Same Wand/Different Charges

  • Allen Cohn
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 19, 2013
      Hello!

      I want to equip my Pathfinder character with four wands of cure light wounds:

      1) 50 charges
      2) 50 charges
      3) 10 charges
      4) 5 charges

      How do I do that? I'm trying to use the right click | "Modify Charges" command, but that seems to affect all four wands, not just modify them individually.

      Thanks,
      Allen
    • David R. Bender
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 19, 2013
        There is no way to do that with the 'standard' wands.

        What works with my Oracle, who has two clw wands is to do the following;
        1) From a "blank" wand, Add Custom Wand, with Cleric 1st level, Cure
        Light Wounds spell and set the charges as appropriate. For this wand
        change the default nameto add a " - 1" at the end of it.
        2) Do step 1, but change the default name to add a " - 2" to the end of it.
        3) & 4) Repeat " - 3" and " - 4"

        Oh, and I clear the SPROP tag. You will now have 4 "different" wands
        with the correct charges that can be added with just adding to the total
        of the 'standard' wands, and they can be kept track of separately.

        -- david
        Papa.DRB

        My better half and me (jpg)

        On 2/19/2013 11:29 AM, Allen Cohn wrote:
        > Hello!
        >
        > I want to equip my Pathfinder character with four wands of cure light wounds:
        >
        > 1) 50 charges
        > 2) 50 charges
        > 3) 10 charges
        > 4) 5 charges
        >
        > How do I do that? I'm trying to use the right click | "Modify Charges" command, but that seems to affect all four wands, not just modify them individually.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Allen

      • Allen Cohn
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 19, 2013
          Gotcha.

          I just now did something similar: I selected Wand of Cure Light Wounds from the Inventory tab and then clicked "Add Custom". I created four wands, each with a slightly different name. I modified the charges on two of them.

          The charges showed up correctly on the PDF export (although they showed up incorrectly on the Character Sheet tab.

          Thanks,
          Allen

          PS: I thought I read that the interface has temporarily lost the ability to delete custom items. I hope that functionality is restored soon since the wand with five charges will be used up in a hurry! :-)

          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 19, 2013

            Open a bug for the OS.

            And the Delete Function has been rectified for the next release. James got on that within a few
            hours of the original notification.

            On 2/19/2013 9:06 AM, Allen Cohn wrote:
            > Gotcha.
            >
            > I just now did something similar: I selected Wand of Cure Light Wounds from the Inventory tab and then clicked "Add Custom". I created four wands, each with a slightly different name. I modified the charges on two of them.
            >
            > The charges showed up correctly on the PDF export (although they showed up incorrectly on the Character Sheet tab.
            >
            > Thanks,
            > Allen
            >
            > PS: I thought I read that the interface has temporarily lost the ability to delete custom items. I hope that functionality is restored soon since the wand with five charges will be used up in a hurry! :-)
            >
            > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "David R. Bender" <Papa.DRB@...> wrote:
            >> There is no way to do that with the 'standard' wands.
            >>
            >> What works with my Oracle, who has two clw wands is to do the following;
            >> 1) From a "blank" wand, Add Custom Wand, with Cleric 1st level, Cure
            >> Light Wounds spell and set the charges as appropriate. For this wand
            >> change the default nameto add a " - 1" at the end of it.
            >> 2) Do step 1, but change the default name to add a " - 2" to the end of it.
            >> 3) & 4) Repeat " - 3" and " - 4"
            >>
            >> Oh, and I clear the SPROP tag. You will now have 4 "different" wands
            >> with the correct charges that can be added with just adding to the total
            >> of the 'standard' wands, and they can be kept track of separately.
            >>
            >> -- david
            >> Papa.DRB

          • FerretDave
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 21, 2013
              Worth adding that to the startup 'tips' ?