PCGen v6.1.1 Released

  • David R. Bender
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 7, 2013
      PCGen v6.1.1 is the first alpha release from our development branch to
      allow experimentation and testing of our latest work. Please give it a
      shot and let us know how it works for you. Some notable changes in this
      release are listed below.

      Notable Changes
      Speed up when viewing multiple characters
      Select Sources - Basic - Show Campaign Info
      Allow user to choose sources when loading existing character
      Bring 3.x Core Sets to newer Standards

      New Sources
      [Paizo] Gnomes of Golarion
      [Paizo] Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Inner Sea World Guide
      [Paizo] Pathfinder: Seekers of Secrets

      PCGen is an RPG character generator and maintenance program (d20
      systems). All datafiles are ASCII text files so they can be modified by
      users for their own campaigns.

      For more information about PCGen, join us at our Yahoo group:

      or visit our website:
      http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/01_overview.php

      or our wiki:
      http://wiki.pcgen.org/

      Download your free copy:
      http://sourceforge.net/projects/pcgen/files/PCGen%20Unstable/6.01.01%20Alpha/

      You can see all of the changes included in this release by checking out
      the release notes:
      http://sourceforge.net/projects/pcgen/files/PCGen%20Unstable/6.01.01%20Alpha/pcgen-release-notes-60101.html/download

      Trackers (JIRA) bugs:
      http://jira.pcgen.org
      --

      -- david
      Papa.DRB

      My better half and me (jpg)

    • Omowale Anthony
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 7, 2013
        Thanks for all the hard work! Will be downloading tonight!

        On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 4:07 PM, David R. Bender <Papa.DRB@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > PCGen v6.1.1 is the first alpha release from our development branch to
        > allow experimentation and testing of our latest work. Please give it a
        > shot and let us know how it works for you. Some notable changes in this
        > release are listed below.
        >
        > Notable Changes
        > Speed up when viewing multiple characters
        > Select Sources - Basic - Show Campaign Info
        > Allow user to choose sources when loading existing character
        > Bring 3.x Core Sets to newer Standards
        >
        > New Sources
        > [Paizo] Gnomes of Golarion
        > [Paizo] Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Inner Sea World Guide
        > [Paizo] Pathfinder: Seekers of Secrets
        >
        > PCGen is an RPG character generator and maintenance program (d20
        > systems). All datafiles are ASCII text files so they can be modified by
        > users for their own campaigns.
        >
        > For more information about PCGen, join us at our Yahoo group:
        >
        > or visit our website:
        > http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/01_overview.php
        >
        > or our wiki:
        > http://wiki.pcgen.org/
        >
        > Download your free copy:
        >
        > http://sourceforge.net/projects/pcgen/files/PCGen%20Unstable/6.01.01%20Alpha/
        >
        > You can see all of the changes included in this release by checking out
        > the release notes:
        >
        > http://sourceforge.net/projects/pcgen/files/PCGen%20Unstable/6.01.01%20Alpha/pcgen-release-notes-60101.html/download
        >
        > Trackers (JIRA) bugs:
        > http://jira.pcgen.org
        > --
        >
        > -- david
        > Papa.DRB
        >
        > My better half and me (jpg)
        >
        > https://picasaweb.google.com/102726903532570043857/Family#slideshow/5533056948910114610>

        > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhcfFekSbHQ&ob=av3e>
        > Word of the Day (gif) https://dl.dropbox.com/u/38647997/Exhaustipated.gif>

      • otiendikil
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 7, 2013

          Unfortunately, on my machine using the Windows installer, it gets no farther than 0% on the loading window and just hangs there. I would report an error, but I am not even sure what to report or how to look for an error. When I download pcgen60101_full.zip and do it myself it works fine, however.

          I am running Windows Vista Home Premium SP2, 64 bit, and Java 7 update 13, if that helps any.

          Thanks,

          Matt C

          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "David R. Bender" wrote:

