Re: [JIRA] Re: [pcgen] Sorcerer Wildblood Variants?

  • Doug Limmer
    Message 1 of 23 , Jan 11, 2013
      To expand upon and give personal account to a previous response:

      It would be easy to make it possible to only take Wildblooded bloodlines
      if you choose a Wildblooded archtype. (And, to also only make regular
      bloodlines available to characters without a Wildblooded archetype).

      I deliberately chose not to implement it that way. The Wildblooded
      archetype is functionally equivalent[1] to a bunch of extra bloodlines,
      so I implemented them that way, instead. I figured it was fewer steps
      for the user to choose the Sylvan bloodline directly from the list of
      bloodlines, rather then first requiring the user to select an archetype,
      and then choose the Sylvan bloodline. The bloodlines are clearly
      labeled as being wildblooded, so I don't think there would be any confusion.

      If the consensus is that the alternate way is better, even though it
      takes another step, it's easy to change.

      DS/DL

      [1] There is one possibly exception, which is possibly unintended, and
      would commonly be house ruled away anyway.

      On 1/11/2013 9:38 AM, Ragabash Moon wrote:

      > So, what about making it so you can't just take Wildblooded bloodlines
      > without
      > the archetype? That should be pretty easy, shouldn't it? Or is that
      > the way
      > it does work?
      >
      > 'Take my love, take my land, I don't care, I'm still free, you can't
      > take the
      > sky from me. Take me out to the Black, tell them I ain't comin' back,
      > burn the
      > land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. There's no
      > place I can
      > be, since I've found Serenity, you can't take the sky from me." --
      > Joss Whedon,
      > Ballad of Serenity
      >
      > RagabashMoon@... <mailto:RagabashMoon%40sbcglobal.net>

      > From: Doug Limmer adventure@...

    • Maredudd
      Message 2 of 23 , Jan 11, 2013
        Hi folks!

        Paul, I am good with the implementation you did for the Wildblooded Archetype.

        Maredudd