Re: [JIRA] Re: [pcgen] Sorcerer Wildblood Variants?

  • Maredudd
    Message 1 of 23 , Jan 11, 2013
      Hi Lazarus!

      Have you look in the Docs? Look under the help menu.

      Maredudd

      Sent from my iPad

      On Jan 11, 2013, at 9:15 AM, "lazarus416" <lazarus416@...> wrote:

      > Thank you guys for all of the help. I don't remember seeing a "how to" for PCGen anywhere. Is there one that I missed? Or is it figure out as you go and get social by trolling the boards?
      >
      > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Andrew wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi,
      > >
      > > After a lengthy back and forth off-list, this is what actually ended up being the case.
      > >
      > > I'm being asked about a Boon Companion now... And the only place I see it is in Seeker of Secrets
      > > which isn't finished yet.
      > >
      > > On 1/11/2013 3:20 AM, Doug Limmer wrote:
      > > > The crossblooded file shouldn't have anything to do with the base
      > > > wildblooded archetype/bloodlines.
      > > >
      > > > I'm going to hazard a guess as to what procedure you have used/are using
      > > > to create the character.
      > > >
      > > > 1. You first created the character without having /Ultimate Magic/ loaded.
      > > > 2. When you start PCGen, you load your sources (including UM), then you
      > > > load your character.
      > > > 3. You have "load sources with character" turned on (which I think is
      > > > the new default).
      > > >
      > > > If I'm right, what's happening is that when you load your character, the
      > > > original sources your character used when created are re-loaded,
      > > > effectively unloading UM.
      > > >
      > > > Try reversing the steps in 2; load your character, then load UM (and
      > > > whatever else) as a source. If it works, and you see the Sylvan
      > > > bloodline, choose it and re-save your character. Then, close the
      > > > character and re-load it. Hopefully, everything will work well from
      > > > then on.
      > > >
      > > > If not, you may have to re-create your character after loading all the
      > > > sources you wish to use.
      > > >
      > > > DS/DL

      > > > Yahoo! Groups Links
      > > >

      > > --
      > > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
      > > Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur

    • Maredudd
      Message 2 of 23 , Jan 11, 2013
        Hi Ragabash,

        Taking the Wildblooded bloodline is the archetype.

        Maredudd

        Sent from my iPad

        On Jan 11, 2013, at 9:38 AM, Ragabash Moon <RagabashMoon@...> wrote:

        > So, what about making it so you can't just take Wildblooded bloodlines without
        > the archetype? That should be pretty easy, shouldn't it? Or is that the way
        > it does work?
        >
        > 'Take my love, take my land, I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the
        > sky from me. Take me out to the Black, tell them I ain't comin' back, burn the
        > land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. There's no place I can
        > be, since I've found Serenity, you can't take the sky from me." -- Joss Whedon,
        > Ballad of Serenity
        >
        > RagabashMoon@...
        >

        > ________________________________

      • Doug Limmer
        Message 3 of 23 , Jan 11, 2013
          To expand upon and give personal account to a previous response:

          It would be easy to make it possible to only take Wildblooded bloodlines
          if you choose a Wildblooded archtype. (And, to also only make regular
          bloodlines available to characters without a Wildblooded archetype).

          I deliberately chose not to implement it that way. The Wildblooded
          archetype is functionally equivalent[1] to a bunch of extra bloodlines,
          so I implemented them that way, instead. I figured it was fewer steps
          for the user to choose the Sylvan bloodline directly from the list of
          bloodlines, rather then first requiring the user to select an archetype,
          and then choose the Sylvan bloodline. The bloodlines are clearly
          labeled as being wildblooded, so I don't think there would be any confusion.

          If the consensus is that the alternate way is better, even though it
          takes another step, it's easy to change.

          DS/DL

          [1] There is one possibly exception, which is possibly unintended, and
          would commonly be house ruled away anyway.

          On 1/11/2013 9:38 AM, Ragabash Moon wrote:

          > So, what about making it so you can't just take Wildblooded bloodlines
          > without
          > the archetype? That should be pretty easy, shouldn't it? Or is that
          > the way
          > it does work?
          >
          > 'Take my love, take my land, I don't care, I'm still free, you can't
          > take the
          > sky from me. Take me out to the Black, tell them I ain't comin' back,
          > burn the
          > land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. There's no
          > place I can
          > be, since I've found Serenity, you can't take the sky from me." --
          > Joss Whedon,
          > Ballad of Serenity
          >
          > RagabashMoon@... <mailto:RagabashMoon%40sbcglobal.net>

          > From: Doug Limmer adventure@...

        • Maredudd
          Message 4 of 23 , Jan 11, 2013
            Hi folks!

            Paul, I am good with the implementation you did for the Wildblooded Archetype.

            Maredudd