Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: [pcgen] Re: Some questions and some feedback on batch-convert: no improvement for 6.00.0

Expand Messages
  • James Dempsey
    Hi, On 17/02/2013 9:39 PM rogerwllco wrote ... That one is working for me fine with the current 6.0 code. Here s an extract from the new change log: Processing
    Message 1 of 29 , Feb 17, 2013
    • 0 Attachment
      Hi,

      On 17/02/2013 9:39 PM rogerwllco wrote
      >
      > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, James Dempsey <jdempsey@...> wrote:
      >>> I also want to add that I was wrong on some of the things I mentioned. I assumed that if I got a deprecated warning, I still needed to go into the LST file and make changes myself, like in most cases for the 5.16 converter. But apparently it gives a warning and then changes things to the new syntax anyway in the 6.00 converter.
      >>> My only excuse for not noticing this is that I was working on this rather late, well past midnight as having converted to 5.16, I wanted to give 6.00 a go.
      >> I'll add a note about that to the conversion screen - it is useful to
      >> know that the behaviour is not obvious. generally unless the deprecation
      >> message says it has to be done manually, the converter will deal with
      >> the transition to the new syntax. We may not always have that ready
      >> until the prod release though (e.g. the TEMPBONUS change in the trunk
      >> currently).
      >>
      >>
      > It's very confusing right now.
      >
      > For example these get changed automatically:
      > LSTWARN CHOOSE:SPELLLEVEL with first argument integer is deprecated
      > LSTWARN LANGAUTO has been deprecated, please use AUTO:LANG
      >
      > But this one isn't:
      > LSTWARN CHOOSE:SKILLSNAMED has been deprecated, please use CHOOSE:SKILL|
      >
      > It means that for each of these lines in the log, I still need to go into the LST file and check. I can't discern between the two from the line in the log.

      That one is working for me fine with the current 6.0 code. Here's an
      extract from the new change log:

      Processing
      D:\Projects\pcgen_5.16.x\data\alpha\paizo\pathfinder_rpg\character_traits\pfctwe_abilities.lst
      Line 21 converted 'CHOOSE:NUMCHOICES=1|SKILLSNAMED|Knowledge
      (Nobility)|Knowledge (Religion)' to 'CHOOSE:NUMCHOICES=1|SKILL|Knowledge
      (Nobility)|Knowledge (Religion)'.
      Line 22 converted 'CHOOSE:NUMCHOICES=1|SKILLSNAMED|Knowledge
      (Geography)|Knowledge (Nature)' to 'CHOOSE:NUMCHOICES=1|SKILL|Knowledge
      (Geography)|Knowledge (Nature)'.

      I've now ported all my LST converter changes back to the 6.0 branch. You
      can give them a go if you like using the autobuild, which has just
      finished building. See http://www.pcgen-test.org/autobuilds2/download.html

      Cheers,
      James.
    • rogerwllco
      I ve found a new source of confusion, although just a minor one:
      Message 2 of 29 , Feb 17, 2013
      • 0 Attachment
        I've found a new source of confusion, although just a minor one:

        file:/Users/renting/meuk/DnD35/cmp5164/vendordata/cmp/rules_system_v35e/wizards_of_the_coast/generic/campaign_setting/players_handbook/phb_d20_fantasy_v35e_race_new.lst
        LSTWARN LANGAUTO has been deprecated, please use AUTO:LANG (Source: file:/Users/renting/meuk/DnD35/cmp5164/vendordata/cmp/rules_system_v35e/wizards_of_the_coast/generic/campaign_setting/players_handbook/phb_d20_fantasy_v35e_race_new.lst)
        LSTWARN LANGAUTO has been deprecated, please use AUTO:LANG (Source: file:/Users/renting/meuk/DnD35/cmp5164/vendordata/cmp/rules_system_v35e/wizards_of_the_coast/generic/campaign_setting/players_handbook/phb_d20_fantasy_v35e_race_new.lst)
        LSTWARN LANGAUTO has been deprecated, please use AUTO:LANG (Source: file:/Users/renting/meuk/DnD35/cmp5164/vendordata/cmp/rules_system_v35e/wizards_of_the_coast/generic/campaign_setting/players_handbook/phb_d20_fantasy_v35e_race_new.lst)
        LSTWARN LANGAUTO has been deprecated, please use AUTO:LANG (Source: file:/Users/renting/meuk/DnD35/cmp5164/vendordata/cmp/rules_system_v35e/wizards_of_the_coast/generic/campaign_setting/players_handbook/phb_d20_fantasy_v35e_race_new.lst)
        LSTWARN LANGAUTO has been deprecated, please use AUTO:LANG (Source: file:/Users/renting/meuk/DnD35/cmp5164/vendordata/cmp/rules_system_v35e/wizards_of_the_coast/generic/campaign_setting/players_handbook/phb_d20_fantasy_v35e_race_new.lst)
        LSTWARN LANGAUTO has been deprecated, please use AUTO:LANG (Source: file:/Users/renting/meuk/DnD35/cmp5164/vendordata/cmp/rules_system_v35e/wizards_of_the_coast/generic/campaign_setting/players_handbook/phb_d20_fantasy_v35e_race_new.lst)

        file:/Users/renting/meuk/DnD35/cmp5164/vendordata/cmp/rules_system_v35e/wizards_of_the_coast/generic/campaign_setting/players_handbook/phb_d20_fantasy_v35e_domain.lst
        LSTWARN LANGAUTO has been deprecated, please use AUTO:LANG (Source: file:/Users/renting/meuk/DnD35/cmp5164/vendordata/cmp/rules_system_v35e/wizards_of_the_coast/generic/campaign_setting/players_handbook/phb_d20_fantasy_v35e_race_new.lst)
        LSTWARN CHOOSE:WEAPONPROF is deprecated, please use CHOOSE:WEAPONPROFICIENCY (Source: file:/Users/renting/meuk/DnD35/cmp5164/vendordata/cmp/rules_system_v35e/wizards_of_the_coast/generic/campaign_setting/players_handbook/phb_d20_fantasy_v35e_domain.lst)

        The last LANGAUTO warning is still part of the block phb_d20_fantasy_v35e_race_new.lst, not the phb_d20_fantasy_v35e_domain.lst block but this is how it gets printed into the log.

