Deleting custom items?

  • Martijn Vos
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 16, 2013
      I've created a couple of custom items, and just realized I did something wrong. I can't create a new version because the old one is still there, but I can't delete the old version.

      I created them through PCGen, not by manually editing any files. I fear that manually editing files might be the only way to delete them again.

      mcv.
    • Martijn Verburg
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 16, 2013
        I'm afraid until we get the LST editor back in that yes a manual deletion
        is required.

        Cheers,
        Martijn

        On 16 February 2013 10:52, Martijn Vos <mcvmcv@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > I've created a couple of custom items, and just realized I did something
        > wrong. I can't create a new version because the old one is still there, but
        > I can't delete the old version.
        >
        > I created them through PCGen, not by manually editing any files. I fear
        > that manually editing files might be the only way to delete them again.
        >
        > mcv.

      • Martijn Vos
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 16, 2013
          Do you know where the file is that I should delete it from? I can't find a recently modified file that looks like it has custom items.

          mcv.

          On Feb 16, 2013, at 11:59 AM, Martijn Verburg wrote:

          > I'm afraid until we get the LST editor back in that yes a manual deletion
          > is required.
          >
          > Cheers,
          > Martijn
          >
          > On 16 February 2013 10:52, Martijn Vos mcvmcv@...> wrote:
          >
          > > **
          > >

          > > I've created a couple of custom items, and just realized I did something
          > > wrong. I can't create a new version because the old one is still there, but
          > > I can't delete the old version.
          > >
          > > I created them through PCGen, not by manually editing any files. I fear
          > > that manually editing files might be the only way to delete them again.
          > >
          > > mcv.

        • Stefan Radermacher
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 16, 2013
            I'd advocate to bring back a Delete entry in the context menu even
            without having a LST editor. Items created with the items customizer
            don't really have anything to do with a LST editor.

            Stefan.

            On 16.02.2013 11:59, Martijn Verburg wrote:
            > I'm afraid until we get the LST editor back in that yes a manual deletion
            > is required.
            >
            > Cheers,
            > Martijn
            >

            > On 16 February 2013 10:52, Martijn Vos <mcvmcv@...> wrote:
            >
            >> **
            >>

            >> I've created a couple of custom items, and just realized I did something
            >> wrong. I can't create a new version because the old one is still there, but
            >> I can't delete the old version.
            >>
            >> I created them through PCGen, not by manually editing any files. I fear
            >> that manually editing files might be the only way to delete them again.
            >>
            >> mcv.

          • rogerwllco
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 16, 2013
              I haven't updated to 6.00 yet (See other threads), but that sounds like a big omission. I use that very often in 5.14 as I constantly create and delete custom items. Having shapechanging characters that can Wield Anything or Throw Really Anything does that to you.

              If I would have to stop PCGen, edit an LST file and then restart and reload everything would be a major pain the way I use PCGen during DnD sessions.

              Cheers,

              Adriaan Renting/RogerWilco

              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 16, 2013

                Oh dear, that is a major oversight. I'll add my weight to the cries to have this implemented. In
                fact, I believe in it so strongly, I made a JIRA for it.

                * CODE-2081 <http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/CODE-2081>

                Re-Implement Item Customizer DELETE function

                On 2/16/2013 1:59 PM, rogerwllco wrote:
                > I haven't updated to 6.00 yet (See other threads), but that sounds like a big omission. I use that very often in 5.14 as I constantly create and delete custom items. Having shapechanging characters that can Wield Anything or Throw Really Anything does that to you.
                >
                > If I would have to stop PCGen, edit an LST file and then restart and reload everything would be a major pain the way I use PCGen during DnD sessions.
                >
                > Cheers,
                >
                > Adriaan Renting/RogerWilco
                >
                > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Stefan Radermacher <stefan@...> wrote:
                >> I'd advocate to bring back a Delete entry in the context menu even
                >> without having a LST editor. Items created with the items customizer
                >> don't really have anything to do with a LST editor.
                >>
                >> Stefan.
                >>
                >> On 16.02.2013 11:59, Martijn Verburg wrote:
                >>> I'm afraid until we get the LST editor back in that yes a manual deletion
                >>> is required.
                >>>
                >>> Cheers,
                >>> Martijn

                >>> Yahoo! Groups Links

              • FerretDave
                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 17, 2013
                  check your properties for 'locaction' -> 'PCGen Custom Directory', you should have a customEquipment.lst file in that directory, if you've got the 'sources' -> save custom equipment to customEqupment.lst' preference checked (default?)

                  Otherwise, the custom equipment exists only in the actual .pcg file.

                  Cheers

                  --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Martijn Vos <mcvmcv@...> wrote:

                  > Do you know where the file is that I should delete it from? I can't find a recently modified file that looks like it has custom items.
                  >

                  > mcv.
                  >
                  > On Feb 16, 2013, at 11:59 AM, Martijn Verburg wrote:
                  >
                  > > I'm afraid until we get the LST editor back in that yes a manual deletion
                  > > is required.
                  > >
                  > > Cheers,
                  > > Martijn
                  > >
                  > > On 16 February 2013 10:52, Martijn Vos mcvmcv@...> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > > **
                  > > >

                  > > > I've created a couple of custom items, and just realized I did something
                  > > > wrong. I can't create a new version because the old one is still there, but
                  > > > I can't delete the old version.
                  > > >
                  > > > I created them through PCGen, not by manually editing any files. I fear
                  > > > that manually editing files might be the only way to delete them again.
                  > > >
                  > > > mcv.

                • Martijn Vos
                  Message 8 of 8 , Feb 17, 2013
                    Thanks. The advantage of editing it manually turns out that I don't have to delete it at all; I can directly change the base item it's customized from.

                    mcv.