Re: [pcgen] Bug Report - v6.0 - Templates with Natural Attacks

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 3, 2013

      I believe this is a known issue with Templates and NaturalAttacks acting up, please do open a JIRA
      if possible.

      Also, if it's not closed source, we've been doing some polymorph work, and instead of duplicating
      effort, it sounds like it's a good system you got in place, if you want to share the work, I'd be
      happy to look at implementing it.

      On a related note, I have set up something that although isn't AS nice as NATURALATTACKS tag, it
      does work.

      This is meant to handle changing the number of attacks, or adding/removing attacks, and it can even
      handle changing the damage dynamically.

      However, it's shortcomings - it won't work properly with any Weapon Proficiency related tags without
      workarounds.

      I've got two examples in the RSRD set up for it if you want to take a look.

      Bite
      CATEGORY:Natural Attack
      TYPE:NaturalAttack
      DEFINE:NaturalBiteReach|REACH.VAL
      DEFINE:BiteAttackBonus|0
      DEFINE:BiteDamageDice|0
      DEFINE:BiteDamageSize|0
      DEFINE:BiteDamageBonus|0
      DEFINE:BiteThreatRange|0
      AUTO:WEAPONPROF|Bite
      BONUS:VAR|BiteAttackBonus|1|PREFEAT:1,Weapon Focus (Bite)
      BONUS:VAR|BiteThreatRange|20
      BONUS:VAR|BiteThreatRange|-1|PREFEAT:1,Improved Critical (Bite)
      COST:0
      ASPECT:NaturalAttackName|Bite
      ASPECT:NaturalAttackToHit|+%1|BiteAttackBonus
      ASPECT:NaturalAttackToHit|+%1/+%2|BiteAttackBonus|BiteAttackBonus-5
      ASPECT:NaturalAttackDamage|%1d%2+%3|BiteDamageDice|BiteDamageSize|BiteDamageBonus
      ASPECT:NaturalAttackReach|%1|NaturalBiteReach
      ASPECT:NaturalAttackType|Lethal
      ASPECT:NaturalAttackThreatRange|%1|BiteThreatRange

      Claw
      CATEGORY:Natural Attack
      TYPE:NaturalAttack
      DEFINE:NaturalClawReach|REACH.VAL
      DEFINE:NumberOfClawAttacks|2
      DEFINE:ClawAttackBonus|0
      DEFINE:ClawDamageDice|0
      DEFINE:ClawDamageSize|0
      DEFINE:ClawDamageBonus|0
      DEFINE:ClawThreatRange|0
      AUTO:WEAPONPROF|Claw
      BONUS:VAR|ClawAttackBonus|1|PREFEAT:1,Weapon Focus (Claw)
      BONUS:VAR|ClawThreatRange|20
      BONUS:VAR|ClawThreatRange|-1|PREFEAT:1,Improved Critical (Claw)
      COST:0
      ASPECT:NaturalAttackName|Claw x%1|NumberOfClawAttacks
      ASPECT:NaturalAttackToHit|+%1|ClawAttackBonus
      ASPECT:NaturalAttackToHit|+%1/+%2|ClawAttackBonus|ClawAttackBonus-5
      ASPECT:NaturalAttackDamage|%1d%2+%3|ClawDamageDice|ClawDamageSize|ClawDamageBonus
      ASPECT:NaturalAttackDamageBonus|%1|ClawDamageBonus
      ASPECT:NaturalAttackReach|%1|NaturalClawReach
      ASPECT:NaturalAttackType|Lethal
      ASPECT:NaturalAttackThreatRange|%1|ClawThreatRange

      So, some explanations:
      AUTO:WEAPONPROF|NameOfAttack is meant so you can actually select the natural attack via anything
      looking through a choose weapon proficiency. You'll see I include the commonly used Weapon Focus to
      add the +1.
      Everything else is set up to be fairly self-explanatory. It's not a perfect fit, but it does the
      job. You could easily set it up to be more automatic with setting the Attack Bonus to the 'BAB'.
      However, I set up each race with the final values:

      This is a dog:
      BONUS:VAR|BiteDamageDice|1
      BONUS:VAR|BiteDamageSize|4
      BONUS:VAR|BiteAttackBonus|BAB+STR
      BONUS:VAR|BiteDamageBonus|STR+max(0,(STR/2))

      It was meant as a work around for certain animal companions (Mainly the dog, riding dog and wolf)
      not getting a second attack.

      Hope that helps.