Re: {Disarmed} Re: [pcgen] Re: Sorcerer spells known wrong in 5.17.16

  • UnclePete
    Message 1 of 30 , Jan 7, 2013
      OK, point taken. I guess that's why I'm NOT the rules maven in my group :)

      However, it doesn't answer the problem I'm having with PCGen and
      sorcerers, but I'll start another thread for that.

      Pete

      On 01/08/2013 11:35 AM, Eric C Smith wrote:

> [...]
      > > there seems to be a problem when you have high-charisma sorcerers, like
      > > the 7th level 21 Charisma example provided in many of these posts.
      > >
      > > My reading of the Pathfinder rules is that a 7th level sorcerer should
      > > have known spells of 7, 5, 3, 2 and the bloodline spells will increase
      > > that to 7, 6, 4, 3. So far, so good.
      > >
      > > However, the 21 Charisma (+5 bonus) gives the sorcerer bonus known
      > > spells of 0, 2, 1, 1 (Table 1-3 p17) for a grand total of 7, 8, 5, 4.
      > > PCGen is showing 7, 7, 5, 4.
      >
      > As David says, the stat bonus is on CAST spells, not KNOWN spells.
      >
      > We do have a preference setting that will add spells to the known list
      > per the stat bonus though.
      >
      > > Eric's example below shows this behaviour, and my tests reproduce it
      > > (PCGen 6.0.0 on linux with SUracle Java 6 - Core rulebook and Bestiary
      > > only loaded).
      >
      > And before anyone suggests that my example is given with stat bonus to
      > known spells, I specifically checked that, several times, like 4
      > times, or more, before I made my post. :-)
      >

      > > Pete
      > >
      > > PS - PCGen rocks! Keep up the good work, everyone.
      > >

      > > On 01/08/2013 02:39 AM, Eric C Smith wrote:
      > >> Hi Folks!
      > >>
      > >> Using PCGen 6.0.0, I've created a barebones Sorcerer, 7th level, Human.
      > >>
      > >> I have not selected a sorcerer's bloodline, traits, feats, skills,
      > favored class, or spells. I have selected the human ability bonus as
      > well as the 4th level ability bonus, both going into Charisma, ending
      > with a final charisma of 21.
      > >>
      > >> Per PCGen:
      > >> Spells Known are 7, 6, 4, 3
      > >> Spells Cast are -, 8, 7, 5
      > >>
      > >> Now I add the Draconic (Black) Bloodline.
      > >>
      > >> Per PCGen:
      > >> Spells Known are 7, 7, 5, 4
      > >> Spells Cast are -, 8, 7, 5
      > >>

      > >> Using PCGen 6.01.01 dev (last nights autobuild), I've created a
      > barebones Sorcerer, 7th level, Human.
      > >>
      > >> As above, I have not selected a sorcerer's bloodline, traits,
      > feats, skills, favored class, or spells. I have selected the human
      > ability bonus as well as the 4th level ability bonus, both going into
      > Charisma, ending with a final charisma of 21.
      > >>
      > >> Per PCGen:
      > >> Spells Known are 7, 5, 3, 2
      > >> Spells Cast are -, 8, 7, 5
      > >>
      > >> Now I add the Draconic (Black) Bloodline.
      > >>
      > >> Per PCGen:
      > >> Spells Known are 7, 5, 3, 2
      > >> Spells Cast are -, 8, 7, 5
      > >>
      > >> Not sure whats going on here as my sorcerer no longer gets the
      > Bloodline Spell. Otherwise the good news is that the Spells Known are
      > correct . . . :-)
      > >>
      > >> Maredudd
      > >>
      > >> P.S. I used the full autobuild file to package the Mac App as I do
      > for the release files.

      > does not

      > release again.

      > Autobuilds (6.01.x): all of them failed to give correct know spells
      > for my Human Draconic Sorcerer lvl 7 with 21 CHA.

    • agnard
      Message 2 of 30 , Jan 23, 2013
        Thanks for the fix, the spells are now correct :)

        Add to get the file at http://sourceforge.net/p/pcgen/code/19215/tree/branches/6.00.x/pcgen/data/d20ogl/paizo/pathfinder_rpg/core_rulebook/pfcr_abilities_class.lst

        For some odd reason the autobuilds (full distro) still has the error.