[PF] The Adopted trait allows the wrong 'traits' to be selected, was Re: [BUG] PFAPG Basic Traits Prereqs Wrong

  • Eric C Smith
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 20, 2012
      Hi Folks!

      I've got a new problem with the Adopted trait.

      Looking through the Paizo forums, and admittedly going back 4 years but the story has been consistent since then, the Adopted trait does NOT grant a racial trait from the adoptive parents racial traits as defined by the race's descriptive section in the PFCR. It rather grants access to the available Traits categorized as Race Traits in the APG and Companion books.

      First reference in the Paizo Forums I ran across was in Oct of 2008 with a responce from F Wesley Schnieder:
      http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2iuvv?Adopted#1

      And the latest appearance in Feb 2012:
      http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2l7ns&page=314?Ask-James-Jacobs-ALL-your-Questions-Here#15700

      The Adopted basic trait needs to be changed to provide a list of Race Traits, as oppose to racial traits, for the adoptive parents.

      Maredudd
    • Stefan Radermacher
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 20, 2012
        Yes, bonusing the racial trait ability pools is definitely wrong. The
        Adpoted traits gives out a race trait from the trait rules. A racial
        trait is something completely different and has nothing to do at all
        with the trait rules. This is a somewhat unfortunate and confusing
        nomenclature.

        Stefan.

        On 20.12.2012 23:49, Eric C Smith wrote:
        > Hi Folks!
        >
        > I've got a new problem with the Adopted trait.
        >
        > Looking through the Paizo forums, and admittedly going back 4 years
        > but the story has been consistent since then, the Adopted trait does
        > NOT grant a racial trait from the adoptive parents racial traits as
        > defined by the race's descriptive section in the PFCR. It rather
        > grants access to the available Traits categorized as Race Traits in
        > the APG and Companion books.
        >
        > First reference in the Paizo Forums I ran across was in Oct of 2008
        > with a responce from F Wesley Schnieder:
        > http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2iuvv?Adopted#1
        >
        > And the latest appearance in Feb 2012:
        > http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2l7ns&page=314?Ask-James-Jacobs-ALL-your-Questions-Here#15700
        >
        > The Adopted basic trait needs to be changed to provide a list of
        > Race Traits, as oppose to racial traits, for the adoptive parents.
        >
        > Maredudd

        > PCGen List File Help:
        > in creating new homebrew or official list files)
        >
        > PCGen Experimental:
        > official data source development) Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Eric C Smith
        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 20, 2012
          Thanks for the confirmation.

          JIRA opened: http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/DATA-817

          I'll upload a fix for the APG. Then we can tackle the other sources with Race traits.

          Maredudd