        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, James Dempsey <jdempsey@...> wrote:
        >
        > Hi,
        >
        > On 17/02/2013 9:39 PM rogerwllco wrote
        > >
        > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, James Dempsey <jdempsey@> wrote:
        > >>> I also want to add that I was wrong on some of the things I mentioned. I assumed that if I got a deprecated warning, I still needed to go into the LST file and make changes myself, like in most cases for the 5.16 converter. But apparently it gives a warning and then changes things to the new syntax anyway in the 6.00 converter.
        > >>> My only excuse for not noticing this is that I was working on this rather late, well past midnight as having converted to 5.16, I wanted to give 6.00 a go.
        > >> I'll add a note about that to the conversion screen - it is useful to
        > >> know that the behaviour is not obvious. generally unless the deprecation
        > >> message says it has to be done manually, the converter will deal with
        > >> the transition to the new syntax. We may not always have that ready
        > >> until the prod release though (e.g. the TEMPBONUS change in the trunk
        > >> currently).
        > >>
        > >>
        > > It's very confusing right now.
        > >
        > > For example these get changed automatically:
        > > LSTWARN CHOOSE:SPELLLEVEL with first argument integer is deprecated
        > > LSTWARN LANGAUTO has been deprecated, please use AUTO:LANG
        > >
        > > But this one isn't:
        > > LSTWARN CHOOSE:SKILLSNAMED has been deprecated, please use CHOOSE:SKILL|
        > >
        > > It means that for each of these lines in the log, I still need to go into the LST file and check. I can't discern between the two from the line in the log.
        >
        > That one is working for me fine with the current 6.0 code.

        The one I encountered was coded incorrectly. As it was for Loremaster, I copied the code from the rsrd dataset for this ability to fix it, I'm not sure what it read before. I've now seen that it does convert in other cases.

        > Here's an
        > extract from the new change log:
        >
        > Processing
        > D:\Projects\pcgen_5.16.x\data\alpha\paizo\pathfinder_rpg\character_traits\pfctwe_abilities.lst
        > Line 21 converted 'CHOOSE:NUMCHOICES=1|SKILLSNAMED|Knowledge
        > (Nobility)|Knowledge (Religion)' to 'CHOOSE:NUMCHOICES=1|SKILL|Knowledge
        > (Nobility)|Knowledge (Religion)'.
        > Line 22 converted 'CHOOSE:NUMCHOICES=1|SKILLSNAMED|Knowledge
        > (Geography)|Knowledge (Nature)' to 'CHOOSE:NUMCHOICES=1|SKILL|Knowledge
        > (Geography)|Knowledge (Nature)'.
        >
        > I've now ported all my LST converter changes back to the 6.0 branch. You
        > can give them a go if you like using the autobuild, which has just
        > finished building. See http://www.pcgen-test.org/autobuilds2/download.html
        >

        I can't find the batch-converter.jar in the zips on that page, I tried "program", "full" and "libraries".

        > Cheers,
        > James.
        >
      • James Dempsey
        Hi Adriaan, Yes that can happen. The logging is asynchronous and while it does the best it can it is possible for a message for a line at the end of one file
        Message 3 of 29 , Feb 17, 2013
        • 0 Attachment
          Hi Adriaan,

          Yes that can happen. The logging is asynchronous and while it does the best it can it is possible for a message for a line at the end of one file to come through after processing of the next file has started.

          Cheers,
          James

          On 17/02/2013, at 11:45 PM, "rogerwllco" <g.a.renting@...> wrote:

