Re: [pcgen] Re: summon monster stats

  • David R. Bender
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 30, 2012
      For one place, look here:
      http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/s/summon-monster

      -- david
      Papa.DRB

      My better half and me (jpg)

      On 12/30/2012 10:04 AM, Allen Cohn wrote:
      > Some of those cheat sheets are already floating around the net if you
      > search. I found one at one point.
      >
      > Happy summoning,
      > Allen

    • David R. Bender
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 30, 2012
        Also, look in this thread at Paizo for links to Google docs containing
        Augmented andnon-Augmented lists for both SM & SNA,

        http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2laeq?Summon-MonsterAlly-Augmented-New-Updated

        -- david
        Papa.DRB

        My better half and me (jpg)

        On 12/30/2012 7:05 PM, David R. Bender wrote:
        > For one place, look here:
        > http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/s/summon-monster
        >
        > -- david
        > Papa.DRB
        >
        > My better half and me (jpg)

        > On 12/30/2012 10:04 AM, Allen Cohn wrote:
        >> Some of those cheat sheets are already floating around the net if you
        >> search. I found one at one point.
        >>
        >> Happy summoning,
        >> Allen

        >> PCGen List File Help:
        >>
        >> PCGen Experimental:
        >> Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Michael
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 2, 2013
          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Michael" <dracoprimus@...> wrote:

          > I'm using PCGen to run my PF Bard(lvl3). I'm using summon monster a lot, what's the best way to enter the stats for creatures I can summon with that spell in the program, so I don't have to keep looking them up each time I cast the spell?

          In case others are in a similar situation of using summoned monsters, I've decided to write up the summoned monsters as companions for the main character. This way, it easily comes into GMGen so I can track HP, and the table allows you to use digital rollers for dice, GMGen can roll for attacks.
        • Paul
          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 2, 2013
            The easiest way to I imagine would be to make kits for each summoned monster

            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Michael" <dracoprimus@...> wrote:

            > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Michael" <dracoprimus@> wrote:
            > >
            > > I'm using PCGen to run my PF Bard(lvl3). I'm using summon monster a lot, what's the best way to enter the stats for creatures I can summon with that spell in the program, so I don't have to keep looking them up each time I cast the spell?
            > >
            > In case others are in a similar situation of using summoned monsters, I've decided to write up the summoned monsters as companions for the main character. This way, it easily comes into GMGen so I can track HP, and the table allows you to use digital rollers for dice, GMGen can roll for attacks.

          • Susan Dittmar
            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 3, 2013
              Paul schrieb:
              > The easiest way to I imagine would be to make kits for each summoned monster

              Are those summoned monsters different from the standard critters for
              pathfinder? For (R)SRD they aren't, and I just used the default monster
              kits to create the summoned monsters. OK, I had to add the fiendish or
              celestial templates where appropriate, and a self-made template for
              augment summoning feat. But that's quite fast doing. I doubt any other
              pre-generation would be much faster to use, once you know what needs to
              be done.

              Susan
            • Paul
              Message 6 of 11 , Jan 3, 2013
                Actually I just thought of a quick way. (besides putting everything in notes on the bio section).

                Put Summoned (or something) as a TYPE for each monster and then you can quick filter for the Summoned type.

                --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Susan Dittmar wrote:

                > Paul schrieb:
                > > The easiest way to I imagine would be to make kits for each summoned monster
                >
                > Are those summoned monsters different from the standard critters for
                > pathfinder? For (R)SRD they aren't, and I just used the default monster
                > kits to create the summoned monsters. OK, I had to add the fiendish or
                > celestial templates where appropriate, and a self-made template for
                > augment summoning feat. But that's quite fast doing. I doubt any other
                > pre-generation would be much faster to use, once you know what needs to
                > be done.
                >
                > Susan

              • FerretDave
                Message 7 of 11 , Jan 3, 2013
                  Could we add that URL into the spell detail (display desc only?) so it's showed up in the GUI when viewing the spell? Saves everyone on this list bookmarking it separately...