GMGen shows an empty window! cry for help

  • M R
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 27, 2012
      Hello,

      I have only recently stumbled upon PCGen, and I wonder how can this be after years of DnD...

      I'm having a problem I can't seem to fix, as GMGen when first clicked to be opened doesn't react, and when I try again the window appears completely empty. No tabs, no nothing. Even the preferences are empty.

      I read in this group a message from someone with a similar problem who was advised to delete his options.ini file or simply change a value from 10.

      I tried deleting the options.ini file, nothing changed. I tried finding the line in question to alter, but it was missing (something about initative number of columns), so I tried to include it and test it with the value of 10, then 9 or 11, nothing changed.

      I closed and reopened the application every time a change was made to the .ini file.

      I was really happy to find this very handy software, but I now seem to be deprived from DMing with it! I would like some assistance.

      Thanks in advance,

      M R
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 27, 2012

        Don't often hear of issues with GMGen, what this sounds like is an invalid version for the java.

        Does PCGen work for you when you start up?

        For the code team - Which OS are you using? Windows x, Mac x, etc?
        Which version of java are you using (Sun or other?)
        Which version of PCGen and GMgen?

        Thanks,

        On 12/27/2012 9:44 PM, M R wrote:
        > Hello,
        >
        > I have only recently stumbled upon PCGen, and I wonder how can this be after years of DnD...
        >
        > I'm having a problem I can't seem to fix, as GMGen when first clicked to be opened doesn't react, and when I try again the window appears completely empty. No tabs, no nothing. Even the preferences are empty.
        >
        > I read in this group a message from someone with a similar problem who was advised to delete his options.ini file or simply change a value from 10.
        >
        > I tried deleting the options.ini file, nothing changed. I tried finding the line in question to alter, but it was missing (something about initative number of columns), so I tried to include it and test it with the value of 10, then 9 or 11, nothing changed.
        >
        > I closed and reopened the application every time a change was made to the .ini file.
        >
        > I was really happy to find this very handy software, but I now seem to be deprived from DMing with it! I would like some assistance.
        >
        > Thanks in advance,
        >
        > M R

      • bbkv_srg
        Message 3 of 3 , May 23, 2013
          Hi

          I've got same problem.

          OS Win7 64 bit
          Java 7 update 21
          PCGen 6.0.0 works fine.
          PCGen 6.0.1: GMGen does not open after first pressing PCGen->Tools->GMGen; after second pressing GMGen opens as empty window with menu bar.