Re: [pcgen] Re: Pathfinder Advanced Race Guide?

  • Eric C Smith
    Message 1 of 20 , Jan 22, 2013
      Hi Folks!

      The data set is still in very early development.

      Maredudd

    • Chris Williams
      Message 2 of 20 , Jan 22, 2013
        Can I help with it?

        Sent from my iPhone

        On Jan 22, 2013, at 7:02 PM, Eric C Smith <maredudd@...> wrote:

        > Hi Folks!
        >
        > The data set is still in very early development.
        >
        > Maredudd
        >
        > On Jan 22, 2013, at 6:56 PM, lordnightwinter69 wrote:
        >
        >> Any chance I can get/test the advanced race guide if it's working? My email is lord.nightwinter@...
        >>
        >> --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Martijn Vos wrote:
        >>>
        >>> Thanks! That's useful to know. As a temporary measure, would it be a good idea to add these instructions to the popup asking if you want to save your open PCs?
        >>>

        >>> mcv.

      • irminsul24
        Message 3 of 20 , Jan 28, 2013
          I hate to beat a dead horse but any chance anyone has done a custom fetchling? I have been trying to do one myself but as my game starts tomorrow I am pretty much out of time. From the sounds of things this isn't a very easy book to code. If you didn't make PCGEN so damn awesome I wouldn't care but since it works so well I want to use it for my game.

          Message 4 of 20 , Jan 28, 2013

            I think the races for the most part are done. Do you just need the race or do you need all the extras?

            For the one asking to help, Eric is handling the set currently, I'll ping him.

          • Irminsul
            Message 5 of 20 , Jan 28, 2013
              If I had the race with all of the features it has (resists and what not) I would be very happy. I don't care about the special feats and items if thats what you mean by the extras. Although I wouldn't turn down any extras that worked already lol

              ________________________________

              Message 6 of 20 , Jan 28, 2013

                Okay, I'm cleaning up the races now. A lot of stuff is required to get the basics working nicely.

              • Stefan Radermacher
                Message 7 of 20 , Jan 29, 2013
                  > If I had the race with all of the features it has (resists and what
                  > not) I would be very happy. I don't care about the special feats and
                  > items if thats what you mean by the extras. Although I wouldn't turn
                  > down any extras that worked already lol

                  Do you need any of the alternative abilities from the ARG or just the
                  basic fetchling? If the latter, that one should be in the Bestiary 2
                  dataset.

                  Stefan
                • minosmythos
                  Message 8 of 20 , Feb 5, 2013
                    Hey Guys,

                    I am also new to the group but am also interested in the Fetchling character type, I was researching how to add it in myself when I came across this. I do have experience in both Software QA and Software Development (Currently I am an Automation Engineer) if it would be of assistance, I would be glad to help out on getting this tested and ready for release.

                    Please let me know if something like this would work and if so, what would be needed (IE. is it just config and text type files added or would it require a recompile from source to work correctly).

                    Thanks,

                    Kenneth

                    Message 9 of 20 , Feb 6, 2013

                      Well, the steps we normally follow:

                      Book requested by user
                      Publisher Contacted for Permission to Include book by Publisher Liaison (PL)
                      If Permission Granted, JIRA for the Book is opened (New Source)
                      Data Monkey picks up the JIRA/Book (Volunteer, and availability of book) and codes it - STATUS - ALPHA
                      Time to code a book is anywhere from a few hours to a few months depending on the book and
                      complexity involved, and it always depends on how much the volunteer can contribute. Our pace is
                      limited by volunteer speed.
                      Once the Book is coded up it goes to the Publisher Liaison for OGL compliance review and possible
                      Publisher review
                      Then it goes to Data Review (Senior Monkey reviews the set for Errors, and obvious syntax problems)
                      Once reviewed the Book is set in the next Release by the reviewer - STATUS - BETA (Unless the
                      monkey deems the set stable and full release) In either case, the set is in the release.
                      Then the general public gets to play with it. If they discover any problems - (Bugs or things they
                      want added) they open Bug or Feature Requests (FREQ); Available Monkey takes on the tasks and fixes
                      the Bugs or resolves the FREQs
                      Once a book has been in the 'wild' for a release cycle, a senior monkey does a final review and if
                      error or issue free, is set STATUS - RELEASE. (Unless it was deemed stable in the earlier step).

                      That all said, what we need are people willing to help make the sets. Reviewing of the sets happens
                      after it's finished normally. Which if that's what you desire, you're more than welcome to test it
                      like crazy and make reports. This is a volunteer project, so any contributions of time, money, or
                      whatever is always welcomed.

                      Cheers,

                      Message 10 of 20 , Feb 6, 2013
                        Hello,

                        I would be happy to both help code up the book as well as test it like crazy if that assistance is needed. If you have any information on where I would pick this up (the current code set) I would be happy to start working on it and adding contributions to it.

                        Thanks