Re: Deleting custom items?

  • rogerwllco
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 16, 2013
      I haven't updated to 6.00 yet (See other threads), but that sounds like a big omission. I use that very often in 5.14 as I constantly create and delete custom items. Having shapechanging characters that can Wield Anything or Throw Really Anything does that to you.

      If I would have to stop PCGen, edit an LST file and then restart and reload everything would be a major pain the way I use PCGen during DnD sessions.

      Cheers,

      Adriaan Renting/RogerWilco

      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 16, 2013

        Oh dear, that is a major oversight. I'll add my weight to the cries to have this implemented. In
        fact, I believe in it so strongly, I made a JIRA for it.

        * CODE-2081 <http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/CODE-2081>

        Re-Implement Item Customizer DELETE function

        On 2/16/2013 1:59 PM, rogerwllco wrote:
        > I haven't updated to 6.00 yet (See other threads), but that sounds like a big omission. I use that very often in 5.14 as I constantly create and delete custom items. Having shapechanging characters that can Wield Anything or Throw Really Anything does that to you.
        >
        > If I would have to stop PCGen, edit an LST file and then restart and reload everything would be a major pain the way I use PCGen during DnD sessions.
        >
        > Cheers,
        >
        > Adriaan Renting/RogerWilco
        >
        > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Stefan Radermacher <stefan@...> wrote:
        >> I'd advocate to bring back a Delete entry in the context menu even
        >> without having a LST editor. Items created with the items customizer
        >> don't really have anything to do with a LST editor.
        >>
        >> Stefan.
        >>
        >> On 16.02.2013 11:59, Martijn Verburg wrote:
        >>> I'm afraid until we get the LST editor back in that yes a manual deletion
        >>> is required.
        >>>
        >>> Cheers,
        >>> Martijn

        >>> Yahoo! Groups Links

      • FerretDave
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 17, 2013
          check your properties for 'locaction' -> 'PCGen Custom Directory', you should have a customEquipment.lst file in that directory, if you've got the 'sources' -> save custom equipment to customEqupment.lst' preference checked (default?)

          Otherwise, the custom equipment exists only in the actual .pcg file.

          Cheers

          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Martijn Vos <mcvmcv@...> wrote:

          > Do you know where the file is that I should delete it from? I can't find a recently modified file that looks like it has custom items.
          >

          > mcv.
          >
          > On Feb 16, 2013, at 11:59 AM, Martijn Verburg wrote:
          >
          > > I'm afraid until we get the LST editor back in that yes a manual deletion
          > > is required.
          > >
          > > Cheers,
          > > Martijn
          > >
          > > On 16 February 2013 10:52, Martijn Vos mcvmcv@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > > **
          > > >

          > > > I've created a couple of custom items, and just realized I did something
          > > > wrong. I can't create a new version because the old one is still there, but
          > > > I can't delete the old version.
          > > >
          > > > I created them through PCGen, not by manually editing any files. I fear
          > > > that manually editing files might be the only way to delete them again.
          > > >
          > > > mcv.

        • Martijn Vos
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 17, 2013
            Thanks. The advantage of editing it manually turns out that I don't have to delete it at all; I can directly change the base item it's customized from.

            mcv.