[BUG]? Epic lvl Wiz class progression continuing non-epic lvl Wiz bonus ft prog.

  • otiendikil
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 24, 2013
      In RSRD 3.5 game mode, I was progressing a Wizard from level 20 to level 30, testing some feats, but it appears that the Wizard is getting extra feats at 25 and 30 as continuations of the bonus feats the non-epic Wizard class receives every 5 levels. My interpretation, at least, is that these were to end at level 20.

      From my interpretation the epic rules, "Every character gains one feat (which may be an epic or nonepic feat at the player's choice) at every level divisible by three.", so there should be (Epic) feats at 21, 24, 27, and 30. http://www.wizards.com/d20/files/v35/EpicLevelBasics.rtf

      And from the Epic Wizard progression, "The epic wizard gains a bonus feat (selected from the list of epic wizard feats) every three levels after 20th." and "In addition to the feats on this list, the wizard may select any item creation feat or metamagic feat not listed here.", so there should be Epic Wizard feats at 23, 26, and 29.
      http://www.wizards.com/d20/files/v35/EpicClasses.rtf

      Here are the feats that were given at each level from 21 to 30.
      21 Feat remain to be selected.
      22 (no feats)
      23 Epic Wizard Feat remain to be selected.
      24 Feat remain to be selected.
      25 Wizard Feat remain to be selected. -- A non-Epic Wizard Feat (Although it includes many Epic feats.)
      26 Epic Wizard Feat remain to be selected.
      27 Feat remain to be selected.
      29 Epic Wizard Feat remain to be selected.
      30 Feat remain to be selected. and Wizard Feat remain to be selected.

      So, it seems that a Wizard's previous feats at levels divisible by 5 are continuing, giving the extra Wizard feats at 25 and 30.
    • Martijn Verburg
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 24, 2013
        Right you are - can you raise a bug at jira.pcgen.org with those details?
        Thanks! K

        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 24, 2013
          Will do.
          Thanks,
          Matt

          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Martijn Verburg wrote:

          > Right you are - can you raise a bug at jira.pcgen.org with those details?
          > Thanks! K

        • John Bauldree
          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 25, 2013
            When I select Greater Spell Focus Feat it brings up the chooser to select the spell school I have spell focus in, but when I select the school and click ok I get the following:

            This happens with both a brand new character or an old file I have.
            John Bauldree

          • John Bauldree
            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 25, 2013
              Sorry...
              More info
              PCGen Ver. 6.00.0
              Mac OSX 10.8.2
              java version "1.6.0_37"

              On Jan 25, 2013, at 11:49 AM, John Bauldree <balingar@...> wrote:

              > When I select Greater Spell Focus Feat it brings up the chooser to select the spell school I have spell focus in, but when I select the school and click ok I get the following:
              > <Screen Shot 2013-01-25 at 11.47.10 AM.png>
              >
              > This happens with both a brand new character or an old file I have.
              > John Bauldree

            • John Bauldree
              Message 6 of 11 , Jan 25, 2013
                Even more info
                Game mode 3.5e
                On Jan 25, 2013, at 11:59 AM, John Bauldree <balingar@...> wrote:

                > Sorry...
                > More info
                > PCGen Ver. 6.00.0
                > Mac OSX 10.8.2
                > java version "1.6.0_37"
                >
                > On Jan 25, 2013, at 11:49 AM, John Bauldree <balingar@...> wrote:
                >
                >> When I select Greater Spell Focus Feat it brings up the chooser to select the spell school I have spell focus in, but when I select the school and click ok I get the following:
                >> <Screen Shot 2013-01-25 at 11.47.10 AM.png>
                >>
                >> This happens with both a brand new character or an old file I have.
                >> John Bauldree

              • David R. Bender
                Message 7 of 11 , Jan 25, 2013
                  Either upload the image to the PCGen files area, or post it on Dropbox
                  or something. We do not allow attachments to these groups.

