Re: [pcgen] PCGen 6.00.00.0, APG Spells and Equipment not showing up

    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 16, 2013

      Loaded up Pathfinder for Players Advanced.
      Spell Gravity Bow Sorcerer Level 1 - Exists
      Arrows, Blunt both Single and 20 bundle - Exists
      Giving Mithral to Breast Plate adjusts the Breast Plate by all the normal and my speed is 30 as a
      Human Sorcerer 1.

      I'm not seeing any errors, or issues. Is this a New Character, or are you perhaps loading a
      Character with the preference option set to load the sources it was created with?

      Please give me a more specific case of replication otherwise, all the issues raised appear invalid
      at this time. (Disclaimer, I am using the latest 6.01-Dev build, but nothing regarding equipment or
      spells has been changed since 6.0)

      On 1/16/2013 7:35 PM, Wayne wrote:
      > In the most recent release of PCGen 6 the APG spells and items are not listed. For example the spell Gravity Bow and the Item Arrows, Blunt are missing. Either these items are not included in the Pathfinder for Players Advanced data set or there is an error.
      >
      > The other problem I have with PCGen is that special armor materials do not alter the bonuses. For example if I have Mithril breastplate it still shows the movement speed as 20 and the max dex bonus doesn't go up by 2 and the armor check penalty is not reduced by 4.

    • thpr
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 16, 2013
        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Andrew wrote:

        > Please give me a more specific case of replication otherwise, all the issues raised appear invalid
        > at this time. (Disclaimer, I am using the latest 6.01-Dev build, but nothing regarding equipment or
        > spells has been changed since 6.0)

        To be fair, nothing has changed in the data. For the code that is not a safe assumption :)

        http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/CODE-1854 seems to be what addressed this issue, and it was backported, so when we release the bug fix release of 6.0 (6.0.1) this fix will be part of that release.

        TP.
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 16, 2013
          Well, yeah, but the fix doesn't address the basis of the complaint, which has CLASSES tag for
          Gravity Bow not a SPELLLEVEL; No change the EQMOD which alters Armor, etc. ( I don't recall the
          EQMODs breaking between 6.0 and 6.1; and the items mentioned I believe have been present).

          Looking in 6.0 branch, the items are all present.

          So, again, I feel safe in asserting that unless there is a weird step-by-step example, what I've
          been told in the originating email is false. The base data exists and works as is without issue.

          And in case people don't believe me -
          Gravity Bow
          CLASSES:Ranger,Sorcerer,Wizard=1 SCHOOL:Transmutation
          COMPS:V, S
          CASTTIME:1 standard action RANGE:Personal
          TARGETAREA:You
          DURATION:(CASTERLEVEL) minutes (D)
          DESC:Arrows do damage as though one size category bigger.

          BONUS:COMBAT|DAMAGESIZE|1|TYPE=Temporary|PREAPPLY:Weapon,Ranged SOURCEPAGE:p.226

          And since I can only go off what people report, what I see is something that has worked 5.16, 6.0
          and 6.1.

          So, based upon all that, the data and code appear to work, and what I suspect is happening is a PC
          is being loaded up which is loading the Core and not including the APG materials, hence the missing
          items as noted by the OP. That's the most logical and common explanation we've been encountering as
          I find it hard to believe we're having a massive bug issue with the entire APG. ;)

          Cheers,

          On 1/16/2013 9:01 PM, thpr wrote:
          > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Andrew wrote:
          >> Please give me a more specific case of replication otherwise, all the issues raised appear invalid
          >> at this time. (Disclaimer, I am using the latest 6.01-Dev build, but nothing regarding equipment or
          >> spells has been changed since 6.0)
          > To be fair, nothing has changed in the data. For the code that is not a safe assumption :)
          >
          > http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/CODE-1854 seems to be what addressed this issue, and it was backported, so when we release the bug fix release of 6.0 (6.0.1) this fix will be part of that release.
          >
          > TP.

        • Wayne
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 19, 2013
            I figured out I am a blind person. Did not see the advanced tab for loading sources. I was just using the basic tab.

