Re: [pcgen] Re: Questions about the "Standard Campaign" 80 pt build option

  • Stefan Radermacher
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 4, 2013
      Am 05.01.13 00:15, schrieb Doug Limmer:
      > I assumed that the "80 point buy" method was made up and used precisely
      > because the other methods were not OGL.

      That would makes sense indeed.

      Stefan
    • rogerwllco
      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 4, 2013
        I think those aren't OGL, they're not in the SRD as far as I know.

        I always assumed what was said earlier, that the "standard method" that PCGen used is made up because the published methods aren't OGL.

        The CMP datasets did come with the DMG methods, but not the srd35 datasets.

        Cheers,

        Adriaan Renting/RogerWilco

        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Stefan Radermacher wrote:

        > Am 04.01.13 23:24, schrieb Stefan Radermacher:
        > > Am 04.01.13 22:56, schrieb David R. Bender:
        > >> No, 80 point has been a "standard" point buy for 3.5 for a long time.
        > >
        > > Really? I remember 35 points being the default point build for 3.5.
        >
        > Actuall I just checked my 3.5 DMG (page 169), and these are the point
        > buy values listed:
        >
        > Low-powered campaign 15 points
        > Challenging campaign 22 points
        > Tougher campaign 28 points
        > High-powered campaign 32 points
        >
        > The 3.0 DMG has the same values (page 19). No 80 points anywhere. Weird.
        >
        > Stefan.

      • Paul
        Message 3 of 16 , Jan 5, 2013
          Yes the 80 point build was put in to be d20 compliant. Then when we dropped the d20 license the values were never added back in for 3e & 35e. Pathfinder has the values published.