Re: Let's welcome our new Publisher 'Broken Ruler Games'

  • thpr
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 16, 2013
      Thanks. Just one clarification:

      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "warden_op" wrote:
      > Answer #2: The Burglar's ability to double those dice is based on the overall modifier, so the Burglar would need to apply their bonus d10s to either Size (Large, Small) OR Size (Massive, Tiny). Both of your follow-ups (medium size and doubling minor or major modifiers) is correct.

      To make sure I understand this correctly, for the Aggressive Modifier, the Burglar can purchase 6 additional +1d10, and depending on the Director's call on whether the situation is minor, average, or major, then 2, 4, or 6 (respectively) of those bonus dice would apply?

      TP.
    • warden_op
      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 17, 2013
        Exactly. The assassin may have spend enough training points to gain +6d10 from Aggressive, but if it's minor Aggressive, then only +2d10 is allowed.

        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "thpr" wrote:

        > Thanks. Just one clarification:
        >
        > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "warden_op" wrote:
        > > Answer #2: The Burglar's ability to double those dice is based on the overall modifier, so the Burglar would need to apply their bonus d10s to either Size (Large, Small) OR Size (Massive, Tiny). Both of your follow-ups (medium size and doubling minor or major modifiers) is correct.
        >
        > To make sure I understand this correctly, for the Aggressive Modifier, the Burglar can purchase 6 additional +1d10, and depending on the Director's call on whether the situation is minor, average, or major, then 2, 4, or 6 (respectively) of those bonus dice would apply?
        >
        > TP.

      • thpr
        Message 3 of 13 , Jan 17, 2013
          Okay another question.

          Confuse on page A54: "You must have a common form of communication (i.e.
          language) between yourself and the opponent..."

          Is there a defined method for getting a new language in Killshot? I didn't see anything for how to use training points to buy a language... nor much reference to language at all in the sections I've read.

          Thanks.

          TP.
        • warden_op
          Message 4 of 13 , Jan 18, 2013
            Nope, there's no formal way. That particular text is more of a tool for Directors to disallow that reaction rather than an actual requirement for assassins. When it comes to languages, the player simply has to state they have knowledge of a language during character creation.