Re: [JIRA] Re: [pcgen] Sorcerer Wildblood Variants?

    Message 1 of 23 , Jan 10, 2013
      Hi,

      The list is woefully short. You are loading version 6.0?

      I see a huge list on the data side. I can send you a replacement file if you need it.

    • lazarus416
      Message 2 of 23 , Jan 10, 2013
        Here is what was in the log if it helps any (Afraid it is greek to me atm):

        21:44:53.535 INFO main pcgen.system.Main main Starting PCGen v6.00.0
        21:44:53.730 INFO main pcgen.system.LanguageBundle init Initialising language bundle with locale en_US.
        21:45:47.504 INFO Thread-7 pcgen.persistence.SourceFileLoader loadCampaigns Loading game Pathfinder_RPG and sources [Pathfinder RPG for Players - Advanced, Paizo - Faiths of Purity, Paizo - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Bestiary, Paizo - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Bestiary 2, Paizo - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Bonus Bestiary, Paizo - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Ultimate Combat, Paizo - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Ultimate Magic, Pathfinder RPG for Players - Advanced, Pathfinder RPG for Players - Advanced, Paizo - Rise of the Runelords Anniversary Edition Player's Guide, Paizo - Rise of the Runelords Player's Guide].
        21:45:47.838 SEVERE Thread-7 pcgen.persistence.lst.LstObjectFileLoader storeObject WARNING: Duplicate object name: Thassilonian
        Original: file:/E:/PCGen/PCGenerator/PCGen6000/data/d20ogl/paizo/pathfinder_adventure_path/rise_of_the_runelords/rise_of_the_runelords_ae_players_guide/rotraepg_languages.lst
        Duplicate: file:/E:/PCGen/PCGenerator/PCGen6000/data/d20ogl/paizo/pathfinder_adventure_path/rise_of_the_runelords/rise_of_the_runelords_players_guide/rrpg_languages.lst
        WARNING: Not loading duplicate.
        21:45:47.839 SEVERE Thread-7 pcgen.persistence.lst.LstObjectFileLoader storeObject WARNING: Duplicate object name: Varisian
        Original: file:/E:/PCGen/PCGenerator/PCGen6000/data/d20ogl/paizo/pathfinder_adventure_path/rise_of_the_runelords/rise_of_the_runelords_ae_players_guide/rotraepg_languages.lst
        Duplicate: file:/E:/PCGen/PCGenerator/PCGen6000/data/d20ogl/paizo/pathfinder_adventure_path/rise_of_the_runelords/rise_of_the_runelords_players_guide/rrpg_languages.lst
        WARNING: Not loading duplicate.
        21:45:59.260 SEVERE Thread-7 pcgen.cdom.reference.AbstractReferenceManufacturer validateDuplicates More than one Language with key/name Thassilonian was built
        21:45:59.261 SEVERE Thread-7 pcgen.cdom.reference.AbstractReferenceManufacturer validateDuplicates Sources: file:/E:/PCGen/PCGenerator/PCGen6000/data/d20ogl/paizo/pathfinder_adventure_path/rise_of_the_runelords/rise_of_the_runelords_ae_players_guide/rotraepg_languages.lst, file:/E:/PCGen/PCGenerator/PCGen6000/data/d20ogl/paizo/pathfinder_adventure_path/rise_of_the_runelords/rise_of_the_runelords_players_guide/rrpg_languages.lst
        21:45:59.261 SEVERE Thread-7 pcgen.cdom.reference.AbstractReferenceManufacturer validateDuplicates More than one Language with key/name Varisian was built
        21:45:59.261 SEVERE Thread-7 pcgen.cdom.reference.AbstractReferenceManufacturer validateDuplicates Sources: file:/E:/PCGen/PCGenerator/PCGen6000/data/d20ogl/paizo/pathfinder_adventure_path/rise_of_the_runelords/rise_of_the_runelords_ae_players_guide/rotraepg_languages.lst, file:/E:/PCGen/PCGenerator/PCGen6000/data/d20ogl/paizo/pathfinder_adventure_path/rise_of_the_runelords/rise_of_the_runelords_players_guide/rrpg_languages.lst
        21:45:59.278 SEVERE Thread-7 pcgen.cdom.reference.AbstractReferenceManufacturer validateDuplicates More than one Spell with key/name Sun Metal was built
        21:45:59.278 SEVERE Thread-7 pcgen.cdom.reference.AbstractReferenceManufacturer validateDuplicates Sources: file:/E:/PCGen/PCGenerator/PCGen6000/data/alpha/paizo/pathfinder_rpg/ultimate_combat/pfuc_spells_shortdesc.lst, file:/E:/PCGen/PCGenerator/PCGen6000/data/alpha/paizo/pathfinder_rpg/ultimate_combat/pfuc_spells.lst
        21:45:59.278 SEVERE Thread-7 pcgen.cdom.reference.AbstractReferenceManufacturer validateDuplicates More than one Spell with key/name Deadeye's Lore was built
        21:45:59.279 SEVERE Thread-7 pcgen.cdom.reference.AbstractReferenceManufacturer validateDuplicates Sources: file:/E:/PCGen/PCGenerator/PCGen6000/data/alpha/paizo/pathfinder_rpg/ultimate_combat/pfuc_spells_shortdesc.lst, file:/E:/PCGen/PCGenerator/PCGen6000/data/alpha/paizo/pathfinder_rpg/ultimate_combat/pfuc_spells.lst
        21:45:59.404 SEVERE Thread-7 pcgen.cdom.reference.AbstractReferenceManufacturer getObject Reference to Constructed Language Thassilonian is ambiguous
        21:45:59.404 SEVERE Thread-7 pcgen.cdom.reference.AbstractReferenceManufacturer getObject Locations: file:/E:/PCGen/PCGenerator/PCGen6000/data/d20ogl/paizo/pathfinder_adventure_path/rise_of_the_runelords/rise_of_the_runelords_ae_players_guide/rotraepg_languages.lst, file:/E:/PCGen/PCGenerator/PCGen6000/data/d20ogl/paizo/pathfinder_adventure_path/rise_of_the_runelords/rise_of_the_runelords_players_guide/rrpg_languages.lst
        21:45:59.404 SEVERE Thread-7 pcgen.cdom.reference.AbstractReferenceManufacturer getObject Reference to Constructed Language Varisian is ambiguous
        21:45:59.405 SEVERE Thread-7 pcgen.cdom.reference.AbstractReferenceManufacturer getObject Locations: file:/E:/PCGen/PCGenerator/PCGen6000/data/d20ogl/paizo/pathfinder_adventure_path/rise_of_the_runelords/rise_of_the_runelords_ae_players_guide/rotraepg_languages.lst, file:/E:/PCGen/PCGenerator/PCGen6000/data/d20ogl/paizo/pathfinder_adventure_path/rise_of_the_runelords/rise_of_the_runelords_players_guide/rrpg_languages.lst
        21:46:10.5 INFO Thread-9 pcgen.persistence.SourceFileLoader loadCampaigns Loading game Pathfinder_RPG and sources [Pathfinder RPG for Players - Advanced].
        21:46:18.577 INFO AWT-EventQueue-1 pcgen.system.CharacterManager openCharacter Loaded character Unnamed 1 - E:\PCGen\PCGenerator\PCGen6000\characters\Sylvan Sorcerer.pcg
        18:39:09.784 INFO AWT-EventQueue-1 pcgen.system.CharacterManager createNewCharacter Created new character Unnamed 2.
        18:40:47.231 INFO AWT-EventQueue-1 pcgen.gui2.facade.CharacterFacadeImpl setRace Unnamed 2: Setting race to Human
        18:41:09.291 INFO AWT-EventQueue-1 pcgen.gui2.facade.CharacterFacadeImpl addCharacterLevels Unnamed 2: Adding level 1 in class Sorcerer
        18:41:09.338 WARNING AWT-EventQueue-1 pcgen.gui2.tabs.AbilitiesInfoTab$AbilityTabsModel elementAdded Trying to add Archetype to [TabInfo [title=Feats, categoryList=[Feat]], TabInfo [title=Racial Abilities, categoryList=[Human Racial Trait, Ability Bonus]], TabInfo [title=Traits, categoryList=[Traits]], TabInfo [title=Afflictions, categoryList=[Afflictions]]] at index 5. Putting at end.
        18:41:09.548 WARNING AWT-EventQueue-1 pcgen.gui2.tabs.AbilitiesInfoTab$AbilityTabsModel elementAdded Trying to add Archetype to [TabInfo [title=Feats, categoryList=[Feat]], TabInfo [title=Racial Abilities, categoryList=[Human Racial Trait, Ability Bonus]], TabInfo [title=Traits, categoryList=[Traits]], TabInfo [title=Afflictions, categoryList=[Afflictions]]] at index 5. Putting at end.

