Re: [pcgen] Deleting custom items?

  • Stefan Radermacher
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 16 5:46 AM
      I'd advocate to bring back a Delete entry in the context menu even
      without having a LST editor. Items created with the items customizer
      don't really have anything to do with a LST editor.

      Stefan.

      On 16.02.2013 11:59, Martijn Verburg wrote:
      > I'm afraid until we get the LST editor back in that yes a manual deletion
      > is required.
      >
      > Cheers,
      > Martijn
      >

      > On 16 February 2013 10:52, Martijn Vos <mcvmcv@...> wrote:
      >
      >> **
      >>

      >> I've created a couple of custom items, and just realized I did something
      >> wrong. I can't create a new version because the old one is still there, but
      >> I can't delete the old version.
      >>
      >> I created them through PCGen, not by manually editing any files. I fear
      >> that manually editing files might be the only way to delete them again.
      >>
      >> mcv.

    • rogerwllco
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 16 1:59 PM
        I haven't updated to 6.00 yet (See other threads), but that sounds like a big omission. I use that very often in 5.14 as I constantly create and delete custom items. Having shapechanging characters that can Wield Anything or Throw Really Anything does that to you.

        If I would have to stop PCGen, edit an LST file and then restart and reload everything would be a major pain the way I use PCGen during DnD sessions.

        Cheers,

        Adriaan Renting/RogerWilco

        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 16 2:20 PM

          Oh dear, that is a major oversight. I'll add my weight to the cries to have this implemented. In
          fact, I believe in it so strongly, I made a JIRA for it.

          * CODE-2081 <http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/CODE-2081>

          Re-Implement Item Customizer DELETE function

          On 2/16/2013 1:59 PM, rogerwllco wrote:
          > I haven't updated to 6.00 yet (See other threads), but that sounds like a big omission. I use that very often in 5.14 as I constantly create and delete custom items. Having shapechanging characters that can Wield Anything or Throw Really Anything does that to you.
          >
          > If I would have to stop PCGen, edit an LST file and then restart and reload everything would be a major pain the way I use PCGen during DnD sessions.
          >
          > Cheers,
          >
          > Adriaan Renting/RogerWilco
          >
          > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Stefan Radermacher <stefan@...> wrote:
          >> I'd advocate to bring back a Delete entry in the context menu even
          >> without having a LST editor. Items created with the items customizer
          >> don't really have anything to do with a LST editor.
          >>
          >> Stefan.
          >>
          >> On 16.02.2013 11:59, Martijn Verburg wrote:
          >>> I'm afraid until we get the LST editor back in that yes a manual deletion
          >>> is required.
          >>>
          >>> Cheers,
          >>> Martijn

          >>> Yahoo! Groups Links

        • FerretDave
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 17 6:17 AM
            check your properties for 'locaction' -> 'PCGen Custom Directory', you should have a customEquipment.lst file in that directory, if you've got the 'sources' -> save custom equipment to customEqupment.lst' preference checked (default?)

            Otherwise, the custom equipment exists only in the actual .pcg file.

            Cheers

            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Martijn Vos <mcvmcv@...> wrote:

            > Do you know where the file is that I should delete it from? I can't find a recently modified file that looks like it has custom items.
            >

            > mcv.
            >
            > On Feb 16, 2013, at 11:59 AM, Martijn Verburg wrote:
            >
            > > I'm afraid until we get the LST editor back in that yes a manual deletion
            > > is required.
            > >
            > > Cheers,
            > > Martijn
            > >
            > > On 16 February 2013 10:52, Martijn Vos mcvmcv@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > > **
            > > >

            > > > I've created a couple of custom items, and just realized I did something
            > > > wrong. I can't create a new version because the old one is still there, but
            > > > I can't delete the old version.
            > > >
            > > > I created them through PCGen, not by manually editing any files. I fear
            > > > that manually editing files might be the only way to delete them again.
            > > >
            > > > mcv.

          • Martijn Vos
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 17 12:50 PM
              Thanks. The advantage of editing it manually turns out that I don't have to delete it at all; I can directly change the base item it's customized from.

              mcv.