          >
          > I've found a new source of confusion, although just a minor one:
          >
          > file:/Users/renting/meuk/DnD35/cmp5164/vendordata/cmp/rules_system_v35e/wizards_of_the_coast/generic/campaign_setting/players_handbook/phb_d20_fantasy_v35e_race_new.lst
          > LSTWARN LANGAUTO has been deprecated, please use AUTO:LANG (Source: file:/Users/renting/meuk/DnD35/cmp5164/vendordata/cmp/rules_system_v35e/wizards_of_the_coast/generic/campaign_setting/players_handbook/phb_d20_fantasy_v35e_race_new.lst)
          > LSTWARN LANGAUTO has been deprecated, please use AUTO:LANG (Source: file:/Users/renting/meuk/DnD35/cmp5164/vendordata/cmp/rules_system_v35e/wizards_of_the_coast/generic/campaign_setting/players_handbook/phb_d20_fantasy_v35e_race_new.lst)
          > LSTWARN LANGAUTO has been deprecated, please use AUTO:LANG (Source: file:/Users/renting/meuk/DnD35/cmp5164/vendordata/cmp/rules_system_v35e/wizards_of_the_coast/generic/campaign_setting/players_handbook/phb_d20_fantasy_v35e_race_new.lst)
          > LSTWARN LANGAUTO has been deprecated, please use AUTO:LANG (Source: file:/Users/renting/meuk/DnD35/cmp5164/vendordata/cmp/rules_system_v35e/wizards_of_the_coast/generic/campaign_setting/players_handbook/phb_d20_fantasy_v35e_race_new.lst)
          > LSTWARN LANGAUTO has been deprecated, please use AUTO:LANG (Source: file:/Users/renting/meuk/DnD35/cmp5164/vendordata/cmp/rules_system_v35e/wizards_of_the_coast/generic/campaign_setting/players_handbook/phb_d20_fantasy_v35e_race_new.lst)
          > LSTWARN LANGAUTO has been deprecated, please use AUTO:LANG (Source: file:/Users/renting/meuk/DnD35/cmp5164/vendordata/cmp/rules_system_v35e/wizards_of_the_coast/generic/campaign_setting/players_handbook/phb_d20_fantasy_v35e_race_new.lst)
          >
          > file:/Users/renting/meuk/DnD35/cmp5164/vendordata/cmp/rules_system_v35e/wizards_of_the_coast/generic/campaign_setting/players_handbook/phb_d20_fantasy_v35e_domain.lst
          > LSTWARN LANGAUTO has been deprecated, please use AUTO:LANG (Source: file:/Users/renting/meuk/DnD35/cmp5164/vendordata/cmp/rules_system_v35e/wizards_of_the_coast/generic/campaign_setting/players_handbook/phb_d20_fantasy_v35e_race_new.lst)
          > LSTWARN CHOOSE:WEAPONPROF is deprecated, please use CHOOSE:WEAPONPROFICIENCY (Source: file:/Users/renting/meuk/DnD35/cmp5164/vendordata/cmp/rules_system_v35e/wizards_of_the_coast/generic/campaign_setting/players_handbook/phb_d20_fantasy_v35e_domain.lst)
          >
          > The last LANGAUTO warning is still part of the block phb_d20_fantasy_v35e_race_new.lst, not the phb_d20_fantasy_v35e_domain.lst block but this is how it gets printed into the log.
          >
          > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, James Dempsey <jdempsey@...> wrote:
          >>
          >> Hi,
          >>
          >> On 17/02/2013 9:39 PM rogerwllco wrote
          >>>
          >>> --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, James Dempsey <jdempsey@> wrote:
          >>>>> I also want to add that I was wrong on some of the things I mentioned. I assumed that if I got a deprecated warning, I still needed to go into the LST file and make changes myself, like in most cases for the 5.16 converter. But apparently it gives a warning and then changes things to the new syntax anyway in the 6.00 converter.
          >>>>> My only excuse for not noticing this is that I was working on this rather late, well past midnight as having converted to 5.16, I wanted to give 6.00 a go.
          >>>> I'll add a note about that to the conversion screen - it is useful to
          >>>> know that the behaviour is not obvious. generally unless the deprecation
          >>>> message says it has to be done manually, the converter will deal with
          >>>> the transition to the new syntax. We may not always have that ready
          >>>> until the prod release though (e.g. the TEMPBONUS change in the trunk
          >>>> currently).
          >>> It's very confusing right now.
          >>>
          >>> For example these get changed automatically:
          >>> LSTWARN CHOOSE:SPELLLEVEL with first argument integer is deprecated
          >>> LSTWARN LANGAUTO has been deprecated, please use AUTO:LANG
          >>>
          >>> But this one isn't:
          >>> LSTWARN CHOOSE:SKILLSNAMED has been deprecated, please use CHOOSE:SKILL|
          >>>
          >>> It means that for each of these lines in the log, I still need to go into the LST file and check. I can't discern between the two from the line in the log.
          >>
          >> That one is working for me fine with the current 6.0 code.
          >
          > The one I encountered was coded incorrectly. As it was for Loremaster, I copied the code from the rsrd dataset for this ability to fix it, I'm not sure what it read before. I've now seen that it does convert in other cases.
          >
          >> Here's an
          >> extract from the new change log:
          >>
          >> Processing
          >> D:\Projects\pcgen_5.16.x\data\alpha\paizo\pathfinder_rpg\character_traits\pfctwe_abilities.lst
          >> Line 21 converted 'CHOOSE:NUMCHOICES=1|SKILLSNAMED|Knowledge
          >> (Nobility)|Knowledge (Religion)' to 'CHOOSE:NUMCHOICES=1|SKILL|Knowledge
          >> (Nobility)|Knowledge (Religion)'.
          >> Line 22 converted 'CHOOSE:NUMCHOICES=1|SKILLSNAMED|Knowledge
          >> (Geography)|Knowledge (Nature)' to 'CHOOSE:NUMCHOICES=1|SKILL|Knowledge
          >> (Geography)|Knowledge (Nature)'.
          >>
          >> I've now ported all my LST converter changes back to the 6.0 branch. You
          >> can give them a go if you like using the autobuild, which has just
          >> finished building. See http://www.pcgen-test.org/autobuilds2/download.html
          >
          > I can't find the batch-converter.jar in the zips on that page, I tried "program", "full" and "libraries".
          >
          >> Cheers,
          >> James.
          >
          >
          >
          >
        • rogerwllco
          ... I would really like to try out the new version, while I m in the middle of the conversion process, but I can t find batch-convert in
          Message 4 of 29 , Feb 17, 2013
          • 0 Attachment
            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, James Dempsey <jdempsey@...> wrote:
            > >>
            > >> I've now ported all my LST converter changes back to the 6.0 branch. You
            > >> can give them a go if you like using the autobuild, which has just
            > >> finished building. See http://www.pcgen-test.org/autobuilds2/download.html
            > >
            > > I can't find the batch-converter.jar in the zips on that page, I tried "program", "full" and "libraries".
            > >
            > >> Cheers,
            > >> James.
            > >
            > >
            > >
            > >
            >
            I would really like to try out the new version, while I'm in the middle of the conversion process, but I can't find batch-convert in pcgen-6.00.01RC1-SNAPSHOT-full, there only seem to be converterplugins, whatever they are.

