Re: Remove a spell-like ability granted by a race

  • koenig.trex
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 22, 2013
      Hello Andrew,

      > Questions of this nature belong over on our Lst File Help group - which is where folks give advice
      > on such interesting questions.

      oops, sorry.

      > Now, to answer the question.
      >
      > You cannot directly 'Clear' a race. You can .FORGET one, but then you'll be without the Race.
      >
      > In your present case, I would recommend creating a new race based off the old one. The reason being
      > is you can't modify the SPELLS tag inside a race.

      Well, it's easy to create a new race named Drow, but then I have to modify each object that has Elf (Drow) as a prerequisite. This is why I prefer to modify an existing race.

      > However, the good news is, if you can open a Feature Request, a monkey of experience can often times
      > alter the race for you so you can modify such things in the future. (I wouldn't mind doing that for
      > you, it's only 5 minutes of effort to make it work as you seem to want.)
      >
      > Now, if you don't mind doing the work yourself, you can simply alter the race entry. I'm guessing
      > the Times are what you want to alter, correct?

      Yes. This is my current work:
      -
      DEFINE:DancingLightsTimes|1
      DEFINE:DarknessTimes|1
      DEFINE:FaerieFireTimes|1
      SPELLS:Innate|TIMES=DancingLightsTimes|CASTERLEVEL=TL|Dancing Lights,10+CHA|PRESTAT:1,INT=10
      SPELLS:Innate|TIMES=DarknessTimes|CASTERLEVEL=TL|Darkness,12+CHA|PRESTAT:1,INT=10
      SPELLS:Innate|TIMES=FaerieFireTimes|CASTERLEVEL=TL|Faerie Fire,11+CHA|PRESTAT:1,INT=10
      -

      > The Times would need a Variable which Requires a DEFINE tag.
      >
      > I'm at work, so I don't have the available free time to look at the supplement and what all it
      > changes, but if you give me exact items you need, I can change those.

      The Drow is defined in rsrd_races_e_f.lst, the specific tag is
      -
      SPELLS:Innate|TIMES=1|CASTERLEVEL=TL|Dancing Lights,10+CHA|Darkness,12+CHA|Faerie Fire,11+CHA|PRESTAT:1,INT=10
      -

      Thanks,
      Helge
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 22, 2013

        DATA-933 <http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/DATA-933>
        *Make Drow SLAs modifiable* <http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/DATA-933>
        Completed at Revision: 19517

        Also, to remove the Spell-Like Ability. You can now use

        ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|.CLEAR.Spell-Like Abilities ~ Drow

        Spells Tags have been moved to the Actual Ability.

        Cheers,

        On 2/22/2013 12:03 AM, koenig.trex wrote:
        > Hello Andrew,
        >
        >> Questions of this nature belong over on our Lst File Help group - which is where folks give advice
        >> on such interesting questions.
        > oops, sorry.
        >
        >> Now, to answer the question.
        >>
        >> You cannot directly 'Clear' a race. You can .FORGET one, but then you'll be without the Race.
        >>
        >> In your present case, I would recommend creating a new race based off the old one. The reason being
        >> is you can't modify the SPELLS tag inside a race.
        > Well, it's easy to create a new race named Drow, but then I have to modify each object that has Elf (Drow) as a prerequisite. This is why I prefer to modify an existing race.
        >
        >> However, the good news is, if you can open a Feature Request, a monkey of experience can often times
        >> alter the race for you so you can modify such things in the future. (I wouldn't mind doing that for
        >> you, it's only 5 minutes of effort to make it work as you seem to want.)
        >>
        >> Now, if you don't mind doing the work yourself, you can simply alter the race entry. I'm guessing
        >> the Times are what you want to alter, correct?
        > Yes. This is my current work:
        > -
        > DEFINE:DancingLightsTimes|1
        > DEFINE:DarknessTimes|1
        > DEFINE:FaerieFireTimes|1
        > SPELLS:Innate|TIMES=DancingLightsTimes|CASTERLEVEL=TL|Dancing Lights,10+CHA|PRESTAT:1,INT=10
        > SPELLS:Innate|TIMES=DarknessTimes|CASTERLEVEL=TL|Darkness,12+CHA|PRESTAT:1,INT=10
        > SPELLS:Innate|TIMES=FaerieFireTimes|CASTERLEVEL=TL|Faerie Fire,11+CHA|PRESTAT:1,INT=10
        > -
        >
        >> The Times would need a Variable which Requires a DEFINE tag.
        >>
        >> I'm at work, so I don't have the available free time to look at the supplement and what all it
        >> changes, but if you give me exact items you need, I can change those.
        > The Drow is defined in rsrd_races_e_f.lst, the specific tag is
        > -
        > SPELLS:Innate|TIMES=1|CASTERLEVEL=TL|Dancing Lights,10+CHA|Darkness,12+CHA|Faerie Fire,11+CHA|PRESTAT:1,INT=10
        > -
        >

        > Thanks,
        > Helge

      • koenig.trex
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 22, 2013
          Good evening,

          > DATA-933 <http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/DATA-933>
          > *Make Drow SLAs modifiable* <http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/DATA-933>
          > Completed at Revision: 19517

          Thanks, I do not have a jira account yet.

          Greetings,
          Helge