            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Andrew wrote:

            > Well, yeah, but the fix doesn't address the basis of the complaint, which has CLASSES tag for
            > Gravity Bow not a SPELLLEVEL; No change the EQMOD which alters Armor, etc. ( I don't recall the
            > EQMODs breaking between 6.0 and 6.1; and the items mentioned I believe have been present).
            >
            > Looking in 6.0 branch, the items are all present.
            >
            > So, again, I feel safe in asserting that unless there is a weird step-by-step example, what I've
            > been told in the originating email is false. The base data exists and works as is without issue.
            >

            > And in case people don't believe me -
            > Gravity Bow
            > CLASSES:Ranger,Sorcerer,Wizard=1 SCHOOL:Transmutation
            > COMPS:V, S
            > CASTTIME:1 standard action RANGE:Personal
            > TARGETAREA:You
            > DURATION:(CASTERLEVEL) minutes (D)
            > DESC:Arrows do damage as though one size category bigger.
            >

            > BONUS:COMBAT|DAMAGESIZE|1|TYPE=Temporary|PREAPPLY:Weapon,Ranged SOURCEPAGE:p.226
            >

            > And since I can only go off what people report, what I see is something that has worked 5.16, 6.0
            > and 6.1.
            >
            > So, based upon all that, the data and code appear to work, and what I suspect is happening is a PC
            > is being loaded up which is loading the Core and not including the APG materials, hence the missing
            > items as noted by the OP. That's the most logical and common explanation we've been encountering as
            > I find it hard to believe we're having a massive bug issue with the entire APG. ;)
            >
            > Cheers,
            >
            > On 1/16/2013 9:01 PM, thpr wrote:
            > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Andrew wrote:
            > >> Please give me a more specific case of replication otherwise, all the issues raised appear invalid
            > >> at this time. (Disclaimer, I am using the latest 6.01-Dev build, but nothing regarding equipment or
            > >> spells has been changed since 6.0)
            > > To be fair, nothing has changed in the data. For the code that is not a safe assumption :)
            > >
            > > http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/CODE-1854 seems to be what addressed this issue, and it was backported, so when we release the bug fix release of 6.0 (6.0.1) this fix will be part of that release.
            > >
            > > TP.

            > > Yahoo! Groups Links
            > >

            > --
            > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
            > Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur
            > Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

          • Wayne
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 19, 2013
              How do you add a source to an already created character?

              --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Andrew wrote:

              > Well, yeah, but the fix doesn't address the basis of the complaint, which has CLASSES tag for
              > Gravity Bow not a SPELLLEVEL; No change the EQMOD which alters Armor, etc. ( I don't recall the
              > EQMODs breaking between 6.0 and 6.1; and the items mentioned I believe have been present).
              >
              > Looking in 6.0 branch, the items are all present.
              >
              > So, again, I feel safe in asserting that unless there is a weird step-by-step example, what I've
              > been told in the originating email is false. The base data exists and works as is without issue.
              >

              > And in case people don't believe me -
              > Gravity Bow
              > CLASSES:Ranger,Sorcerer,Wizard=1 SCHOOL:Transmutation
              > COMPS:V, S
              > CASTTIME:1 standard action RANGE:Personal
              > TARGETAREA:You
              > DURATION:(CASTERLEVEL) minutes (D)
              > DESC:Arrows do damage as though one size category bigger.
              >

              > BONUS:COMBAT|DAMAGESIZE|1|TYPE=Temporary|PREAPPLY:Weapon,Ranged SOURCEPAGE:p.226
              >

              > And since I can only go off what people report, what I see is something that has worked 5.16, 6.0
              > and 6.1.
              >
              > So, based upon all that, the data and code appear to work, and what I suspect is happening is a PC
              > is being loaded up which is loading the Core and not including the APG materials, hence the missing
              > items as noted by the OP. That's the most logical and common explanation we've been encountering as
              > I find it hard to believe we're having a massive bug issue with the entire APG. ;)
              >
              > Cheers,
              >
              > On 1/16/2013 9:01 PM, thpr wrote:
              > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Andrew wrote:
              > >> Please give me a more specific case of replication otherwise, all the issues raised appear invalid
              > >> at this time. (Disclaimer, I am using the latest 6.01-Dev build, but nothing regarding equipment or
              > >> spells has been changed since 6.0)
              > > To be fair, nothing has changed in the data. For the code that is not a safe assumption :)
              > >
              > > http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/CODE-1854 seems to be what addressed this issue, and it was backported, so when we release the bug fix release of 6.0 (6.0.1) this fix will be part of that release.
              > >
              > > TP.

              > > Yahoo! Groups Links
              > >

              > --
              > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
              > Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur
              > Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

            • James Dempsey
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 19, 2013
                See http://wiki.pcgen.org/FAQ_and_Help#Changing_a_Character.27s_Sources
                but we will be making it much easier in future versions.

                Cheers,
                James.

                On 20/01/2013 2:41 PM Wayne wrote