Re: [pcgen] Re: Ultimate Magic/Ultimate Combat/Magus Datasets

    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 8, 2013

      The Basic Is just to help people get started. PCGen remembers your settings for each gamemode
      between runs. Unless you change the sources, every time you start up it should return to the
      advanced tab (Unless you uncheck the box) and all you'll have to do is click load.

      Cheers,

      On 1/8/2013 5:33 PM, lazarus416 wrote:
      > Thanks. I found it as I was waiting for the answer. I thought when I loaded Players-Advanced it would load up everything. I didn't realize I had to go in and manually load other stuff. Since it is asking me to load every time I start the program, is there a way to make it default load the items I already selected? Otherwise it is going to be a nuisance to have to manually load the books I am using every time I crank up PCGen.
      >
      > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Andrew wrote:
      >> Hi,
      >>
      >> Welcome back after a long absence. :)
      >>
      >> If you download the complete PCGen, you can install all the sets with it (Which should be the
      >> default install option), which includes the Ultimate Magic and Ultimate Combat.
      >>
      >> Once you load up PCGen, select the Advanced Tab, change the the GameMode to 'Pathfinder' Then you
      >> can add the Sources you'd like to use.
      >>
      >> I'd recommend:
      >> Core Rules
      >> Bestiary I
      >> Advanced Players Guide
      >> Ultimate Magic
      >> Ultimate Combat
      >>
      >> The two Ultimate Books are relatively new, so if you find anything wrong, don't hesitate to give a
      >> holler and we'll fix it.
      >>
      >> Happy Gaming :)
      >>
      >> On 1/8/2013 4:58 PM, lazarus416 wrote:
      >>> My apologies if this is covered somewhere, but I am new to PCGen (last time I saw it was back in 3.0 days when WOTC was promising us a killer gen and then Code Monkey took it over), but I am about to play in a PF game and I am looking to utilize stuff from UM and possibly UC, but I can't find anywhere to DL the datasets I keep seeing referred to in messages. Where can I find these datasets? The PCGen website has datasets, but they are all from prior to their latest 6.x release and that does not include UM & UC stuff. I am most especially interested in the Magus class with the Black Blade Archetype. Thanks in advance for any info.
      >>>
      >>> Laz

      >>> Yahoo! Groups Links
      >>>

      >> --
      >> Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
      >> Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur
      >> Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

    • Michael
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 9, 2013
        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "lazarus416" wrote:

        > Thanks. I found it as I was waiting for the answer. I thought when I loaded Players-Advanced it would load up everything. I didn't realize I had to go in and manually load other stuff. Since it is asking me to load every time I start the program, is there a way to make it default load the items I already selected? Otherwise it is going to be a nuisance to have to manually load the books I am using every time I crank up PCGen.

        On the advanced tab for source selection, in the bottom left corner is a button to save your source selection, this will then show up on the basic tab.(this is good for creating new characters)
        Also, once you create a character, it should automatically load the sources each time you load up the character.(this is good for after you've created the character)