Re: [pcgen] Re: Deleting custom items?

    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 16, 2013

      Oh dear, that is a major oversight. I'll add my weight to the cries to have this implemented. In
      fact, I believe in it so strongly, I made a JIRA for it.

      * CODE-2081 <http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/CODE-2081>

      Re-Implement Item Customizer DELETE function

      On 2/16/2013 1:59 PM, rogerwllco wrote:
      > I haven't updated to 6.00 yet (See other threads), but that sounds like a big omission. I use that very often in 5.14 as I constantly create and delete custom items. Having shapechanging characters that can Wield Anything or Throw Really Anything does that to you.
      >
      > If I would have to stop PCGen, edit an LST file and then restart and reload everything would be a major pain the way I use PCGen during DnD sessions.
      >
      > Cheers,
      >
      > Adriaan Renting/RogerWilco
      >
      > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Stefan Radermacher <stefan@...> wrote:
      >> I'd advocate to bring back a Delete entry in the context menu even
      >> without having a LST editor. Items created with the items customizer
      >> don't really have anything to do with a LST editor.
      >>
      >> Stefan.
      >>
      >> On 16.02.2013 11:59, Martijn Verburg wrote:
      >>> I'm afraid until we get the LST editor back in that yes a manual deletion
      >>> is required.
      >>>
      >>> Cheers,
      >>> Martijn

      >>> Yahoo! Groups Links

    • FerretDave
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 17, 2013
        check your properties for 'locaction' -> 'PCGen Custom Directory', you should have a customEquipment.lst file in that directory, if you've got the 'sources' -> save custom equipment to customEqupment.lst' preference checked (default?)

        Otherwise, the custom equipment exists only in the actual .pcg file.

        Cheers

        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Martijn Vos <mcvmcv@...> wrote:

        > Do you know where the file is that I should delete it from? I can't find a recently modified file that looks like it has custom items.
        >

        > mcv.
        >
        > On Feb 16, 2013, at 11:59 AM, Martijn Verburg wrote:
        >
        > > I'm afraid until we get the LST editor back in that yes a manual deletion
        > > is required.
        > >
        > > Cheers,
        > > Martijn
        > >
        > > On 16 February 2013 10:52, Martijn Vos mcvmcv@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > > **
        > > >

        > > > I've created a couple of custom items, and just realized I did something
        > > > wrong. I can't create a new version because the old one is still there, but
        > > > I can't delete the old version.
        > > >
        > > > I created them through PCGen, not by manually editing any files. I fear
        > > > that manually editing files might be the only way to delete them again.
        > > >
        > > > mcv.

      • Martijn Vos
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 17, 2013
          Thanks. The advantage of editing it manually turns out that I don't have to delete it at all; I can directly change the base item it's customized from.

          mcv.