Re: [pcgen] Spontaneous inclusion of racial templates

    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 7, 2013

      Not a bug, working as intended, albeit not pretty.

      Do *NOT* use 'Bypass Feat Prerequisites' and your issue will not be there.

      On 2/7/2013 7:59 PM, Ainvar G wrote:
      > I just tried to create a new character to see if I could recreate the problem. I have not entered anything at all, just a blank character, and he has Abyssal, Celestial, Draconic, and Infernal languages (as does the character I mentioned below). Strength, Constitution, and Intelligence are non-abilities, presumably because I have all those template automatically applied again, and my Things to be Done includes all of the "Too many racial traits" remarks - but I have not selected a race nor any traits.
      > I just had a Java update come down a day or two ago, but checking their site, it's not the actual latest, so I will uninstall Java and try again with the latest.
      >

      > ________________________________

    • Ainvar G
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 7, 2013
        It's turned off. The issue remains.

        I guess I will uninstall and start over.

        ________________________________
        Not a bug, working as intended, albeit not pretty.

        Do *NOT* use 'Bypass Feat Prerequisites' and your issue will not be there.

        On 2/7/2013 7:59 PM, Ainvar G wrote:
        > I just tried to create a new character to see if I could recreate the problem. I have not entered anything at all, just a blank character, and he has Abyssal, Celestial, Draconic, and Infernal languages (as does the character I mentioned below). Strength, Constitution, and Intelligence are non-abilities, presumably because I have all those template automatically applied again, and my Things to be Done includes all of the "Too many racial traits" remarks - but I have not selected a race nor any traits.
        > I just had a Java update come down a day or two ago, but checking their site, it's not the actual latest, so I will uninstall Java and try again with the latest.
        >

        > ________________________________

      • Ainvar G
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 7, 2013
          Wow. Uninstalled and reinstalled, keeping my files - it still automatically applies the templates.

          Deleted the options.ini thinking that might be holding the setting I'm trying to kill. No change.

          Uninstalled again, this time letting it delete everything associated with 6.00.0. Reinstalled. No change.

          I realize this is not normal behavior (or I certainly hope it's not), but it's the behavior I'm seeing. How do I kill that setting? It's not checked in preferences anymore, but it remains persistent anyway.

          AinvarG

          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 7, 2013

            Send me your file.