Tiefling racial traits

  • Ivan Bargalló
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 18, 2013
      Hello,

      I'm creating a new tiefling character with PCGen 6.0.0 and I want to change
      the racial traits for some alternate racial (maw or clar for example ), and
      though it seems I can chose Tiefling race, when I access to feat tab, I
      can't find the racial traits anywhere like I did for elf/human characters.
      Maybe I didn't load the advanced race guide data? I can't find any source
      with a name like this .in advanced source tab.

      Thanks!

      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 18, 2013

        Advanced Race Guide is not released yet, still in progress. You're seeing the Tiefling from the
        Bestiary.

        Cheers,

        On 2/18/2013 3:33 PM, Ivan Bargalló wrote:
        > Hello,
        >
        > I'm creating a new tiefling character with PCGen 6.0.0 and I want to change
        > the racial traits for some alternate racial (maw or clar for example ), and
        > though it seems I can chose Tiefling race, when I access to feat tab, I
        > can't find the racial traits anywhere like I did for elf/human characters.
        > Maybe I didn't load the advanced race guide data? I can't find any source
        > with a name like this .in advanced source tab.
        >
        > Thanks!

      • thalandornotav
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 19, 2013
          Seriously? :(
          I saw other msg talking about it so I suposed is already released...there isn't an alpha/beta release of the data in cvs?

          Thanks

          > Advanced Race Guide is not released yet, still in progress. You're seeing the Tiefling from the
          > Bestiary.
          >
          > Cheers,
          >
          > On 2/18/2013 3:33 PM, Ivan Bargalló wrote:
          > > Hello,
          > >
          > > I'm creating a new tiefling character with PCGen 6.0.0 and I want to change
          > > the racial traits for some alternate racial (maw or clar for example ), and
          > > though it seems I can chose Tiefling race, when I access to feat tab, I
          > > can't find the racial traits anywhere like I did for elf/human characters.
          > > Maybe I didn't load the advanced race guide data? I can't find any source
          > > with a name like this .in advanced source tab.
          > >
          > > Thanks!

          > > Yahoo! Groups Links
          > >

          > --
          > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
          > Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur
          > Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

        • David R. Bender
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 19, 2013
            There is a pre-pre-alpha release, but it is definitely not worthy of
            public alpha release yet.

            I coded up arace with specific traits for one my players, and in order
            to do thatsome of the base data sets had to be change.My feeling, and I
            believe that Andrew will say pretty much the same thing is that this one
            needs to be done in pieces to ensure that the changes to the base data
            sets don't screw up anything, before we have a formal alpha or beta release.

            -- david
            Papa.DRB

            My better half and me (jpg)

            On 2/19/2013 3:57 AM, thalandornotav wrote:
            > Seriously? :(
            > I saw other msg talking about it so I suposed is already released...there isn't an alpha/beta release of the data in cvs?
            >
            > Thanks

            >> Hi,
            >>
            >> Advanced Race Guide is not released yet, still in progress. You're seeing the Tiefling from the
            >> Bestiary.
            >>
            >> Cheers,
            >>
            >> On 2/18/2013 3:33 PM, Ivan Bargalló wrote:
            >>> Hello,
            >>>
            >>> I'm creating a new tiefling character with PCGen 6.0.0 and I want to change
            >>> the racial traits for some alternate racial (maw or clar for example ), and
            >>> though it seems I can chose Tiefling race, when I access to feat tab, I
            >>> can't find the racial traits anywhere like I did for elf/human characters.
            >>> Maybe I didn't load the advanced race guide data? I can't find any source
            >>> with a name like this .in advanced source tab.
            >>>
            >>> Thanks!

            >>> Yahoo! Groups Links
            >>>

            >> --
            >> Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
            >> Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur
            >> Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

          • talon_2007
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 6 2:35 PM
              I couldn't find this covered elsewhere but I created a level 1 Tiefling using the Pathfinder Society rules.  It should give Tieflings a +2 Skill bonus to Bluff and Stealth and the Spelllike Ability to case Darkness.  I don't see that listed in the final stats.  Also, if I wanted to chose one of the Alternate Racial Traits listed for a Tiefling, I see no way to remove a default trait or add an Alternate.  Am I missing something or is this not included with PC Gen?  BTW, running 6.02.00.

              Thanks!
              Brian

              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 6 2:53 PM
                Hi Brian,

                You say you have 6.2.0. Which means you're several bug/data fixes behind where I am (to put this in perspective, you have about 8+ months since the latest version, with several  fixes).

                To get you up to speed - the current "Stable" version is 6.02.1 (This is the last production release, which is over 6 months ago circa November 2013)
                6.3.0 is the latest "alpha" release in which there are literally over a hundred fixes and improvements since 6.2.1. (We released that last week).

                Can you please grab 6.3.0 and see if the issue is still present. If so, then open a bug jira.pcgen.org, data bug, and I'll investigate.

                Also, removing the default trait is simple - select the replacement trait and add it. The original trait will be removed automatically.

                Cheers,
                Andrew

                On 6/6/2014 2:35 PM, Brian_Moser@... [pcgen] wrote:
                I couldn't find this covered elsewhere but I created a level 1 Tiefling using the Pathfinder Society rules.  It should give Tieflings a +2 Skill bonus to Bluff and Stealth and the Spelllike Ability to case Darkness.  I don't see that listed in the final stats.  Also, if I wanted to chose one of the Alternate Racial Traits listed for a Tiefling, I see no way to remove a default trait or add an Alternate.  Am I missing something or is this not included with PC Gen?  BTW, running 6.02.00.

                Thanks!
                Brian

              • Doug Limmer
                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 6 3:00 PM
                  Short version:
                  1.)  Upgrade to 6.03.
                  2.)  Double-click the alternate racial trait you want, and the appropriate standard trait(s) will be removed.

                  Long version:
                  I tried this out in 6.02, and didn't see your problem... right away.  I'm guessing you chose the "Tiefling" choice under "Tiefling Subrace" (a perfectly reasonable thing to do).  For some reason, in 6.02, this messed a bunch of racial things up.  (If you didn't choose a subrace at all, it worked OK.)  I tried it in 6.03, and choosing the "Tiefling" choice under "Tiefling Subrace" worked just fine.  So, if you upgrade to 6.03, that problem should go away.

                  In either version, if you want to take an alternate racial trait, go to the "racial abilities" subtab in the "Feats & Abilities" tab, and choose "Tiefling Racial Trait".  Over on the left, you should see a bunch of abilities.  Perhaps you want your tiefling to have a prehensile tail.  Find Prehensile Tail in the list, and either double-click on it or select it and click on the "Add Selected" button, and the appropriate ability (Fiendish Sorcery) will be removed, and Prehensile Tail will be added.  There's no need to remove the standard ability first.

                  DS/DL