{PF Bug] Magical Knack not increasing Arcane Strike Effect, May Need Code Work

  • Eric C Smith
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 26, 2012
      Hi Folks!

      I'm running PCGen 6.00.0 with PFRC, APG, B1, B2, UM, and UC loaded.

      I've created a Halfling Sorcerer3/Rogue2 with the Magical knack (Sorcerer) and the Arcane Strike feat.

      As the Halfling S3/Rg2 now has a total of 5 levels, the Arcane Strike should provide a +2 damage bonus but I am getting a +1 damage bonus only.

      Looking into it, Magical Knack uses BONUS:CASTERLEVEL while Arcane Strike uses classlevel and a combination of CL and BL variables to provide the bonus.

      CL and BL are defined in the docs a Class Level and Bonus Spellcaster Levels. I know CASTERLEVEL is only accessible in spell files only. Does classlevel("Sorcerer")+var("BL=Sorcerer") give the same number? Is it supposed to?

      Maredudd
    • Eric C Smith
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 26, 2012
        JIRA Opened:

        http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/DATA-823

        On Dec 26, 2012, at 8:38 PM, Eric C Smith wrote:

        > Hi Folks!
        >
        > I'm running PCGen 6.00.0 with PFRC, APG, B1, B2, UM, and UC loaded.
        >
        > I've created a Halfling Sorcerer3/Rogue2 with the Magical knack (Sorcerer) and the Arcane Strike feat.
        >
        > As the Halfling S3/Rg2 now has a total of 5 levels, the Arcane Strike should provide a +2 damage bonus but I am getting a +1 damage bonus only.
        >
        > Looking into it, Magical Knack uses BONUS:CASTERLEVEL while Arcane Strike uses classlevel and a combination of CL and BL variables to provide the bonus.
        >
        > CL and BL are defined in the docs a Class Level and Bonus Spellcaster Levels. I know CASTERLEVEL is only accessible in spell files only. Does classlevel("Sorcerer")+var("BL=Sorcerer") give the same number? Is it supposed to?
        >
        > Maredudd

      • Eric C Smith
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 26, 2012
          Relevant discussion on Paizo's forum: