Re: summon monster stats

  • Paul
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 2, 2013
      The easiest way to I imagine would be to make kits for each summoned monster

      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Michael" <dracoprimus@...> wrote:

      > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Michael" <dracoprimus@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I'm using PCGen to run my PF Bard(lvl3). I'm using summon monster a lot, what's the best way to enter the stats for creatures I can summon with that spell in the program, so I don't have to keep looking them up each time I cast the spell?
      > >
      > In case others are in a similar situation of using summoned monsters, I've decided to write up the summoned monsters as companions for the main character. This way, it easily comes into GMGen so I can track HP, and the table allows you to use digital rollers for dice, GMGen can roll for attacks.

    • Susan Dittmar
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 3, 2013
        Paul schrieb:
        > The easiest way to I imagine would be to make kits for each summoned monster

        Are those summoned monsters different from the standard critters for
        pathfinder? For (R)SRD they aren't, and I just used the default monster
        kits to create the summoned monsters. OK, I had to add the fiendish or
        celestial templates where appropriate, and a self-made template for
        augment summoning feat. But that's quite fast doing. I doubt any other
        pre-generation would be much faster to use, once you know what needs to
        be done.

        Susan
      • Paul
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 3, 2013
          Actually I just thought of a quick way. (besides putting everything in notes on the bio section).

          Put Summoned (or something) as a TYPE for each monster and then you can quick filter for the Summoned type.

          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Susan Dittmar wrote:

          > Paul schrieb:
          > > The easiest way to I imagine would be to make kits for each summoned monster
          >
          > Are those summoned monsters different from the standard critters for
          > pathfinder? For (R)SRD they aren't, and I just used the default monster
          > kits to create the summoned monsters. OK, I had to add the fiendish or
          > celestial templates where appropriate, and a self-made template for
          > augment summoning feat. But that's quite fast doing. I doubt any other
          > pre-generation would be much faster to use, once you know what needs to
          > be done.
          >
          > Susan

        • FerretDave
          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 3, 2013
            Could we add that URL into the spell detail (display desc only?) so it's showed up in the GUI when viewing the spell? Saves everyone on this list bookmarking it separately...