Bug in Preferences

  • swiftbrook8
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 29, 2012
      Windows XP, PCGen 6.00.00
      Pathfinder Core Rule Book
      Pathfinder Advanced Players Guide

      Background: I had several other sources loaded as I was building an Aasimar Archeaologist Bard when I found what seem to be a bug. I unloaded everything except the two sources above and still encountered the problem.
      I wanted to add the Lingering Performance to my bard but couldn't because it doesn't have any performances, a prerequisite. So I selected preferences and checked:

      [X] Bypass Feat Prerequisites (FEATPRE)

      That's when everything seemed to go crazy.

      I quit PCGen and started it up with only the two sources. Created a new PC. With FEATPRE checked, I get the following in the main screen:

      Str *
      Dex 10
      Con *
      Int *
      Wis 10
      Cha 10

      and in the "Things To Be Done" box, lots of "Too many _________ racial trait have been selected"

      I exit the program, restart with the FEATPRE box unchecked, no problems.

      As a work-around, I'm going to leave the FEATPRE unchecked and edit the Lingering Performance feat so it has no prerequisites.

      -Swiftbrook
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 29, 2012

        Yes, bypassing Feat Prequisites bypasses Ability Prerequisites. This behavior needs to be changed
        and is a known issue.