            2> find ./pcgen-6.00.01RC1-SNAPSHOT-full/ -iname '*convert*'
            ./pcgen-6.00.01RC1-SNAPSHOT-full//plugins/converterplugins
            ./pcgen-6.00.01RC1-SNAPSHOT-full//plugins/converterplugins/ConverterPlugin-ABB.jar
            ./pcgen-6.00.01RC1-SNAPSHOT-full//plugins/converterplugins/ConverterPlugin-BONUS.jar
            ./pcgen-6.00.01RC1-SNAPSHOT-full//plugins/converterplugins/ConverterPlugin-CATEGORY.jar
            ./pcgen-6.00.01RC1-SNAPSHOT-full//plugins/converterplugins/ConverterPlugin-CHOOSE.jar
            ./pcgen-6.00.01RC1-SNAPSHOT-full//plugins/converterplugins/ConverterPlugin-FAVCLASS.jar
            ./pcgen-6.00.01RC1-SNAPSHOT-full//plugins/converterplugins/ConverterPlugin-HASSUBCLASS.jar
            ./pcgen-6.00.01RC1-SNAPSHOT-full//plugins/converterplugins/ConverterPlugin-HASSUBSTITUTIONLEVEL.jar
            ./pcgen-6.00.01RC1-SNAPSHOT-full//plugins/converterplugins/ConverterPlugin-KEY.jar
            ./pcgen-6.00.01RC1-SNAPSHOT-full//plugins/converterplugins/ConverterPlugin-PRECHECK.jar
            ./pcgen-6.00.01RC1-SNAPSHOT-full//plugins/converterplugins/ConverterPlugin-PRECHECKBASE.jar
            ./pcgen-6.00.01RC1-SNAPSHOT-full//plugins/converterplugins/ConverterPlugin-PRECLASS.jar
            ./pcgen-6.00.01RC1-SNAPSHOT-full//plugins/converterplugins/ConverterPlugin-PRECLASSLEVELMAX.jar
            ./pcgen-6.00.01RC1-SNAPSHOT-full//plugins/converterplugins/ConverterPlugin-PREDR.jar
            ./pcgen-6.00.01RC1-SNAPSHOT-full//plugins/converterplugins/ConverterPlugin-PREMOVE.jar
            ./pcgen-6.00.01RC1-SNAPSHOT-full//plugins/converterplugins/ConverterPlugin-PRESKILL.jar
            ./pcgen-6.00.01RC1-SNAPSHOT-full//plugins/converterplugins/ConverterPlugin-PRESKILLMULT.jar
            ./pcgen-6.00.01RC1-SNAPSHOT-full//plugins/converterplugins/ConverterPlugin-PREVISION.jar
            ./pcgen-6.00.01RC1-SNAPSHOT-full//plugins/converterplugins/ConverterPlugin-SOURCEDATE.jar
          • James Dempsey
            Hi Adriaan, On 18/02/2013 8:18 AM rogerwllco wrote ... I ll investigate how to include that, but the actual jar file is just for convenience, all the code
            Message 5 of 29 , Feb 20, 2013
            • 0 Attachment
              Hi Adriaan,

              On 18/02/2013 8:18 AM rogerwllco wrote
              >
              > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, James Dempsey <jdempsey@...> wrote:
              >>>> I've now ported all my LST converter changes back to the 6.0 branch. You
              >>>> can give them a go if you like using the autobuild, which has just
              >>>> finished building. See http://www.pcgen-test.org/autobuilds2/download.html
              >>> I can't find the batch-converter.jar in the zips on that page, I tried "program", "full" and "libraries".

              I'll investigate how to include that, but the actual jar file is just
              for convenience, all the code files are pulled in from pcgen.jar. So,
              you could either run it from the command line as

              java -Xmx512m -classpath pcgen.jar pcgen.gui.converter.PCGenDataConvert

              or you could copy the batch-convert.jar from your 6.0 install into the
              autobuild folder.

              Cheers,
              James.
            • rogerwllco
              Copying the batch-converter.jar and the .command file I made did the trick. Cheers, Adriaan Renting/RogerWilco
              Message 6 of 29 , Mar 6 5:35 AM
              • 0 Attachment
                Copying the batch-converter.jar and the .command file I made did the trick.

                Cheers,

                Adriaan Renting/RogerWilco

                --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, James Dempsey <jdempsey@...> wrote:
                >
                > Hi Adriaan,
                >
                > On 18/02/2013 8:18 AM rogerwllco wrote
                > >
                > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, James Dempsey <jdempsey@> wrote:
                > >>>> I've now ported all my LST converter changes back to the 6.0 branch. You
                > >>>> can give them a go if you like using the autobuild, which has just
                > >>>> finished building. See http://www.pcgen-test.org/autobuilds2/download.html
                > >>> I can't find the batch-converter.jar in the zips on that page, I tried "program", "full" and "libraries".
                >
                > I'll investigate how to include that, but the actual jar file is just
                > for convenience, all the code files are pulled in from pcgen.jar. So,
                > you could either run it from the command line as
                >
                > java -Xmx512m -classpath pcgen.jar pcgen.gui.converter.PCGenDataConvert
                >
                > or you could copy the batch-convert.jar from your 6.0 install into the
                > autobuild folder.
                >
                > Cheers,
                > James.
                >
              • rogerwllco
                Some very nice improvements, thanks. I would still like to see file name and line numbers for the reported warnings and errors. Filenames would especially be
                Message 7 of 29 , Mar 6 10:31 AM
                • 0 Attachment
                  Some very nice improvements, thanks.

                  I would still like to see file name and line numbers for the reported warnings and errors.

                  Filenames would especially be useful for the popups. I've just been hunting the Innate Spell feat in 5 sources to find which one it was complaining about (good thing I have grep).

                  By the way, I pity the old CMP data monkeys. Apparently WotC hadn't learned of the existence of copy-paste yet in 2004, all versions are worded differently and have slightly different mechanics and prerequisites. And it's not CMP's fault, it's in the books themselves, not even corrected in the errata...
                • Rob Allen
                  [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
                  Message 8 of 29 , Mar 6 12:46 PM
                  • 0 Attachment
                    [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
                  • Eric C Smith
                    Hi Rob, It looks like the text from you post didn t make it through. Can you repost? Thanks! Maredudd
                    Message 9 of 29 , Mar 6 12:52 PM
                    • 0 Attachment
                      Hi Rob,

                      It looks like the text from you post didn't make it through. Can you repost?

                      Thanks!

