Re: [pcgen] [PF] The Adopted trait allows the wrong 'traits' to be selected, was Re: [BUG] PFAPG Basic Traits Prereqs Wrong

  • Stefan Radermacher
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 20, 2012
      Yes, bonusing the racial trait ability pools is definitely wrong. The
      Adpoted traits gives out a race trait from the trait rules. A racial
      trait is something completely different and has nothing to do at all
      with the trait rules. This is a somewhat unfortunate and confusing
      nomenclature.

      Stefan.

      On 20.12.2012 23:49, Eric C Smith wrote:
      > Hi Folks!
      >
      > I've got a new problem with the Adopted trait.
      >
      > Looking through the Paizo forums, and admittedly going back 4 years
      > but the story has been consistent since then, the Adopted trait does
      > NOT grant a racial trait from the adoptive parents racial traits as
      > defined by the race's descriptive section in the PFCR. It rather
      > grants access to the available Traits categorized as Race Traits in
      > the APG and Companion books.
      >
      > First reference in the Paizo Forums I ran across was in Oct of 2008
      > with a responce from F Wesley Schnieder:
      > http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2iuvv?Adopted#1
      >
      > And the latest appearance in Feb 2012:
      > http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2l7ns&page=314?Ask-James-Jacobs-ALL-your-Questions-Here#15700
      >
      > The Adopted basic trait needs to be changed to provide a list of
      > Race Traits, as oppose to racial traits, for the adoptive parents.
      >
      > Maredudd

      > PCGen List File Help:
      > in creating new homebrew or official list files)
      >
      > PCGen Experimental:
      > official data source development) Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Eric C Smith
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 20, 2012
        Thanks for the confirmation.

        JIRA opened: http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/DATA-817

        I'll upload a fix for the APG. Then we can tackle the other sources with Race traits.

        Maredudd