          > PCGen v6.1.1 is the first alpha release from our development branch to
          > allow experimentation and testing of our latest work. Please give it a
          > shot and let us know how it works for you. Some notable changes in this
          > release are listed below.
          >
          > Notable Changes
          > Speed up when viewing multiple characters
          > Select Sources - Basic - Show Campaign Info
          > Allow user to choose sources when loading existing character
          > Bring 3.x Core Sets to newer Standards
          >
          > New Sources
          > [Paizo] Gnomes of Golarion
          > [Paizo] Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Inner Sea World Guide
          > [Paizo] Pathfinder: Seekers of Secrets
          >
          > PCGen is an RPG character generator and maintenance program (d20
          > systems). All datafiles are ASCII text files so they can be modified by
          > users for their own campaigns.
          >
          > For more information about PCGen, join us at our Yahoo group:
          >
          > or visit our website:
          > http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/01_overview.php
          >
          > or our wiki:
          > http://wiki.pcgen.org/
          >
          > Download your free copy:
          > http://sourceforge.net/projects/pcgen/files/PCGen%20Unstable/6.01.01%20Alpha/
          >
          > You can see all of the changes included in this release by checking out
          > the release notes:
          > http://sourceforge.net/projects/pcgen/files/PCGen%20Unstable/6.01.01%20Alpha/pcgen-release-notes-60101.html/download
          >
          > Trackers (JIRA) bugs:
          > http://jira.pcgen.org
          > --
          >
          > -- david
          > Papa.DRB
          >
          > My better half and me (jpg)

          > Word of the Day (gif)

        • James Dempsey
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 7, 2013
            Hi Matt,

            Thanks for the report - I'll check it out tonight.

            Cheers,
            James Dempsey
            PCGen Code SB

            On 8 February 2013 12:44, otiendikil <Otiendikil@...> wrote:

            > Hi,
            >
            > Unfortunately, on my machine using the Windows installer, it gets no
            > farther than 0% on the loading window and just hangs there. I would report
            > an error, but I am not even sure what to report or how to look for an
            > error. When I download pcgen60101_full.zip and do it myself it works fine,
            > however.
            >
            > I am running Windows Vista Home Premium SP2, 64 bit, and Java 7 update 13,
            > if that helps any.
            >
            > Thanks,
            >
            > Matt C

          • James Dempsey
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 7, 2013
              Hi Matt,

              The Windows installer is missing 5 libraries that are essential to
              PCGen. As a result it will not start.

              I have deleted the 6.1.1 windows installer from the SourceForge files
              section and I will see if I can produce a revised installer. If not I'll
              have to push out the 6.1.2 release a bit quicker than expected!

              As an interim workaround you can install using the zip (as you have
              done) or copy the libs folder from the zip to your Windows install location.

              Thanks for reporting the issue.

              Cheers,
              James.

              On 8/02/2013 12:44 PM otiendikil wrote
              > Hi,
              >
              > Unfortunately, on my machine using the Windows installer, it gets no farther than 0% on the loading window and just hangs there. I would report an error, but I am not even sure what to report or how to look for an error. When I download pcgen60101_full.zip and do it myself it works fine, however.
              >
              > I am running Windows Vista Home Premium SP2, 64 bit, and Java 7 update 13, if that helps any.
              >
              > Thanks,
              >
              > Matt C
              >
              > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "David R. Bender" wrote:
              >> PCGen v6.1.1 is the first alpha release from our development branch to
              >> allow experimentation and testing of our latest work. Please give it a
              >> shot and let us know how it works for you. Some notable changes in this
              >> release are listed below.
              >>
              >> Notable Changes
              >> Speed up when viewing multiple characters
              >> Select Sources - Basic - Show Campaign Info
              >> Allow user to choose sources when loading existing character
              >> Bring 3.x Core Sets to newer Standards
              >>
              >> New Sources
              >> [Paizo] Gnomes of Golarion
              >> [Paizo] Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Inner Sea World Guide
              >> [Paizo] Pathfinder: Seekers of Secrets
              >>
              >> PCGen is an RPG character generator and maintenance program (d20
              >> systems). All datafiles are ASCII text files so they can be modified by
              >> users for their own campaigns.
              >>
              >> For more information about PCGen, join us at our Yahoo group:
              >>
              >> or visit our website:
              >> http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/01_overview.php
              >>
              >> or our wiki:
              >> http://wiki.pcgen.org/
              >>
              >> Download your free copy:
              >> http://sourceforge.net/projects/pcgen/files/PCGen%20Unstable/6.01.01%20Alpha/
              >>
              >> You can see all of the changes included in this release by checking out
              >> the release notes:
              >> http://sourceforge.net/projects/pcgen/files/PCGen%20Unstable/6.01.01%20Alpha/pcgen-release-notes-60101.html/download
              >>
              >> Trackers (JIRA) bugs:
              >> http://jira.pcgen.org
              >> --
              >>
              >> -- david
              >> Papa.DRB
              >>
              >> My better half and me (jpg)

              >> Word of the Day (gif)

            • James Dempsey
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 8, 2013

                I've uploaded a new installer, pcgen60101a_win_install.exe. This one has
                the correct libraries and has been tested for a full install.

                Cheers,
                James.

                On 8/02/2013 6:30 PM James Dempsey wrote