                      Maredudd

                      On Mar 6, 2013, at 3:46 PM, Rob Allen wrote:

                      >
                      >
                      > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
                      >
                      >
                    • James Dempsey
                      Hi Adriaan, On 7/03/2013 5:31 AM rogerwllco wrote ... Excellent, thanks for checking it out and for the good suggestions. ... Unfortunately that is quite a
                      Message 10 of 29 , Mar 6 1:16 PM
                      • 0 Attachment
                        Hi Adriaan,

                        On 7/03/2013 5:31 AM rogerwllco wrote
                        > Some very nice improvements, thanks.
                        Excellent, thanks for checking it out and for the good suggestions.

                        > I would still like to see file name and line numbers for the reported warnings and errors.

                        Unfortunately that is quite a difficult task and one that won't be
                        possible in the short term.

                        > Filenames would especially be useful for the popups. I've just been hunting the Innate Spell feat in 5 sources to find which one it was complaining about (good thing I have grep).

                        I can have a look into that one.

                        > By the way, I pity the old CMP data monkeys. Apparently WotC hadn't learned of the existence of copy-paste yet in 2004, all versions are worded differently and have slightly different mechanics and prerequisites. And it's not CMP's fault, it's in the books themselves, not even corrected in the errata...
                        >

                        Yeah the rules can be quite painful like that.

                        Cheers,
                        James.
                      • Rob Allen
                        ... Sorry. My mail client defaults to HTML text and I guess the listserv doesn t like that. ... Sorry if this is already a JIRA or otherwise known issue. I
                        Message 11 of 29 , Mar 6 3:47 PM
                        • 0 Attachment
                          > Hi Rob,
                          >
                          > It looks like the text from you post didn't make it through. > Can you repost?
                          >
                          > Thanks!
                          >
                          > Maredudd

                          Sorry. My mail client defaults to HTML text and I guess the listserv doesn't like that.

                          Here's the original e-mail:
                          --------------------------
                          Sorry if this is already a JIRA or otherwise known issue. I was noticing it late last night and didn't have the energy to look it up, and now I'm at work and can't. Specifically I was doing a PF cleric (lv3) build that had lots of scrolls. First, the Scroll Case (from the PF Adv. Player's Guide) isn't a container, so though I had one I couldn't put the scrolls in it. No biggie.

                          Then I added all the scrolls to my default equipment set. Oh! (I noticed) Those ones aren't scrolls I wanted! So I unequipped them...except one stayed behind in my inventory. But wait, I had two. Now there are two unequipped and one in my inventory as well! So I tried to unequip the malingerer and it wouldn't go away. I added the two, and now I had Qty 3. I unequipped them, and now I had 3 unequipped on one still in my inventory. So I unequipped all my scrolls and ended up with them all unequipped (plus the couple of extras that had spontaneously reproduced) - with Qty 1 of each scroll type left in my inventory.

                          Seems like there's a count decrement off somewhere.

                          Not a huge deal, but something you might want to look into. :)

                          Rob
                        • Eric C Smith
                          Hi Rob, You say your running 6.00.00, and it looks like your running at least the PFCR and APG. What other sets do you have loaded? Also, what OS are you
                          Message 12 of 29 , Mar 6 3:56 PM
                          • 0 Attachment
                            Hi Rob,

                            You say your running 6.00.00, and it looks like your running at least the PFCR and APG. What other sets do you have loaded?

                            Also, what OS are you running?

                            Maredudd

                            On Mar 6, 2013, at 6:47 PM, Rob Allen wrote:

                            > > Hi Rob,
                            > >
                            > > It looks like the text from you post didn't make it through. > Can you repost?
                            > >
                            > > Thanks!
                            > >
                            > > Maredudd
                            >
                            > Sorry. My mail client defaults to HTML text and I guess the listserv doesn't like that.
                            >
                            > Here's the original e-mail:
                            > --------------------------
                            > Sorry if this is already a JIRA or otherwise known issue. I was noticing it late last night and didn't have the energy to look it up, and now I'm at work and can't. Specifically I was doing a PF cleric (lv3) build that had lots of scrolls. First, the Scroll Case (from the PF Adv. Player's Guide) isn't a container, so though I had one I couldn't put the scrolls in it. No biggie.
                            >
                            > Then I added all the scrolls to my default equipment set. Oh! (I noticed) Those ones aren't scrolls I wanted! So I unequipped them...except one stayed behind in my inventory. But wait, I had two. Now there are two unequipped and one in my inventory as well! So I tried to unequip the malingerer and it wouldn't go away. I added the two, and now I had Qty 3. I unequipped them, and now I had 3 unequipped on one still in my inventory. So I unequipped all my scrolls and ended up with them all unequipped (plus the couple of extras that had spontaneously reproduced) - with Qty 1 of each scroll type left in my inventory.
                            >
                            > Seems like there's a count decrement off somewhere.
                            >
                            > Not a huge deal, but something you might want to look into. :)
                            >
                            > Rob
                            >
                            >
                          • Rob Allen
                            The OS is Win 7 Pro x64. I ll have to look up the exact sources later, but it s at least: PFCR, PFAPG, Rise of the Runelords PG, the PF Bestiary, and maybe
                            Message 13 of 29 , Mar 6 4:06 PM
                            • 0 Attachment
                              The OS is Win 7 Pro x64. I'll have to look up the exact sources later, but it's at least: PFCR, PFAPG, Rise of the Runelords PG, the PF Bestiary, and maybe one more (can't recall).

