Custom skill not getting class bonus

  • Michael
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 31, 2012
      In my custom campaign, I have a new Craft skill. the code line is:
      Craft (Weaver) KEYSTAT:INT USEUNTRAINED:NO ACHECK:NO TYPE:Craft

      it shows up in the skill list, as type: craft. But, a cleric character when selecting it, isn't getting the class skill bonus, but it should get that bonus for all craft skills. How do I get the custom skill to properly act as a class skill?
      Do I need to make a 'custom cleric' and add it as a class skill? Doesn't seem that I should have to do that.
    • David R. Bender
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 31, 2012
        You need to add the Bonus statement to the skill. I also dropped the
        Accheck and added .Intelligence to the Type. Here is the completed
        line(linebreaks are tabs):

        Craft (Weaver)
        KEYSTAT:INT
        USEUNTRAINED:NO
        TYPE:Craft.Intelligence
        BONUS:SKILL|Craft (Weaver)|3|TYPE=ClassSkill|PRECSKILL:1,Craft
        (Weaver)|PRESKILL:1,Craft (Weaver)=1
        BONUS:SKILL|Craft
        (Weaver)|-2|TYPE=Circumstance|!PREITEM:1,TYPE=CraftToolsWeaver|PREAPPLY:PC
        TEMPDESC:Craft skill checks are made with a -2 circumstance penalty if
        improvised tools are used

        -- david
        Papa.DRB

        My better half and me (jpg)

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 31, 2012

          I presume this is for Pathfinder?

          If you take a look at the existing skills you will see this little segment, which is the secret to that:

          BONUS:SKILL|Craft (Baskets)|3|TYPE=ClassSkill|PRECSKILL:1,Craft (Baskets)|PRESKILL:1,Craft (Baskets)=1

          It would be nice if we could automate that sort of thing, but for now the above works. If you need
          further assistance, please join us over on PCGen List File Help.

          Cheers,