Re: [pcgen] GMGen shows an empty window! cry for help

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 27 10:08 PM
      Hi,

      Don't often hear of issues with GMGen, what this sounds like is an invalid version for the java.

      Does PCGen work for you when you start up?

      For the code team - Which OS are you using? Windows x, Mac x, etc?
      Which version of java are you using (Sun or other?)
      Which version of PCGen and GMgen?

      Thanks,

      On 12/27/2012 9:44 PM, M R wrote:
      > Hello,
      >
      > I have only recently stumbled upon PCGen, and I wonder how can this be after years of DnD...
      >
      > I'm having a problem I can't seem to fix, as GMGen when first clicked to be opened doesn't react, and when I try again the window appears completely empty. No tabs, no nothing. Even the preferences are empty.
      >
      > I read in this group a message from someone with a similar problem who was advised to delete his options.ini file or simply change a value from 10.
      >
      > I tried deleting the options.ini file, nothing changed. I tried finding the line in question to alter, but it was missing (something about initative number of columns), so I tried to include it and test it with the value of 10, then 9 or 11, nothing changed.
      >
      > I closed and reopened the application every time a change was made to the .ini file.
      >
      > I was really happy to find this very handy software, but I now seem to be deprived from DMing with it! I would like some assistance.
      >
      > Thanks in advance,
      >
      > M R

    • bbkv_srg
      Message 2 of 3 , May 23, 2013
        Hi

        I've got same problem.

        OS Win7 64 bit
        Java 7 update 21
        PCGen 6.0.0 works fine.
        PCGen 6.0.1: GMGen does not open after first pressing PCGen->Tools->GMGen; after second pressing GMGen opens as empty window with menu bar.