        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Eric C Smith wrote:

        > Hi Lazarus,
        >
        > Do you see anything in the error log?
        >
        > Maredudd
        >
        > On Jan 10, 2013, at 8:49 PM, lazarus416 wrote:
        >
        > > Well, I don't know what is wrong then because Sylvan is not showing up anywhere that I can find. I checked and made sure I have UM loaded, (it is)and Sylvan is not under bloodlines or archetypes. Fey is there under bloodlines, (which Sylvan is the variant of), but not Sylvan. I even loaded up Fey to see if Sylvan shows up under Archetype that way, but no dice. In fact, the only Archetype that shows up at all is the generic Sorcerer Archetype. Nothing else is there. I tried Elemental and Draconic just for kicks and I get a pop up window asking for specifics, but now that I think about it, I don't think I have seen ANY of Wildbloods. Here is the list of Bloodlines listed:
        > >
        > > Aberrant Bloodline
        > > Abyssal Bloodline
        > > Aquatic Bloodline
        > > Arcane Bloodline
        > > Boreal Bloodline
        > > Celestial Bloodline
        > > Deepearth Bloodline
        > > Destined Bloodline
        > > Draconic Bloodline
        > > Dreamspun Bloodline
        > > Elemental Bloodline
        > > Fey Bloodline
        > > Infernal Bloodline
        > > Protean Bloodline
        > > Serpentine Bloodline
        > > Shadow Bloodline
        > > Starsoul Bloodline
        > > Stormborn Bloodline
        > > Undead Bloodline
        > > Verdant Bloodline
        > >
        > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Doug Limmer wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Yes, the wildblooded variants are in /Ultimate Magic/. They're coded up
        > > > as separate bloodlines rather than as an archetype.
        > > >
        > > > I tested it in 5.17.19, and they're there, and the Sylvan bloodline does
        > > > give an animal companion.
        > > >
        > > > I spent enough time coding up all those fershlugginer bloodlines, that
        > > > they *better* still be there. [Stupid crossblooded mumble mutter
        > > > grumble...]
        > > >
        > > > DS/DL

      • lazarus416
        Message 3 of 23 , Jan 10, 2013
          If you would like to send me a replacement file that would be wonderful. It is the latest 6.x version DL'd just a couple of weeks ago. Here is what is currently loaded for sources:

          Paizo - Faiths of Purity
          Paizo - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Bestiary
          Paizo - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Bestiary 2
          Paizo - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Bonus Bestiary
          Paizo - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Ultimate Combat
          Paizo - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Ultimate Magic
          Paizo - Rise of the Runelords Anniversary Edition Player's Guide
          Paizo - Rise of the Runelords Player's Guide
          Pathfinder RPG for Players - Advanced

          Maybe I am doing something wrong? Is there some sort of file I can send to you that would help you diagnose?

          Message 4 of 23 , Jan 10, 2013
            Hi,

            pcgen/data/alpha/paizo/pathfinder_rpg/ultimate_magic_pfum_abilities_archetypes_sorcerer_crossblooded.lst

            send that .lst file to me.

            Message 5 of 23 , Jan 10, 2013
              Ok...how? Found the file, but when I click on your name to send you an email, there does not appear to be any way to attach a file.

            • Doug Limmer
              Message 6 of 23 , Jan 11, 2013
                The crossblooded file shouldn't have anything to do with the base
                wildblooded archetype/bloodlines.

                I'm going to hazard a guess as to what procedure you have used/are using
                to create the character.

                1. You first created the character without having /Ultimate Magic/ loaded.
                2. When you start PCGen, you load your sources (including UM), then you
                load your character.
                3. You have "load sources with character" turned on (which I think is
                the new default).

                If I'm right, what's happening is that when you load your character, the
                original sources your character used when created are re-loaded,
                effectively unloading UM.

                Try reversing the steps in 2; load your character, then load UM (and
                whatever else) as a source. If it works, and you see the Sylvan
                bloodline, choose it and re-save your character. Then, close the
                character and re-load it. Hopefully, everything will work well from
                then on.

                If not, you may have to re-create your character after loading all the
                sources you wish to use.

                DS/DL

                Message 7 of 23 , Jan 11, 2013
                  Hi,

                  After a lengthy back and forth off-list, this is what actually ended up being the case.

                  I'm being asked about a Boon Companion now... And the only place I see it is in Seeker of Secrets
                  which isn't finished yet.

                  Message 8 of 23 , Jan 11, 2013
                    Gah! I'm getting there - might be done sometime next week!

                    Cheers

                    Paul

                    --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Andrew wrote:
                    <snip>

                    > I'm being asked about a Boon Companion now... And the only place I see it is in Seeker of Secrets
                    > which isn't finished yet.

