[PF] Druid Domain Broken - No restriction to what domains can be selected

  • Eric C Smith
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 7 8:02 PM
      Hi Folks!

      PCGen 6.01.01 w/PFCR loaded

      Create a Halfling Druid w/15 in all stats.
      Select Nature Bond - Druid Domain

      Without selecting a deity the appropriate domains, per PFCR, are visible but all are red and cannot be selected.

      Select "None" for deity and all domain except for those restricted by alignment are now visible, selectable, and grant the domain abilities to the druid.

      Selecting any other deity makes that deities domains available.

      Maredudd
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 7 8:05 PM

        That's not a bug, that's working as intended. Unless you wish to restrict NONE as a Deity available
        to Druids. Or wish to manually enter each and every domain allowed excluding the Domains granted to
        the druids.

        Cheers,

        On 2/7/2013 8:02 PM, Eric C Smith wrote:
        > Hi Folks!
        >
        > PCGen 6.01.01 w/PFCR loaded
        >
        > Create a Halfling Druid w/15 in all stats.
        > Select Nature Bond - Druid Domain
        >
        > Without selecting a deity the appropriate domains, per PFCR, are visible but all are red and cannot be selected.
        >
        > Select "None" for deity and all domain except for those restricted by alignment are now visible, selectable, and grant the domain abilities to the druid.
        >
        > Selecting any other deity makes that deities domains available.
        >
        > Maredudd

      • Eric C Smith
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 7 8:06 PM
          Opened a Jira: http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/DATA-907

          On Feb 7, 2013, at 11:02 PM, Eric C Smith wrote:

          > Hi Folks!
          >
          > PCGen 6.01.01 w/PFCR loaded
          >
          > Create a Halfling Druid w/15 in all stats.
          > Select Nature Bond - Druid Domain
          >
          > Without selecting a deity the appropriate domains, per PFCR, are visible but all are red and cannot be selected.
          >
          > Select "None" for deity and all domain except for those restricted by alignment are now visible, selectable, and grant the domain abilities to the druid.
          >
          > Selecting any other deity makes that deities domains available.
          >
          > Maredudd
        • Eric C Smith
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 7 8:16 PM
            Hi Folks!

            I humbly state Andrew that if it is working as intended then who ever coded it that way should rethink what they intended.

            Per the PFCR, the Druid selecting the Druid Domain has exactly 7 domains to choose from, and they are NOT, in PCGen 6.01.01, available unless "None" is taken for a deity and then ALL domains, except for the alignment restricted ones, are also available.

            Further, when any other deity is selected, only that deities domains are available, and that breaks the rules per PFCR.

            In plain language Drew, its broke.

            Maredudd

            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 7 8:19 PM
              Well, broke or not, you're proposing two options as best I can tell:
              1) re-write every single deity
              2) Code a new Domain System

              That's the problem of piggybacking on the cleric domain system.

              Gotta run. Be back later.

              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 7 8:28 PM
                Hi Folks!

                Nope, not what I'm proposing Drew.

                I think it needs to be put back the way it was and fix the real problem.

                Maredudd

                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 7 8:37 PM

                  I'm not following. Explain what you mean by "put it back the way it was and fix the real problem"

                  Message 8 of 8 , Feb 7 8:42 PM
                    Hi Folks!

                    We should take this discussion to Experimental where LST mechanic issues are generally worked out.

                    Maredudd