Re: [pcgen] Same Wand/Different Charges

  • David R. Bender
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 19, 2013
      There is no way to do that with the 'standard' wands.

      What works with my Oracle, who has two clw wands is to do the following;
      1) From a "blank" wand, Add Custom Wand, with Cleric 1st level, Cure
      Light Wounds spell and set the charges as appropriate. For this wand
      change the default nameto add a " - 1" at the end of it.
      2) Do step 1, but change the default name to add a " - 2" to the end of it.
      3) & 4) Repeat " - 3" and " - 4"

      Oh, and I clear the SPROP tag. You will now have 4 "different" wands
      with the correct charges that can be added with just adding to the total
      of the 'standard' wands, and they can be kept track of separately.

      -- david
      Papa.DRB

      My better half and me (jpg)

      On 2/19/2013 11:29 AM, Allen Cohn wrote:
      > Hello!
      >
      > I want to equip my Pathfinder character with four wands of cure light wounds:
      >
      > 1) 50 charges
      > 2) 50 charges
      > 3) 10 charges
      > 4) 5 charges
      >
      > How do I do that? I'm trying to use the right click | "Modify Charges" command, but that seems to affect all four wands, not just modify them individually.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Allen

    • Allen Cohn
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 19, 2013
        Gotcha.

        I just now did something similar: I selected Wand of Cure Light Wounds from the Inventory tab and then clicked "Add Custom". I created four wands, each with a slightly different name. I modified the charges on two of them.

        The charges showed up correctly on the PDF export (although they showed up incorrectly on the Character Sheet tab.

        Thanks,
        Allen

        PS: I thought I read that the interface has temporarily lost the ability to delete custom items. I hope that functionality is restored soon since the wand with five charges will be used up in a hurry! :-)

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 19, 2013

          Open a bug for the OS.

          And the Delete Function has been rectified for the next release. James got on that within a few
          hours of the original notification.

          On 2/19/2013 9:06 AM, Allen Cohn wrote:
          > Gotcha.
          >
          > I just now did something similar: I selected Wand of Cure Light Wounds from the Inventory tab and then clicked "Add Custom". I created four wands, each with a slightly different name. I modified the charges on two of them.
          >
          > The charges showed up correctly on the PDF export (although they showed up incorrectly on the Character Sheet tab.
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Allen
          >
          > PS: I thought I read that the interface has temporarily lost the ability to delete custom items. I hope that functionality is restored soon since the wand with five charges will be used up in a hurry! :-)
          >
          > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "David R. Bender" <Papa.DRB@...> wrote:
          >> There is no way to do that with the 'standard' wands.
          >>
          >> What works with my Oracle, who has two clw wands is to do the following;
          >> 1) From a "blank" wand, Add Custom Wand, with Cleric 1st level, Cure
          >> Light Wounds spell and set the charges as appropriate. For this wand
          >> change the default nameto add a " - 1" at the end of it.
          >> 2) Do step 1, but change the default name to add a " - 2" to the end of it.
          >> 3) & 4) Repeat " - 3" and " - 4"
          >>
          >> Oh, and I clear the SPROP tag. You will now have 4 "different" wands
          >> with the correct charges that can be added with just adding to the total
          >> of the 'standard' wands, and they can be kept track of separately.
          >>
          >> -- david
          >> Papa.DRB

        • FerretDave
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 21, 2013
            Worth adding that to the startup 'tips' ?