                              Rob

                              > Hi Rob,
                              >
                              > You say your running 6.00.00, and it looks like your running at least the PFCR and APG. What other sets do you have loaded?
                              >
                              > Also, what OS are you running?
                              >
                              > Maredudd

                              On Mar 6, 2013, at 6:47 PM, Rob Allen wrote:

                              <snip>

                              > Sorry if this is already a JIRA or otherwise known issue. I was noticing it late last night and didn't have the energy to look it up, and now I'm at work and can't. Specifically I was doing a PF cleric (lv3) build that had lots of scrolls. First, the Scroll Case (from the PF Adv. Player's Guide) isn't a container, so though I had one I couldn't put the scrolls in it. No biggie.
                              >
                              > Then I added all the scrolls to my default equipment set. Oh! (I noticed) Those ones aren't scrolls I wanted! So I unequipped them...except one stayed behind in my inventory. But wait, I had two. Now there are two unequipped and one in my inventory as well! So I tried to unequip the malingerer and it wouldn't go away. I added the two, and now I had Qty 3. I unequipped them, and now I had 3 unequipped on one still in my inventory. So I unequipped all my scrolls and ended up with them all unequipped (plus the couple of extras that had spontaneously reproduced) - with Qty 1 of each scroll type left in my inventory.
                              >
                              > Seems like there's a count decrement off somewhere.
                              >
                              > Not a huge deal, but something you might want to look into. :)
                              >
                              > Rob
                            • rogerwllco
                              One thing that I find odd, is that I have one source that has two feats with CHOOSE:FEAT=Weapon Specialization but I only get a popup for the first one, with
                              Message 14 of 29 , Mar 7 9:36 PM
                              • 0 Attachment
                                One thing that I find odd, is that I have one source that has two feats with CHOOSE:FEAT=Weapon Specialization but I only get a popup for the first one, with text starting with:
                                "Need help with underlying type for CHOOSE:FEAT=Weapon Specialization

                                I don't get a popup for the second feat with exactly the same syntax.
                                (Both the old 6.0 converter and the new one you from 6.00.01RC1)

                                If I look at the output, it seems to have changed both occurrences. Is this on purpose? In that case my congratulations with making the converter smart enough not to ask the same question twice.

                                Cheers,

                                Adriaan Renting/RogerWilco



                                --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, James Dempsey <jdempsey@...> wrote:
                                >
                                > Hi Adriaan,
                                >
                                > On 18/02/2013 8:18 AM rogerwllco wrote
                                > >
                                > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, James Dempsey <jdempsey@> wrote:
                                > >>>> I've now ported all my LST converter changes back to the 6.0 branch. You
                                > >>>> can give them a go if you like using the autobuild, which has just
                                > >>>> finished building. See http://www.pcgen-test.org/autobuilds2/download.html
                                > >>> I can't find the batch-converter.jar in the zips on that page, I tried "program", "full" and "libraries".
                                >
                                > I'll investigate how to include that, but the actual jar file is just
                                > for convenience, all the code files are pulled in from pcgen.jar. So,
                                > you could either run it from the command line as
                                >
                                > java -Xmx512m -classpath pcgen.jar pcgen.gui.converter.PCGenDataConvert
                                >
                                > or you could copy the batch-convert.jar from your 6.0 install into the
                                > autobuild folder.
                                >
                                > Cheers,
                                > James.
                                >
                              • rogerwllco
                                Also, you didn t really answer my question if you wanted my complete log output. You did state you were interested in the exceptions I encountered. These two
                                Message 15 of 29 , Mar 7 9:47 PM
                                • 0 Attachment
                                  Also, you didn't really answer my question if you wanted my complete log output. You did state you were interested in the exceptions I encountered. These two pop up in the latest version of the converter:

                                  SEVERE Bad roll string in '1d12+STR': java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "STR"
                                  java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "STR"
                                  at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(NumberFormatException.java:48)
                                  at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:449)
                                  at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:499)
                                  at pcgen.core.RollInfo.parseRollInfo(RollInfo.java:225)
                                  at pcgen.core.RollInfo.validateRollString(RollInfo.java:88)
                                  at plugin.lsttokens.equipment.DamageToken.parseNonEmptyToken(DamageToken.java:49)
                                  at plugin.lsttokens.equipment.DamageToken.parseNonEmptyToken(DamageToken.java:34)
                                  at pcgen.rules.persistence.token.AbstractNonEmptyToken.parseToken(AbstractNonEmptyToken.java:36)
                                  at pcgen.rules.persistence.TokenSupport.processToken(TokenSupport.java:62)
                                  at pcgen.rules.context.LoadContext.processToken(LoadContext.java:257)
                                  at pcgen.gui.converter.DefaultTokenProcessor.process(DefaultTokenProcessor.java:38)
                                  at pcgen.gui.converter.TokenConverter.process(TokenConverter.java:108)
                                  at pcgen.gui.converter.loader.EquipmentLoader.processToken(EquipmentLoader.java:126)
                                  at pcgen.gui.converter.loader.EquipmentLoader.process(EquipmentLoader.java:82)
                                  at pcgen.gui.converter.LSTConverter.load(LSTConverter.java:325)
                                  at pcgen.gui.converter.LSTConverter.startItem(LSTConverter.java:195)
                                  at pcgen.gui.converter.LSTConverter.processCampaign(LSTConverter.java:131)
                                  at pcgen.gui.converter.panel.RunConvertPanel$1.run(RunConvertPanel.java:198)
                                  at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)


                                  SEVERE Bad roll string in 'Spell': java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "Spell"
                                  java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "Spell"
                                  at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(NumberFormatException.java:48)
                                  at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:449)
                                  at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:499)
                                  at pcgen.core.RollInfo.parseRollInfo(RollInfo.java:112)
                                  at pcgen.core.RollInfo.validateRollString(RollInfo.java:88)
                                  at plugin.lsttokens.equipment.DamageToken.parseNonEmptyToken(DamageToken.java:49)
                                  at plugin.lsttokens.equipment.DamageToken.parseNonEmptyToken(DamageToken.java:34)
                                  at pcgen.rules.persistence.token.AbstractNonEmptyToken.parseToken(AbstractNonEmptyToken.java:36)
                                  at pcgen.rules.persistence.TokenSupport.processToken(TokenSupport.java:62)
                                  at pcgen.rules.context.LoadContext.processToken(LoadContext.java:257)
                                  at pcgen.gui.converter.DefaultTokenProcessor.process(DefaultTokenProcessor.java:38)
                                  at pcgen.gui.converter.TokenConverter.process(TokenConverter.java:108)
                                  at pcgen.gui.converter.loader.EquipmentLoader.processToken(EquipmentLoader.java:126)
                                  at pcgen.gui.converter.loader.EquipmentLoader.process(EquipmentLoader.java:82)
                                  at pcgen.gui.converter.LSTConverter.load(LSTConverter.java:325)
                                  at pcgen.gui.converter.LSTConverter.startItem(LSTConverter.java:195)
                                  at pcgen.gui.converter.LSTConverter.processCampaign(LSTConverter.java:131)
                                  at pcgen.gui.converter.panel.RunConvertPanel$1.run(RunConvertPanel.java:198)
                                  at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)





