Re: [pcgen] [PF] Druid Domain Broken - No restriction to what domains can be selected

    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 7, 2013
      Well, broke or not, you're proposing two options as best I can tell:
      1) re-write every single deity
      2) Code a new Domain System

      That's the problem of piggybacking on the cleric domain system.

      Gotta run. Be back later.

      On 2/7/2013 8:16 PM, Eric C Smith wrote:
      > Hi Folks!
      >
      > I humbly state Andrew that if it is working as intended then who ever coded it that way should rethink what they intended.
      >
      > Per the PFCR, the Druid selecting the Druid Domain has exactly 7 domains to choose from, and they are NOT, in PCGen 6.01.01, available unless "None" is taken for a deity and then ALL domains, except for the alignment restricted ones, are also available.
      >
      > Further, when any other deity is selected, only that deities domains are available, and that breaks the rules per PFCR.
      >
      > In plain language Drew, its broke.
      >
      > Maredudd
      >
      > On Feb 7, 2013, at 11:05 PM, Andrew wrote:
      >
      >> Hi,
      >>
      >> That's not a bug, that's working as intended. Unless you wish to restrict NONE as a Deity available
      >> to Druids. Or wish to manually enter each and every domain allowed excluding the Domains granted to
      >> the druids.
      >>
      >> Cheers,
      >>
      >> On 2/7/2013 8:02 PM, Eric C Smith wrote:
      >>> Hi Folks!
      >>>
      >>> PCGen 6.01.01 w/PFCR loaded
      >>>
      >>> Create a Halfling Druid w/15 in all stats.
      >>> Select Nature Bond - Druid Domain
      >>>
      >>> Without selecting a deity the appropriate domains, per PFCR, are visible but all are red and cannot be selected.
      >>>
      >>> Select "None" for deity and all domain except for those restricted by alignment are now visible, selectable, and grant the domain abilities to the druid.
      >>>
      >>> Selecting any other deity makes that deities domains available.
      >>>
      >>> Maredudd

      >>> Yahoo! Groups Links
      >>>

      >> --
      >> Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
      >> Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur
      >> Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

    • Eric C Smith
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 7, 2013
        Hi Folks!

        Nope, not what I'm proposing Drew.

        I think it needs to be put back the way it was and fix the real problem.

        Maredudd

        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 7, 2013

          I'm not following. Explain what you mean by "put it back the way it was and fix the real problem"

          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 7, 2013
            Hi Folks!

            We should take this discussion to Experimental where LST mechanic issues are generally worked out.

            Maredudd