                  -- david
                  Papa.DRB

                  My better half and me (jpg)

                  On 1/25/2013 12:00 PM, John Bauldree wrote:
                  > Even more info
                  > Game mode 3.5e
                  > On Jan 25, 2013, at 11:59 AM, John Bauldree <balingar@...> wrote:
                  >
                  >> Sorry...
                  >> More info
                  >> PCGen Ver. 6.00.0
                  >> Mac OSX 10.8.2
                  >> java version "1.6.0_37"
                  >>
                  >> On Jan 25, 2013, at 11:49 AM, John Bauldree <balingar@...> wrote:
                  >>
                  >>> When I select Greater Spell Focus Feat it brings up the chooser to select the spell school I have spell focus in, but when I select the school and click ok I get the following:
                  >>> <Screen Shot 2013-01-25 at 11.47.10 AM.png>
                  >>>
                  >>> This happens with both a brand new character or an old file I have.
                  >>> John Bauldree

                • John Bauldree
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jan 25, 2013
                    Ah... okay. I'll just type the error out:
                    ! - Failed to add Ability Due to pcgen.cdom.identifier.SpellSchool cannot be cast to pcgen.cdom.base.CDOMObject. See log for further details.

                    From the Log File:
                    12:41:50.177 SEVERE AWT-EventQueue-1 pcgen.gui2.facade.CharacterAbilities addAbility Failed to add ability due to
                    java.lang.ClassCastException: pcgen.cdom.identifier.SpellSchool cannot be cast to pcgen.cdom.base.CDOMObject
                    at pcgen.rules.persistence.token.AbstractQualifiedChooseToken.applyChoice(Unknown Source)
                    at pcgen.core.chooser.CDOMChoiceManager.applyChoices(Unknown Source)
                    at pcgen.core.chooser.ChooserUtilities.modChoices(Unknown Source)
                    at pcgen.core.AbilityUtilities.finaliseAbility(Unknown Source)
                    at pcgen.gui2.facade.CharacterAbilities.addPCAbility(Unknown Source)
                    at pcgen.gui2.facade.CharacterAbilities.addAbility(Unknown Source)
                    at pcgen.gui2.facade.CharacterFacadeImpl.addAbility(Unknown Source)
                    at pcgen.gui2.tabs.AbilityChooserTab$AddAction.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
                    at pcgen.gui2.util.JTableEx.fireActionEvent(Unknown Source)
                    at pcgen.gui2.util.JTableEx.access$100(Unknown Source)
                    at pcgen.gui2.util.JTableEx$1.mouseClicked(Unknown Source)
                    at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseClicked(AWTEventMulticaster.java:253)
                    at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:6385)
                    at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(JComponent.java:3275)
                    at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:4744)
                    at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2141)
                    at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:4619)
                    at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:4289)
                    at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:4210)
                    at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2127)
                    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:704)
                    at java.awt.EventQueue.access$400(EventQueue.java:82)
                    at java.awt.EventQueue$2.run(EventQueue.java:663)
                    at java.awt.EventQueue$2.run(EventQueue.java:661)
                    at java.security.AccessControlContext$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(AccessControlContext.java:87)
                    at java.security.AccessControlContext$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(AccessControlContext.java:98)
                    at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:677)
                    at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:675)
                    at java.security.AccessControlContext$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(AccessControlContext.java:87)
                    at pcgen.gui.PCGen_Frame1$WaitCursorEventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
                    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:296)
                    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:211)
                    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:201)
                    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:196)
                    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:188)
                    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:122)

                    On Jan 25, 2013, at 12:33 PM, "David R. Bender" <Papa.DRB@...> wrote:

                    > Either upload the image to the PCGen files area, or post it on Dropbox
                    > or something. We do not allow attachments to these groups.
                    >
                    > -- david
                    > Papa.DRB
                    >
                    > My better half and me (jpg)
                    > https://picasaweb.google.com/102726903532570043857/Family#slideshow/5533056948910114610>

                    > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhcfFekSbHQ&ob=av3e>
                    > Word of the Day (gif) https://dl.dropbox.com/u/38647997/Exhaustipated.gif>

                    > On 1/25/2013 12:00 PM, John Bauldree wrote:
                    > > Even more info
                    > > Game mode 3.5e
                    > > On Jan 25, 2013, at 11:59 AM, John Bauldree balingar@...> wrote:
                    > >
                    > >> Sorry...
                    > >> More info
                    > >> PCGen Ver. 6.00.0
                    > >> Mac OSX 10.8.2
                    > >> java version "1.6.0_37"

                    > > Yahoo! Groups Links

                  • David R. Bender
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jan 25, 2013
                      Yup, throws the error. Could you please open a Jira ( jira.pcgen.org ).
                      Copy/ Paste the email with all the information below.I was hoping for a
                      data type errorthat I might be able to fix, but I am not a coder at all,
                      so this needs more formal documentation.

                      Oh, and you do not have to have an account on Jira. You can open it
                      without having to login. thanks,

                      -- david
                      Papa.DRB

                      My better half and me (jpg)