Re: [pcgen] summon monster stats

    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 29, 2012

      Geez, Yahoo is hating me today, I still don't see the original message I approved :(

      James's solution is an excellent one but I'll add a couple more for your consideration.

      Another couple of solutions:
      1) Put the stat blocks in the character Bio or Description field, an excellent place to locate the
      critters
      2) Make a cheat sheet (One of my players did this for their summons, included everything they could
      summon)

      On 12/29/2012 10:19 PM, James Dempsey wrote:
      > Hi Michael,
      >
      > On 30/12/2012 4:42 PM Michael wrote
      >> I'm using PCGen to run my PF Bard(lvl3). I'm using summon monster a lot, what's the best way to enter the stats for creatures I can summon with that spell in the program, so I don't have to keep looking them up each time I cast the spell?
      > One approach would be to load the "Pathfinder RPG for Game Masters
      > (includes Monsters)" set and then create each summoned monster as a
      > character. If you have multiple open at the same time (e.g. saved as a
      > party) you can export them using a party sheet to have quick stats for
      > the set, or you can use individual sheets for each.
      >
      > Cheers,
      > James.

    • Allen Cohn
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 30, 2012
        Some of those cheat sheets are already floating around the net if you
        search. I found one at one point.

        Happy summoning,
        Allen
      • David R. Bender
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 30, 2012
          For one place, look here:
          http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/s/summon-monster

          -- david
          Papa.DRB

          My better half and me (jpg)

          On 12/30/2012 10:04 AM, Allen Cohn wrote:
          > Some of those cheat sheets are already floating around the net if you
          > search. I found one at one point.
          >
          > Happy summoning,
          > Allen

        • David R. Bender
          Message 4 of 11 , Dec 30, 2012
            Also, look in this thread at Paizo for links to Google docs containing
            Augmented andnon-Augmented lists for both SM & SNA,

            http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2laeq?Summon-MonsterAlly-Augmented-New-Updated

            -- david
            Papa.DRB

            My better half and me (jpg)

            On 12/30/2012 7:05 PM, David R. Bender wrote:
            > For one place, look here:
            > http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/s/summon-monster
            >
            > -- david
            > Papa.DRB
            >
            > My better half and me (jpg)

            > On 12/30/2012 10:04 AM, Allen Cohn wrote:
            >> Some of those cheat sheets are already floating around the net if you
            >> search. I found one at one point.
            >>
            >> Happy summoning,
            >> Allen

            >> PCGen List File Help:
            >>
            >> PCGen Experimental:
            >> Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Michael
            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 2, 2013
              --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Michael" <dracoprimus@...> wrote:

              > I'm using PCGen to run my PF Bard(lvl3). I'm using summon monster a lot, what's the best way to enter the stats for creatures I can summon with that spell in the program, so I don't have to keep looking them up each time I cast the spell?

              In case others are in a similar situation of using summoned monsters, I've decided to write up the summoned monsters as companions for the main character. This way, it easily comes into GMGen so I can track HP, and the table allows you to use digital rollers for dice, GMGen can roll for attacks.
            • Paul
              Message 6 of 11 , Jan 2, 2013
                The easiest way to I imagine would be to make kits for each summoned monster

                --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Michael" <dracoprimus@...> wrote:

                > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Michael" <dracoprimus@> wrote:
                > >
                > > I'm using PCGen to run my PF Bard(lvl3). I'm using summon monster a lot, what's the best way to enter the stats for creatures I can summon with that spell in the program, so I don't have to keep looking them up each time I cast the spell?
                > >
                > In case others are in a similar situation of using summoned monsters, I've decided to write up the summoned monsters as companions for the main character. This way, it easily comes into GMGen so I can track HP, and the table allows you to use digital rollers for dice, GMGen can roll for attacks.

              • Susan Dittmar
                Message 7 of 11 , Jan 3, 2013
                  Paul schrieb:
                  > The easiest way to I imagine would be to make kits for each summoned monster

                  Are those summoned monsters different from the standard critters for
                  pathfinder? For (R)SRD they aren't, and I just used the default monster
                  kits to create the summoned monsters. OK, I had to add the fiendish or
                  celestial templates where appropriate, and a self-made template for
                  augment summoning feat. But that's quite fast doing. I doubt any other
                  pre-generation would be much faster to use, once you know what needs to
                  be done.

                  Susan
                • Paul
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jan 3, 2013
                    Actually I just thought of a quick way. (besides putting everything in notes on the bio section).

                    Put Summoned (or something) as a TYPE for each monster and then you can quick filter for the Summoned type.

                    --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Susan Dittmar wrote:

                    > Paul schrieb:
                    > > The easiest way to I imagine would be to make kits for each summoned monster
                    >
                    > Are those summoned monsters different from the standard critters for
                    > pathfinder? For (R)SRD they aren't, and I just used the default monster
                    > kits to create the summoned monsters. OK, I had to add the fiendish or
                    > celestial templates where appropriate, and a self-made template for
                    > augment summoning feat. But that's quite fast doing. I doubt any other
                    > pre-generation would be much faster to use, once you know what needs to
                    > be done.
                    >
                    > Susan

                  • FerretDave
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jan 3, 2013
                      Could we add that URL into the spell detail (display desc only?) so it's showed up in the GUI when viewing the spell? Saves everyone on this list bookmarking it separately...