Any interest in Unearthed Arcana Metamagic Components?

  • Matt C
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 5, 2013
      Would there be interest in added the metamagic spell components from the Unearthed Arcana variant rules into PCGen? I was messing around with them and added them all to an Excel spreadsheet. I then managed to derive a formula that exactly predicts the cost of most metamagic components (probably already available somewhere I couldn't findÂ…) which would make it easier to automatically make new, custom metamagic components of any type for any spell.

      I am not sure what the syntax would be for the unique inventory items and whether there would need to be new tags, types, or whatnot. For naming, perhaps just "Metamagic (Specially prepared feather of an archon's wing)", and an indicator of what spell and effect it applied to, like [Blasphemy/Heightened +2]. Sometimes, though, there are identically named items of several different costs, and I've never understood how that should best be done.

      I was looking through JIRA and here but didn't see much recent mention of adding the Unearthed Arcana OGC, but this and a few other things might be relatively low-hanging fruit.
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 5, 2013

        Certainly. I had hoped to finally get Unearthed Arcana in, once I get the core races able to take
        those changes easily. Swap vs. code up new races, always a tough decision.