                                  --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, James Dempsey <jdempsey@...> wrote:
                                  >
                                  > Hi Adriaan,
                                  >
                                  > On 18/02/2013 8:18 AM rogerwllco wrote
                                  > >
                                  > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, James Dempsey <jdempsey@> wrote:
                                  > >>>> I've now ported all my LST converter changes back to the 6.0 branch. You
                                  > >>>> can give them a go if you like using the autobuild, which has just
                                  > >>>> finished building. See http://www.pcgen-test.org/autobuilds2/download.html
                                  > >>> I can't find the batch-converter.jar in the zips on that page, I tried "program", "full" and "libraries".
                                  >
                                  > I'll investigate how to include that, but the actual jar file is just
                                  > for convenience, all the code files are pulled in from pcgen.jar. So,
                                  > you could either run it from the command line as
                                  >
                                  > java -Xmx512m -classpath pcgen.jar pcgen.gui.converter.PCGenDataConvert
                                  >
                                  > or you could copy the batch-convert.jar from your 6.0 install into the
                                  > autobuild folder.
                                  >
                                  > Cheers,
                                  > James.
                                  >
                                • rogerwllco
                                  Sorry, there is a bit more info in the log related to these that wasn t part of the exception itself:
                                  Message 16 of 29 , Mar 7 10:08 PM
                                  • 0 Attachment
                                    Sorry, there is a bit more info in the log related to these that wasn't part of the exception itself:

                                    file:/Users/renting/meuk/DnD35/cmp5164/vendordata/cmp/rules_system_v35e/wizards_of_the_coast/generic/supplement/psionics_handbook/psihbk_d20_fantasy_v35e_equipmod.lst
                                    LSTERROR DAMAGE is invalid: Bad roll string in '1d12+STR': java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "STR" (Source: file:/Users/renting/meuk/DnD35/cmp5164/vendordata/cmp/rules_system_v35e/wizards_of_the_coast/generic/supplement/psionics_handbook/psihbk_d20_fantasy_v35e_equip_weap_melee.lst)
                                    LSTERROR Illegal Token 'DAMAGE' '1d12+STR' for pcgen.core.Equipment 5Test23 DAMAGE:1d12+STR in file:/Users/renting/meuk/DnD35/cmp5164/vendordata/cmp/rules_system_v35e/wizards_of_the_coast/generic/supplement/psionics_handbook/psihbk_d20_fantasy_v35e_equip_weap_melee.lst
                                    SEVERE Unable to unparse: DAMAGE:1d12+STR

                                    I think the DAMAGE for this item should just read 1d12. The +STR should be applied by PCGen itself because it counts like a onehanded melee weapon.

                                    file:/Users/renting/meuk/DnD35/cmp5164/vendordata/cmp/rules_system_v35e/wizards_of_the_coast/forgotten_realms/supplement/lords_of_darkness/lrddrk_d20_fantasy_v35e_equipmod.lst
                                    LSTERROR DAMAGE is invalid: Bad roll string in 'Spell': java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "Spell" (Source: file:/Users/renting/meuk/DnD35/cmp5164/vendordata/cmp/rules_system_v35e/wizards_of_the_coast/forgotten_realms/supplement/lords_of_darkness/lrddrk_d20_fantasy_v35e_equip_weap_ranged.lst)
                                    LSTERROR Illegal Token 'DAMAGE' 'Spell' for pcgen.core.Equipment 4Test14 DAMAGE:Spell in file:/Users/renting/meuk/DnD35/cmp5164/vendordata/cmp/rules_system_v35e/wizards_of_the_coast/forgotten_realms/supplement/lords_of_darkness/lrddrk_d20_fantasy_v35e_equip_weap_ranged.lst

                                    This one is more interesting, as it's a thrown rock with a spell stored in it, which gets released on a successful ranged touch attack. I've completely removed the DAMAGE tag for now, as I don't think this is valid syntax.

