Re: [pcgen] Re: How do I load other Pathfinder source books onto PCGen?

  • David R. Bender
    Message 1 of 17 , Dec 29, 2012
      That is *exactly*what I do also. Here are the first few.pcc file lines
      from my Shattered Star campaign file.

      CAMPAIGN:Campaign - Shattered Star
      GAMEMODE:Pathfinder
      RANK:6
      TYPE:*Campaign files (Only load *one* from here)
      #
      # Core
      PCC:@\d20ogl\paizo\pathfinder_rpg\core_rulebook\core_rulebook.pcc
      #etc, usually the APG, Bestiary, Players Guide, + some very minor
      personal stuff.

      It shows up on the Advanced Tab as "*Campaign files (Only load *one*
      from here)" and under that the three current campaigns by name.

      -- david
      Papa.DRB

      My better half and me (jpg)

      On 12/29/2012 8:56 AM, FerretDave wrote:
      > Greetings,
      >
      > What I do, is create my own 'Campaign data set' (.pcc file) that contains all the sources that I use for my campaign, I actually have several of these - one for each of the distinct campaigns currently in progress (each using a slightly different set of sources).
      >
      > My players then merely have to load in *one* source. They don't have to worry about any of the underlying detail then, I understand PCGEN so I sort out the complex bits, they are just 'users' and use the config I give them...
      >
      > Cheers
      >
      > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Wilson <andrew@...> wrote:
      >> On 20 December 2012 01:28, FerretDave <ferret.griffin@...> wrote:
      >>
      >>> Greetings,
      >>> Is it worth just considering *NOT* unloading characters when new sources
      >>> are *added*?
      >>>
      >>> Having that as a default action (and save the newly loaded sources in with
      >>> pre-existing
      >> characters) seems to be more of what most people intend...
      >>> Of course, if they *remove* any sources then this is not appropriate!
      >>>
      >> So, what do you do instead? How do you get rid of a source once
      >> you've had it and a character open together?
      >>
      >> I was surprised and annoyed when the program closed a character
      >> when I was trying to add a source. Some people don't come to a
      >> mailing list looking for how to fix their problem. They just decide
      >> we're too arcane for words and move on.
      >>
      >> I'm already fighting a loosing battle to get my group to use PCGen.
      >> They like the output, but find the program hard to use, they're actually
      >> paying for Herolabs :-(
      >>
      >> The fewer things that frustrate/annoy the users the better.
      >>
      >> I really think our "simple" loading screen and the "load sources with
      >> character" are a retrograde step. They make the program harder to
      >> use. And we now get lots of questions about where all the data is,
      >> because the "simple" loader is hiding its existence.
      >>
      >> andrew
    • Eric C Smith
      Message 2 of 17 , Dec 29, 2012
        Yep, thats what I do for my players.