                    <snip>
                  • lazarus416
                    Message 9 of 23 , Jan 11, 2013
                      Thank you guys for all of the help. I don't remember seeing a "how to" for PCGen anywhere. Is there one that I missed? Or is it figure out as you go and get social by trolling the boards?

                      Message 10 of 23 , Jan 11, 2013
                        No biggie (for me anyway). Game is not for several weeks yet. And I can always go the long way around and work up a druid to print the pet if I need to. I didn't realize it was a feat from an obscure book. I kept seeing references to it on the boards. I am new to PF, so I have had to do a lot of research. (Currently trying to decide if I want to do a Tierfling Magus or a Sylvan Sorcerer to fill the Arcane slot in our party.)

                        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "pshipley@..." wrote:

                        > Gah! I'm getting there - might be done sometime next week!
                        >
                        > Cheers
                        >
                        > Paul
                        >
                        > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Andrew wrote:
                        >

                        > > I'm being asked about a Boon Companion now... And the only place I see it is in Seeker of Secrets
                        > > which isn't finished yet.

                      • Ragabash Moon
                        Message 11 of 23 , Jan 11, 2013
                          So, what about making it so you can't just take Wildblooded bloodlines without
                          the archetype? That should be pretty easy, shouldn't it? Or is that the way
                          it does work?

                          'Take my love, take my land, I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the
                          sky from me. Take me out to the Black, tell them I ain't comin' back, burn the
                          land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. There's no place I can
                          be, since I've found Serenity, you can't take the sky from me." -- Joss Whedon,
                          Ballad of Serenity

                          RagabashMoon@...

                          ________________________________

                          Message 12 of 23 , Jan 11, 2013
                            Hi Lazarus!

                            Have you look in the Docs? Look under the help menu.

                            Maredudd

                            Sent from my iPad

                            Message 13 of 23 , Jan 11, 2013
                              Hi Ragabash,

                              Taking the Wildblooded bloodline is the archetype.

                              Maredudd

                              Sent from my iPad

                              On Jan 11, 2013, at 9:38 AM, Ragabash Moon <RagabashMoon@...> wrote:

                              > So, what about making it so you can't just take Wildblooded bloodlines without
                              > the archetype? That should be pretty easy, shouldn't it? Or is that the way
                              > it does work?
                              >
                              > 'Take my love, take my land, I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the
                              > sky from me. Take me out to the Black, tell them I ain't comin' back, burn the
                              > land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. There's no place I can
                              > be, since I've found Serenity, you can't take the sky from me." -- Joss Whedon,
                              > Ballad of Serenity
                              >
                              > RagabashMoon@...
                              >

                              > ________________________________

                            • Doug Limmer
                              Message 14 of 23 , Jan 11, 2013
                                To expand upon and give personal account to a previous response:

                                It would be easy to make it possible to only take Wildblooded bloodlines
                                if you choose a Wildblooded archtype. (And, to also only make regular
                                bloodlines available to characters without a Wildblooded archetype).

                                I deliberately chose not to implement it that way. The Wildblooded
                                archetype is functionally equivalent[1] to a bunch of extra bloodlines,
                                so I implemented them that way, instead. I figured it was fewer steps
                                for the user to choose the Sylvan bloodline directly from the list of
                                bloodlines, rather then first requiring the user to select an archetype,
                                and then choose the Sylvan bloodline. The bloodlines are clearly
                                labeled as being wildblooded, so I don't think there would be any confusion.

                                If the consensus is that the alternate way is better, even though it
                                takes another step, it's easy to change.

                                DS/DL

                                [1] There is one possibly exception, which is possibly unintended, and
                                would commonly be house ruled away anyway.

                                On 1/11/2013 9:38 AM, Ragabash Moon wrote:

                                > So, what about making it so you can't just take Wildblooded bloodlines
                                > without
                                > the archetype? That should be pretty easy, shouldn't it? Or is that
                                > the way
                                > it does work?
                                >
                                > 'Take my love, take my land, I don't care, I'm still free, you can't
                                > take the
                                > sky from me. Take me out to the Black, tell them I ain't comin' back,
                                > burn the
                                > land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. There's no
                                > place I can
                                > be, since I've found Serenity, you can't take the sky from me." --
                                > Joss Whedon,
                                > Ballad of Serenity
                                >
                                > RagabashMoon@... <mailto:RagabashMoon%40sbcglobal.net>

                                > From: Doug Limmer adventure@...

                              • Maredudd
                                Message 15 of 23 , Jan 11, 2013
                                  Hi folks!

                                  Paul, I am good with the implementation you did for the Wildblooded Archetype.

                                  Maredudd