                                    Cheers,

                                    Adriaan Renting/RogerWilco

                                    --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "rogerwllco" <g.a.renting@...> wrote:
                                    >
                                    >
                                    > Also, you didn't really answer my question if you wanted my complete log output. You did state you were interested in the exceptions I encountered. These two pop up in the latest version of the converter:
                                    >
                                    > SEVERE Bad roll string in '1d12+STR': java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "STR"
                                    > java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "STR"
                                    > at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(NumberFormatException.java:48)
                                    > at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:449)
                                    > at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:499)
                                    > at pcgen.core.RollInfo.parseRollInfo(RollInfo.java:225)
                                    > at pcgen.core.RollInfo.validateRollString(RollInfo.java:88)
                                    > at plugin.lsttokens.equipment.DamageToken.parseNonEmptyToken(DamageToken.java:49)
                                    > at plugin.lsttokens.equipment.DamageToken.parseNonEmptyToken(DamageToken.java:34)
                                    > at pcgen.rules.persistence.token.AbstractNonEmptyToken.parseToken(AbstractNonEmptyToken.java:36)
                                    > at pcgen.rules.persistence.TokenSupport.processToken(TokenSupport.java:62)
                                    > at pcgen.rules.context.LoadContext.processToken(LoadContext.java:257)
                                    > at pcgen.gui.converter.DefaultTokenProcessor.process(DefaultTokenProcessor.java:38)
                                    > at pcgen.gui.converter.TokenConverter.process(TokenConverter.java:108)
                                    > at pcgen.gui.converter.loader.EquipmentLoader.processToken(EquipmentLoader.java:126)
                                    > at pcgen.gui.converter.loader.EquipmentLoader.process(EquipmentLoader.java:82)
                                    > at pcgen.gui.converter.LSTConverter.load(LSTConverter.java:325)
                                    > at pcgen.gui.converter.LSTConverter.startItem(LSTConverter.java:195)
                                    > at pcgen.gui.converter.LSTConverter.processCampaign(LSTConverter.java:131)
                                    > at pcgen.gui.converter.panel.RunConvertPanel$1.run(RunConvertPanel.java:198)
                                    > at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)
                                    >
                                    >
                                    > SEVERE Bad roll string in 'Spell': java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "Spell"
                                    > java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "Spell"
                                    > at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(NumberFormatException.java:48)
                                    > at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:449)
                                    > at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:499)
                                    > at pcgen.core.RollInfo.parseRollInfo(RollInfo.java:112)
                                    > at pcgen.core.RollInfo.validateRollString(RollInfo.java:88)
                                    > at plugin.lsttokens.equipment.DamageToken.parseNonEmptyToken(DamageToken.java:49)
                                    > at plugin.lsttokens.equipment.DamageToken.parseNonEmptyToken(DamageToken.java:34)
                                    > at pcgen.rules.persistence.token.AbstractNonEmptyToken.parseToken(AbstractNonEmptyToken.java:36)
                                    > at pcgen.rules.persistence.TokenSupport.processToken(TokenSupport.java:62)
                                    > at pcgen.rules.context.LoadContext.processToken(LoadContext.java:257)
                                    > at pcgen.gui.converter.DefaultTokenProcessor.process(DefaultTokenProcessor.java:38)
                                    > at pcgen.gui.converter.TokenConverter.process(TokenConverter.java:108)
                                    > at pcgen.gui.converter.loader.EquipmentLoader.processToken(EquipmentLoader.java:126)
                                    > at pcgen.gui.converter.loader.EquipmentLoader.process(EquipmentLoader.java:82)
                                    > at pcgen.gui.converter.LSTConverter.load(LSTConverter.java:325)
                                    > at pcgen.gui.converter.LSTConverter.startItem(LSTConverter.java:195)
                                    > at pcgen.gui.converter.LSTConverter.processCampaign(LSTConverter.java:131)
                                    > at pcgen.gui.converter.panel.RunConvertPanel$1.run(RunConvertPanel.java:198)
                                    > at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)
                                    >
                                    >
                                    >
                                    >
                                    >
                                    > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, James Dempsey <jdempsey@> wrote:
                                    > >
                                    > > Hi Adriaan,
                                    > >
                                    > > On 18/02/2013 8:18 AM rogerwllco wrote
                                    > > >
                                    > > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, James Dempsey <jdempsey@> wrote:
                                    > > >>>> I've now ported all my LST converter changes back to the 6.0 branch. You
                                    > > >>>> can give them a go if you like using the autobuild, which has just
                                    > > >>>> finished building. See http://www.pcgen-test.org/autobuilds2/download.html
                                    > > >>> I can't find the batch-converter.jar in the zips on that page, I tried "program", "full" and "libraries".
                                    > >
                                    > > I'll investigate how to include that, but the actual jar file is just
                                    > > for convenience, all the code files are pulled in from pcgen.jar. So,
                                    > > you could either run it from the command line as
                                    > >
                                    > > java -Xmx512m -classpath pcgen.jar pcgen.gui.converter.PCGenDataConvert
                                    > >
                                    > > or you could copy the batch-convert.jar from your 6.0 install into the
                                    > > autobuild folder.
                                    > >
                                    > > Cheers,
                                    > > James.
                                    > >
                                    >
                                  • rogerwllco
                                    I have now finished the conversion of my datasets to 6.00.0. At least the converter doesn t give any errors any more. I will still need to test the results to
                                    Message 17 of 29 , Mar 8 7:49 AM
                                    • 0 Attachment
                                      I have now finished the conversion of my datasets to 6.00.0. At least the converter doesn't give any errors any more.

                                      I will still need to test the results to see if things indeed work, but the improvements in the converter have helped me a lot. It has easily saved me a few hours of clicking through things.

                                      also the tips on how to run the converter with more memory were essential.

                                      Limitations like the refusal to overwrite an earlier conversion attempt have gone from being a some painful minutes to select everything again to just a small annoyance of a few seconds of clicking Next.

                                      It made a big difference.

                                      Thank you.

                                      Adriaan Renting/RogerWilco

                                      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, James Dempsey <jdempsey@...> wrote:
                                      >
                                      > Hi Adriaan,
                                      >
                                      > On 7/03/2013 5:31 AM rogerwllco wrote
                                      > > Some very nice improvements, thanks.
                                      > Excellent, thanks for checking it out and for the good suggestions.
                                      >
                                      > > I would still like to see file name and line numbers for the reported warnings and errors.
                                      >
                                      > Unfortunately that is quite a difficult task and one that won't be
                                      > possible in the short term.
                                      >
                                      > > Filenames would especially be useful for the popups. I've just been hunting the Innate Spell feat in 5 sources to find which one it was complaining about (good thing I have grep).
                                      >
                                      > I can have a look into that one.
                                      >
                                      > > By the way, I pity the old CMP data monkeys. Apparently WotC hadn't learned of the existence of copy-paste yet in 2004, all versions are worded differently and have slightly different mechanics and prerequisites. And it's not CMP's fault, it's in the books themselves, not even corrected in the errata...
                                      > >
                                      >
                                      > Yeah the rules can be quite painful like that.
                                      >
                                      > Cheers,
                                      > James.
                                      >
                                    Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.