Re: Seeking feedback on new website layout

  • FerretDave
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 27, 2013
      Greetings,

      Thanks :-)
      I like the link through on the publishers to the full list, good call.
      One thing that's then worth noting however, 4th Ed is not listed on there as a game mode, I think your footnote on it covers it (could have an extra 'due to WOTC's permission/gaming licence restrictions') but the list of publishers could do with a note that 4th ed exists as a gamemode, but then notes some more info indicating that permissions are not granted to distribute data files.

      (I dont want/use 4th ed, just dont want others being disappointed by the lack of initial support or overlooking the flexibility of pcgen to do it themselves).

      On the system requirements, how about rewording:
      PCGen 5.14.x and 5.16.x require JRE versions 1.5.x or 1.6.x. Versions 1.7.x or above are not supported at this time.

      PCGen 5.14.x and 5.16.x require JRE versions 1.5.x or 1.6.x. Java versions 1.7.x and above are only supported by PCGen 6.00 upwards.

      As 'not supported at this time' could be read as 'someone is going to modify the old versions to work someday...'

      Disk space dropped to 120 mb - nice one ;-)

      Thanks for all this, looking good.
      Cheers
      Dave