[JIRA] Re: [pcgen] Sorcerer Wildblood Variants?

  • lazarus416
    Message 1 of 23 , Jan 10, 2013
      Ok...how? Found the file, but when I click on your name to send you an email, there does not appear to be any way to attach a file.

      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Andrew wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > pcgen/data/alpha/paizo/pathfinder_rpg/ultimate_magic_pfum_abilities_archetypes_sorcerer_crossblooded.lst
      >
      > send that .lst file to me.
      >

      > On 1/10/2013 6:32 PM, lazarus416 wrote:
      > > If you would like to send me a replacement file that would be wonderful. It is the latest 6.x version DL'd just a couple of weeks ago. Here is what is currently loaded for sources:
      > >
      > > Paizo - Faiths of Purity
      > > Paizo - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Bestiary
      > > Paizo - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Bestiary 2
      > > Paizo - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Bonus Bestiary
      > > Paizo - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Ultimate Combat
      > > Paizo - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Ultimate Magic
      > > Paizo - Rise of the Runelords Anniversary Edition Player's Guide
      > > Paizo - Rise of the Runelords Player's Guide
      > > Pathfinder RPG for Players - Advanced
      > >
      > > Maybe I am doing something wrong? Is there some sort of file I can send to you that would help you diagnose?
      > >
      > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Andrew wrote:
      > >> Hi,
      > >>
      > >> The list is woefully short. You are loading version 6.0?
      > >>
      > >> I see a huge list on the data side. I can send you a replacement file if you need it.

    • Doug Limmer
      Message 2 of 23 , Jan 11, 2013
        The crossblooded file shouldn't have anything to do with the base
        wildblooded archetype/bloodlines.

        I'm going to hazard a guess as to what procedure you have used/are using
        to create the character.

        1. You first created the character without having /Ultimate Magic/ loaded.
        2. When you start PCGen, you load your sources (including UM), then you
        load your character.
        3. You have "load sources with character" turned on (which I think is
        the new default).

        If I'm right, what's happening is that when you load your character, the
        original sources your character used when created are re-loaded,
        effectively unloading UM.

        Try reversing the steps in 2; load your character, then load UM (and
        whatever else) as a source. If it works, and you see the Sylvan
        bloodline, choose it and re-save your character. Then, close the
        character and re-load it. Hopefully, everything will work well from
        then on.

        If not, you may have to re-create your character after loading all the
        sources you wish to use.

        DS/DL

        Message 3 of 23 , Jan 11, 2013

          After a lengthy back and forth off-list, this is what actually ended up being the case.

          I'm being asked about a Boon Companion now... And the only place I see it is in Seeker of Secrets
          which isn't finished yet.

          Message 4 of 23 , Jan 11, 2013
            Gah! I'm getting there - might be done sometime next week!

            Cheers

            Paul

            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Andrew wrote:
            <snip>

            > I'm being asked about a Boon Companion now... And the only place I see it is in Seeker of Secrets
            > which isn't finished yet.

            <snip>
          • lazarus416
            Message 5 of 23 , Jan 11, 2013
              Thank you guys for all of the help. I don't remember seeing a "how to" for PCGen anywhere. Is there one that I missed? Or is it figure out as you go and get social by trolling the boards?

              Message 6 of 23 , Jan 11, 2013
                No biggie (for me anyway). Game is not for several weeks yet. And I can always go the long way around and work up a druid to print the pet if I need to. I didn't realize it was a feat from an obscure book. I kept seeing references to it on the boards. I am new to PF, so I have had to do a lot of research. (Currently trying to decide if I want to do a Tierfling Magus or a Sylvan Sorcerer to fill the Arcane slot in our party.)

                --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "pshipley@..." wrote:

                > Gah! I'm getting there - might be done sometime next week!
                >
                > Cheers
                >
                > Paul
                >
                > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Andrew wrote:
                >

                > > I'm being asked about a Boon Companion now... And the only place I see it is in Seeker of Secrets
                > > which isn't finished yet.

              • Ragabash Moon
                Message 7 of 23 , Jan 11, 2013
                  So, what about making it so you can't just take Wildblooded bloodlines without
                  the archetype? That should be pretty easy, shouldn't it? Or is that the way
                  it does work?

                  'Take my love, take my land, I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the
                  sky from me. Take me out to the Black, tell them I ain't comin' back, burn the
                  land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. There's no place I can
                  be, since I've found Serenity, you can't take the sky from me." -- Joss Whedon,
                  Ballad of Serenity

                  RagabashMoon@...

                  ________________________________

                  Message 8 of 23 , Jan 11, 2013
                    Hi Lazarus!

                    Have you look in the Docs? Look under the help menu.

                    Maredudd

                    Sent from my iPad

                    Message 9 of 23 , Jan 11, 2013
                      Hi Ragabash,

                      Taking the Wildblooded bloodline is the archetype.

                      Maredudd

                      Sent from my iPad

                      On Jan 11, 2013, at 9:38 AM, Ragabash Moon <RagabashMoon@...> wrote:

                      > So, what about making it so you can't just take Wildblooded bloodlines without
                      > the archetype? That should be pretty easy, shouldn't it? Or is that the way
                      > it does work?
                      >
                      > 'Take my love, take my land, I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the
                      > sky from me. Take me out to the Black, tell them I ain't comin' back, burn the
                      > land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. There's no place I can
                      > be, since I've found Serenity, you can't take the sky from me." -- Joss Whedon,
                      > Ballad of Serenity
                      >
                      > RagabashMoon@...
                      >

                      > ________________________________

                    • Doug Limmer
                      Message 10 of 23 , Jan 11, 2013
                        To expand upon and give personal account to a previous response:

                        It would be easy to make it possible to only take Wildblooded bloodlines
                        if you choose a Wildblooded archtype. (And, to also only make regular
                        bloodlines available to characters without a Wildblooded archetype).

                        I deliberately chose not to implement it that way. The Wildblooded
                        archetype is functionally equivalent[1] to a bunch of extra bloodlines,
                        so I implemented them that way, instead. I figured it was fewer steps
                        for the user to choose the Sylvan bloodline directly from the list of
                        bloodlines, rather then first requiring the user to select an archetype,
                        and then choose the Sylvan bloodline. The bloodlines are clearly
                        labeled as being wildblooded, so I don't think there would be any confusion.

                        If the consensus is that the alternate way is better, even though it
                        takes another step, it's easy to change.

                        DS/DL

                        [1] There is one possibly exception, which is possibly unintended, and
                        would commonly be house ruled away anyway.

                        On 1/11/2013 9:38 AM, Ragabash Moon wrote:

                        > So, what about making it so you can't just take Wildblooded bloodlines
                        > without
                        > the archetype? That should be pretty easy, shouldn't it? Or is that
                        > the way
                        > it does work?
                        >
                        > 'Take my love, take my land, I don't care, I'm still free, you can't
                        > take the
                        > sky from me. Take me out to the Black, tell them I ain't comin' back,
                        > burn the
                        > land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. There's no
                        > place I can
                        > be, since I've found Serenity, you can't take the sky from me." --
                        > Joss Whedon,
                        > Ballad of Serenity
                        >
                        > RagabashMoon@... <mailto:RagabashMoon%40sbcglobal.net>

                        > From: Doug Limmer adventure@...

                      • Maredudd
                        Message 11 of 23 , Jan 11, 2013
                          Hi folks!

                          Paul, I am good with the implementation you did for the Wildblooded Archetype.

                          Maredudd