Re: [pcgen] [Pathfinder] Bouncing Metamagic Rod pricing

  • Joe Wells
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 6, 2013
      For Bouncing Metamagic Rod? I have pg 294 of the APG:
      Lesser: 3,000gp
      Normal: 11,000gp
      Greater: 24,500gp

      On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 12:49 AM, Andrew <drew0500@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > Hi,
      >
      > Price 9,000 gp (lesser), 32,500 gp (normal), 73,000
      > gp (greater); page 204.
      >
      > Fixed for 6.1.2.
      >
      > Cheers,
      >

      > On 2/5/2013 10:32 PM, Andrew wrote:
      > > Hi,
      > >
      > > Can you quote the correct value and source page? Much easier to verify
      > that way.
      > >
      > > Cheers,
      > >
      > > On 2/5/2013 10:08 PM, Joe Wells wrote:
      > >> The Bouncing Metamagic Rod from the Advanced Player's Guide appears to
      > >> be priced incorrectly. Cost may have been looked at here, rather than
      > >> Price.
      > >>
      > >> Looks wrong in v6.0 as well as an autobuild from a day to two ago.
      > >>

      > --
      > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
      > Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur
      > Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

      Joe Wells

    • Stefan Radermacher
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 6, 2013
        Both th APG and Ultimate Equipment entries support Joe's prices.

        Stefan

        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 6, 2013

          You want to run that by me again?! The APG does not support Joe's quote.

          This is a direct copy and paste from the APG - First printing August 2010.:

          Metamagic , Bounci ng
          Aura strong (no school); CL 17th
          Slot none; Price 9,000 gp (lesser), 32,500 gp (normal), 73,000
          gp (greater); Weight 5 lbs.
          Description
          The wielder can cast up to three spells per day that bounce as
          though using the Bouncing Spell feat.
          Construction
          Requirements Craft Rod, Bouncing Spell; Cost 4,500 gp
          (lesser), 16,250 gp (normal), 36,500 gp (greater)

          I'd need to dig around to find the Ultimate Equipment book. So, can we get a real answer on the
          exact price. APG Book has to have APG material, I can't base APG material on another supplement.
          Using the APG book I have, the fix is true. I have another person claiming the APG is different, and
          you saying it's different. So, is there errata we're missing for the APG?

          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 6, 2013
            Ah, it was errated. The 2nd printing fixed the pricing for both Bouncing
            and Persistent rods.

            From the errata doc:

            Page 294�In the Metamagic, Bouncing rod, in the
            Price description, change the prices to �3,000 gp
            (lesser), 11,000 gp (normal), 24,500 gp (greater).� In
            the Cost description, change the prices to �1,500
            (lesser), 5,500 gp (normal), 12,250 gp (greater).�

            Page 295�In the Metamagic, Persistent rod, in the
            Price description, change the prices to �9,000 gp
            (lesser), 32,500 gp (normal), 73,000 gp (greater).� In
            the Cost Description, change the prices to �4,500 gp

            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 6, 2013
              This was indeed changed in the second printing of the APG and is listed
              in the errata document as follows:

              Page 294 — In the Metamagic, Bouncing rod, in the Price description,
              change the prices to “3,000 gp (lesser), 11,000 gp (normal), 24,500 gp
              (greater).” In the Cost description, change the prices to “1,500
              (lesser), 5,500 gp (normal), 12,250 gp (greater).”

              The errata document is available here:
              http://paizo.com/download/pathfinder/AdvancedPlayersGuideErrata1_0.zip

              Stefan.

              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 6, 2013