Re: PCGen v6.1.1 Released

  • otiendikil
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 7, 2013

      Unfortunately, on my machine using the Windows installer, it gets no farther than 0% on the loading window and just hangs there. I would report an error, but I am not even sure what to report or how to look for an error. When I download pcgen60101_full.zip and do it myself it works fine, however.

      I am running Windows Vista Home Premium SP2, 64 bit, and Java 7 update 13, if that helps any.

      Thanks,

      Matt C

      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "David R. Bender" wrote:

      > PCGen v6.1.1 is the first alpha release from our development branch to
      > allow experimentation and testing of our latest work. Please give it a
      > shot and let us know how it works for you. Some notable changes in this
      > release are listed below.
      >
      > Notable Changes
      > Speed up when viewing multiple characters
      > Select Sources - Basic - Show Campaign Info
      > Allow user to choose sources when loading existing character
      > Bring 3.x Core Sets to newer Standards
      >
      > New Sources
      > [Paizo] Gnomes of Golarion
      > [Paizo] Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Inner Sea World Guide
      > [Paizo] Pathfinder: Seekers of Secrets
      >
      > PCGen is an RPG character generator and maintenance program (d20
      > systems). All datafiles are ASCII text files so they can be modified by
      > users for their own campaigns.
      >
      > For more information about PCGen, join us at our Yahoo group:
      >
      > or visit our website:
      > http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/01_overview.php
      >
      > or our wiki:
      > http://wiki.pcgen.org/
      >
      > Download your free copy:
      > http://sourceforge.net/projects/pcgen/files/PCGen%20Unstable/6.01.01%20Alpha/
      >
      > You can see all of the changes included in this release by checking out
      > the release notes:
      > http://sourceforge.net/projects/pcgen/files/PCGen%20Unstable/6.01.01%20Alpha/pcgen-release-notes-60101.html/download
      >
      > Trackers (JIRA) bugs:
      > http://jira.pcgen.org
      > --
      >
      > -- david
      > Papa.DRB
      >
      > My better half and me (jpg)

      > Word of the Day (gif)

    • James Dempsey
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 7, 2013
        Hi Matt,

        Thanks for the report - I'll check it out tonight.

        Cheers,
        James Dempsey
        PCGen Code SB

        On 8 February 2013 12:44, otiendikil <Otiendikil@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > Unfortunately, on my machine using the Windows installer, it gets no
        > farther than 0% on the loading window and just hangs there. I would report
        > an error, but I am not even sure what to report or how to look for an
        > error. When I download pcgen60101_full.zip and do it myself it works fine,
        > however.
        >
        > I am running Windows Vista Home Premium SP2, 64 bit, and Java 7 update 13,
        > if that helps any.
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Matt C

      • James Dempsey
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 7, 2013
          Hi Matt,

          The Windows installer is missing 5 libraries that are essential to
          PCGen. As a result it will not start.

          I have deleted the 6.1.1 windows installer from the SourceForge files
          section and I will see if I can produce a revised installer. If not I'll
          have to push out the 6.1.2 release a bit quicker than expected!

          As an interim workaround you can install using the zip (as you have
          done) or copy the libs folder from the zip to your Windows install location.

          Thanks for reporting the issue.

          Cheers,
          James.

          On 8/02/2013 12:44 PM otiendikil wrote
          > Hi,
          >
          > Unfortunately, on my machine using the Windows installer, it gets no farther than 0% on the loading window and just hangs there. I would report an error, but I am not even sure what to report or how to look for an error. When I download pcgen60101_full.zip and do it myself it works fine, however.
          >
          > I am running Windows Vista Home Premium SP2, 64 bit, and Java 7 update 13, if that helps any.
          >
          > Thanks,
          >
          > Matt C
          >
          > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "David R. Bender" wrote:
          >> PCGen v6.1.1 is the first alpha release from our development branch to
          >> allow experimentation and testing of our latest work. Please give it a
          >> shot and let us know how it works for you. Some notable changes in this
          >> release are listed below.
          >>
          >> Notable Changes
          >> Speed up when viewing multiple characters
          >> Select Sources - Basic - Show Campaign Info
          >> Allow user to choose sources when loading existing character
          >> Bring 3.x Core Sets to newer Standards
          >>
          >> New Sources
          >> [Paizo] Gnomes of Golarion
          >> [Paizo] Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Inner Sea World Guide
          >> [Paizo] Pathfinder: Seekers of Secrets
          >>
          >> PCGen is an RPG character generator and maintenance program (d20
          >> systems). All datafiles are ASCII text files so they can be modified by
          >> users for their own campaigns.
          >>
          >> For more information about PCGen, join us at our Yahoo group:
          >>
          >> or visit our website:
          >> http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/01_overview.php
          >>
          >> or our wiki:
          >> http://wiki.pcgen.org/
          >>
          >> Download your free copy:
          >> http://sourceforge.net/projects/pcgen/files/PCGen%20Unstable/6.01.01%20Alpha/
          >>
          >> You can see all of the changes included in this release by checking out
          >> the release notes:
          >> http://sourceforge.net/projects/pcgen/files/PCGen%20Unstable/6.01.01%20Alpha/pcgen-release-notes-60101.html/download
          >>
          >> Trackers (JIRA) bugs:
          >> http://jira.pcgen.org
          >> --
          >>
          >> -- david
          >> Papa.DRB
          >>
          >> My better half and me (jpg)

          >> Word of the Day (gif)

        • James Dempsey
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 8, 2013

            I've uploaded a new installer, pcgen60101a_win_install.exe. This one has
            the correct libraries and has been tested for a full install.

            Cheers,
            James.

            On 8/02/2013 6:30 PM James Dempsey wrote