic abilities 0

    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 23, 2013

      Version?

      Yes, that would definitely be a bug.

      On 2/23/2013 2:02 PM, Sam Elmore wrote:
      > Hej,
      >
      > I just created a 4th level bard 1st level rogue in PC Gen 6.00.0 and all of my bardic music abilities are coming up as 0. I'm running it on an iMac Snow Leopard w/ the correct java installed if that matters... Is this a bug that needs to be reported or am I doing something wrong? I'm using 3.5 gamemode...
      >
      > Tack!
      >
      > Sam

    • Sam Elmore
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 23, 2013
        Hej Andrew,

        I am using version 6.00.0 in 3.5 gamemode on an iMac running snow Leopard
        with the correct java installed.what do needs to happen next so that it can
        be fixed?

        Sam

        http://wiki.pcgen.org/Mailing_Lists_and_PCGen_Links

        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 23, 2013
          Hi Sam,

          Normally a user will log a JIRA tracker for us. jira.pcgen.org

          I'll take a quick look at the issue.

          On 2/23/2013 11:39 PM, Sam Elmore wrote:
          > Hej Andrew,
          >

          > I am using version 6.00.0 in 3.5 gamemode on an iMac running snow Leopard
          > with the correct java installed.what do needs to happen next so that it can
          > be fixed?
          >

          > Sam

        • Sam Elmore
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 23, 2013
            Thanks Andrew. I have no clue what a JIRA is or how to log one J

            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 24, 2013

              * CODE-2086 <http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/CODE-2086>

              Bardic Abilities showing 0 when DEFINE and BONUS:VAR are set correctly in the granted ability

              I've logged it as this is a Code issue. Something got broken in the Code to determine Variables.
              Data looks good.

              Cheers,

            • Paul
              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 24, 2013
                Why don't we put a File Bug Report under the help menu that redirects them to Jira?

                > * CODE-2086 <http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/CODE-2086>
                >

                > Bardic Abilities showing 0 when DEFINE and BONUS:VAR are set correctly in the granted ability
                >

                > I've logged it as this is a Code issue. Something got broken in the Code to determine Variables.
                > Data looks good.
                >
                > Cheers,
                >
                > On 2/23/2013 11:54 PM, Sam Elmore wrote:
                > > Thanks Andrew. I have no clue what a JIRA is or how to log one J
                > >

                > > Sam

              • telgarfr
                Message 7 of 11 , Oct 12, 2013

                  Any news to this issue ?

                  I just switched to PCGen 6  (used 5.14 until recently) and I have the same issue: bardic abilities are at 0 either with an old character imported or with a brand-new one created. I tried the latest alpha release 07 in addition to the stable release and the result is the same.

                  Is it the issue tracked ?

                • James Dempsey
                  Message 8 of 11 , Oct 12, 2013
                    Hi Sebastien,

                    The issue logged earlier in this thread was fixed and trying it out now, with 35e everything looks fine.

                    Could you please either log an issue in jira, or post full details here? It is best to report the behaviour of 6.1.7 as that has the most up to date code. If you could indicate the sets you have loaded, the actions you took, etc it would be very helpful.

                    Cheer,s
                    James.

                    On 12/10/2013 11:45 PM sebastien.peslin@... wrote

                    Message 9 of 11 , Oct 12, 2013
                      This was fixed in 6.01.05 or 06 IIRC.

                      It pertained to variables not being tracked properly if they weren't top tier. It was a recent fix.

                      Cheers,

                      Message 10 of 11 , Oct 17, 2013

                         Thanks James,

                        As it is reported fixed, I performed some more tries : with only SRD3.5 for players loaded, I am able to create a 2nd level bard with "non-zeroed" bardic abilities.

                        It may have something to do with my homebrewed datasets - I'll have to try more to identify the source of the issue.

                        Cheers